GTP_WRS Week 173 : Laguna Six Pack

• Thread starter EDK
  • 79 comments
WRS seems dead with GT6
It's very, very difficult to manage the exodus to the beta while keeping things going for the GT6/PS3 guys.

I was personally very involved in this over the weekend, and some of the other staff are also tied up with real life.

It's very much like the tail end of GT4 while Prologue was available and had not yet began supporting WRS.

10 or 15 folks left participating in TT's. And we did not have online to organize and worry about then.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gt4-wrs-week-184-official-results.112009/

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gt4-wrs-week-183-official-results.111846/

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gt4-wrs-week-182-official-results.111683/

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gt4-wrs-week-181-official-results.111502/

But you guys know the schedule and can operate anything you want on an unofficial basis, if there is enough interest from the folks who are still participating here.

Bottom line is that GT6 WRS is not "dead", but it is on life support due to the current state of the broader sim racing universe, and the availability of the beta for a large portion of the dedicated user base.

Thanks @EDK.
Please let us know something official as soon as possible
What do you mean? This week's race?

The WRS is here, we will continue to run TT's. It makes little sense to spend a lot of time organizing online races if nobody if going to race.

@EDK : There is no race for this week, (as long as I know by now) and you are suggesting that there will not be any other WRS online race due the lack of time and racers. Does it deserve an official comunication/thread?

@EDK : There is no race for this week, (as long as I know by now) and you are suggesting that there will not be any other WRS online race due the lack of time and racers. Does it deserve an official comunication/thread?
I am not suggesting that at all, but I am saying that there's a reason you are seeing a bit less on the organization front for the online races.

I'll reiterate that you guys know the times and can do anything you want unofficially, using the WRS Club.

I believe what is being asked here is what Week 174 will be. There is no public thread at this time.

I believe what is being asked here is what Week 174 will be. There is no public thread at this time.
We will post a TT event today.

That's the part that's confusing me, as the questions seem unclear.

This was the first post, clearly directed at online races.

...WRS online races anymore?

I get it, we have had a regular "schedule" that guys are expecting to find, and I am attempting to explain some of the reasons you guys may see inconsistency.

We are still supporting this, but the interest from participants is not as strong, and the organizers are a bit distracted as well.

ok ok. look like I'm generating confusion as @Iceman220 reply "WRS seems dead with GT6" which I quoted leaded me to to ask about the state of the art about WRS without being specific.
Now, @EDK answers are exhaustive to me.

So What I understand is that the schedule is not on time or that you guys are finding it hard to organise because of lack of people?

So What I understand is that the schedule is not on time or that you guys are finding it hard to organise because of lack of people?
It depends on what you are talking about.

For the TT's, we just did not put up an event "early" this week. I say early, because the deadline for the current event is tonight at 11:59 GMT. So we just do not have as much overlap as usual. You guys are used to seeing the TT's on Saturday or Sunday, but that's just what we do, it's not implicitly required and depends on schedules.

The races (online events) we have had much less turnout with the beta in full swing, and our WW (Weekend) event conflicts with the race timing for the beta as well, so chances of attracting people to race in it are less. That, coupled with busy schedules, less time to organize, and also being involved in the beta is causing our execution of those to be inconsistent.

It's hard to find stewards who don't have gt sport beta and for sure I won't be here that much if I had the code...

For the EU schedule just pm me and we can see what can be done this Wednesday 👍

It's hard to find stewards who don't have gt sport beta and for sure I won't be here that much if I had the code...

Same here :lol:
Unfortunately no code for me either :confused:
It''s a pity that interest becomes less for GT,but understandable.
It wasn't that long ago there were full rooms at the WW races though.
A big thanks to all stewards and organisers for all the work during those years 👍
:cheers:

I might be wrong but for the last couple of weeks there have still been enough of us (6?) on both Saturdays and Wednesdays to compete an official race?

Was disappointed that no race happened on Saturday without an official response about it being cancelled, but I understand what @EDK is saying.

No idea how long it takes to test out for the lap numbers/distance for a race but I feel if there was at least a race thread created each week it would be very easy for those of us still participating to do the race event, even without a moderator hosting.

After all, GTS still seems to be several months off?

Very Fast tire/fuel; 27/28+1 laps? Should make 50min race with 2 stops. For more variety in pitstops Fast tire/fuel consumption. 1vs2 stops then?
Just an idea to start with :cheers:

Very Fast tire/fuel; 27/28+1 laps? Should make 50min race with 2 stops. For more variety in pitstops Fast tire/fuel consumption. 1vs2 stops then?
Just an idea to start with :cheers:
I would say that if any of you more experienced guys want to test it out and send us a PM, we can make adjustments to the thread. I just like to know what the fuel consumption per lap looks like, what tire wear is at a certain point. i.e. 10 laps consumed X liters of fuel and rear tires were at Y.

@mcsqueegy was doing some running with it as well, so he may have an idea in mind.

Didn't get much chance to play at the weekend for one reason or another (BTW the Spanish F1 race was AWESOME :D:tup:) but I did get on for another session this evening. Submitted and accepted with these splits...

1:15.963

Made some good improvements with a little picked up in T1, a little more in T2 and a whopping great amount across the line.
Good luck to all :gtpflag:.

:cheers:

Last edited:
Back