GTP_WRS Week 173 : Laguna Six Pack

• Thread starter EDK
  • 79 comments
Put rubber onto sand along when accelerating, along with the other floss. :D

Hoping to take 1/3 s away, today even.

Yeah point-four. Then I should have stopped, but obviously there's almost 1/3 s in just the last sector. I forgot how to do a 27.1, and the corkscrew was like pouring molasses. Maybe I should review more than one replay before going to track again.

T1: 27.259
T2: 53.192
T3: 74.876

edit: In sector three I seemed to brake between the two trees that are next to the barrier (my visual cue was on the track but that's not describable). Turn in was exactly from the "1" and trail braking about half track width. Right back on throttle but only enough to keep speed at 69 km/h. When the descent starts the throttle goes upto full when it's the steepest and comes half-wayish again. At 90 it's full throttle again.

Last edited:
Why oh why oh why...that transmission :rolleyes: :banghead: :lol:.

But on the other hand the car is pretty sweet 👍 and Laguna Seca can't be missed :D. After a small exploratory I have these just now...

1:17.117

Blew it in the left-hander as I started my ascent so I'll be going back for more later.

:cheers:

Last edited:
Flappy
BB 5/5

According to my numbers there's more than a second to be had still. Lawdy lawdy!

Reactions: EDK
1'14.109

So much time left overall.First 2 sector's are okay for me,but can't find consistency in the lefthander towards corkscrew.Which makes me approach corkscrew with different speed almost every lap.
I think this is one of the most technical tracks in the game.
Despite that this is big fun if you invest some time in it and learn the car''s behaviour and discover the lines.Good tire choice also.
Excellent combo,good job :cheers:

1'13.733
No idea how this should work a full 1/2sek+ quicker. Have .2 in reserve, but that's right perfect everywhere.

Why oh why oh why...that transmission :rolleyes: :banghead: :lol:.

But on the other hand the car is pretty sweet 👍 and Laguna Seca can't be missed :D. After a small exploratory I have these just now...

1:17.117

Blew it in the left-hander as I started my ascent so I'll be going back for more later.

727 Torqueflite is really not that bad. ;)

We've been an an auto kick lately, we subjected you to a 200R4 AND a Powerglide.

If transmissions were apps, or sold on Amazon, I suspect the Torqueflite would get 4 stars, the Powerglide 3, and the 200R4 would get 1.5. Several people who have to drive at around 35-40 MPH most of the time would ask why they could not give the 200R4 zero stars. :lol:

1'14.109

So much time left overall.First 2 sector's are okay for me,but can't find consistency in the lefthander towards corkscrew.Which makes me approach corkscrew with different speed almost every lap.
I think this is one of the most technical tracks in the game.
Despite that this is big fun if you invest some time in it and learn the car''s behaviour and discover the lines.Good tire choice also.
Excellent combo,good job :cheers:
Turn 6 is the key to the whole lap at Laguna Seca.

I like to pick a very consistent marker for braking and learn the amount of wheel angle I need by car, since it's blind. If you wait until you can see the apex before aiming for it, you have turned too late.

It's also a hoot IRL, and you can catch and pass a lot of people on the way up the hill.

T1: 0:27.434
T2: 0:53:384
T3: 1:16:200

...sometimes it just takes an strong argument with your wife to change your driving style to gain 0.9.s...but only sometimes...

Sorry for messing the leader board up. I forgot the colon(I think that's what it's called)when I posted my splits earlier. I edited it but will the leader board get fixed?

Sorry for messing the leader board up. I forgot the colon(I think that's what it's called)when I posted my splits earlier. I edited it but will the leader board get fixed?
Fetchy doesn't pick up edits. You'll have to re-post your splits

Reactions: EDK
Wow, what a great combo, even if I need for 1 good and clean lap at least 15 tries :scared:.

There is a Laguna Seca Track Guide from TidgneyRacing on Youtube which has helped me very well with this challenging track.

Used a brake balance with a slightly higher front bias. BB 6/5.

1'14.183

1'14.034

Submitted with these splits.It's enough for this week :lol:.It's been a while since it was so hard for me to string all the sectors together.I know there's never such thing as a perfect lap,but with this one I ran laps with massive split differences and only a couple of hundreds at the line.
Good luck all.

Back