GTP_WRS Week 174 : License Test Reprise

• Thread starter EDK
  • 113 comments
Well, I found over 4 tenths at the line....

Still think there's time left now. Discovering different places to make up time all the time. Maybe I'm going of age!! :eek:
:lol::lol::lol:

Going back out for another run I think

GAWDAMIGHTYHEYSOOSMARIMBA!! @mistersafeway . How much speed were you carrying out of the last chicane and did you have to visit the doctor for a head injury after that last lap you posted? I may download your replay just to see your avatar's head disappear from its helmet.

The last 2 and first 2 corners demand so much head imploding, pucker factor commitment anyone with serious commitment issues would need months of therapy to get over it. You better be looking for the exits at both complexes very early. Like, before you even turn in for the lefts. That's a real problem for the first 2 cuz you can't see the exit until you've flown over it.

Pooching the last 2 will pooch your next lap and getting through them well just means you're set up for teeth gnashing after the first two.

My third session had a best lap in it but only by .021 and all but the last sector was actually slower than what I posted from my second session. I put this improvement, which by my usual at this stage in a TT's life is massive, down to having a couple hours nap, big dinner of pot roast, taters 'n carrots with peppers 'n onions and a healthy BM right before the session.

Sorry @Bertracer , good luck in your next session(s)

Submitted and accepted.

Last edited:
GAWDAMIGHTYHEYSOOSMARIMBA!! @mistersafeway . How much speed were you carrying out of the last chicane and did you have to visit the doctor for a head injury after that last lap you posted? I may download your replay just to see your avatar's head disappear from its helmet.

The last 2 and first 2 corners demand so much head imploding, pucker factor commitment anyone with serious commitment issues would need months of therapy to get over it. You better be looking for the exits at both complexes very early. Like, before you even turn in for the lefts. That's a real problem for the first 2 cuz you can't see the exit until you've flown over it.

Pooching the last 2 will pooch your next lap and getting through them well just means your set up for teeth gnashing after the first two.

My third session had a best lap in it but only by .021 and all but the last sector was actually slower than what I posted from my second session. I put this improvement, which by my usual at this stage in a TT's life is massive, down to having a couple hours nap, big dinner of pot roast, taters 'n carrots with peppers 'n onions and a healthy BM right before the session.

Sorry @Bertracer , good luck in your next session(s)

Submitted and accepted.
:lol: 👍

I got quite late that the downhill left before the first tunnel, you probably need to use the right side kerb, exiting. This track is seriously challenging.

I would fail my Test Licence but to me that works, (more than once), even if it looks like I'm running from a tsunami

Yes
In almost all places where this is beneficial i am trying to do it.
Not sure if on my quickest lap i did it everywhere but it definitely helps

I may have to revisit this before the midnight GMT deadline.

Reactions: EDK
Oh....can someone please help me..
The very first corner, I am just reviewing my lap....
Is this illegal?? :confused::confused::scared:
Just seen the op say no concrete curbs are legal . my tyres are still partly touching the track, so does that means it's legal? I've never tried to use track limits as much as I have this week, so sorry if this is an obvious response..

Attachments

• 14954671393361644811743.jpg
    14954671393361644811743.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 19
Just seen the op say no concrete curbs are legal . my tyres are still partly touching the track, so does that means it's legal? I've never tried to use track limits as much as I have this week, so sorry if this is an obvious response..
Looks legal to me but need a better pic from behind the car

As Jeff said, need a better pic, likely both in front of and behind the car.

It looks like it's legal, but the shadow is in the way of the track surface and I can't tell for sure.

So you know, leaving it on camera 1 let's you "walk" around the car and get whatever angle you want.

Beyond that, you can actually take a picture, save it, and then export it to the PS3 system from the gallery, as you do with replays. That will give you much better quality then the cell phone pic.

EDK
As Jeff said, need a better pic, likely both in front of and behind the car.

It looks like it's legal, but the shadow is in the way of the track surface and I can't tell for sure.

So you know, leaving it on camera 1 let's you "walk" around the car and get whatever angle you want.

Beyond that, you can actually take a picture, save it, and then export it to the PS3 system from the gallery, as you do with replays. That will give you much better quality then the cell phone pic.
But hey, my cell phone now takes better pictures than my camera from 2006 :(

Reactions: EDK
But hey, my cell phone now takes better pictures than my camera from 2006 :(
Yes, cell phones take good pics these days. But the light quality and shadowing that happens when you use it to take a picture of a TV screen is not so great. In the Prologue days, we did not have photo mode, so I had to take pictures of the TV and crop them for the WRS photos. :ouch:

An idea of what that looked like.

IMG_0998.jpg

Back