GTP_WRS Week 18 : Rosso Prancer

• Thread starter Argon
  • 242 comments
Okay, finally got rid of my Easter visitors (and they're not buried in the yard) :D
I'm still losing a lot of time, out of curiosity does anyone go anywhere near 1st gear? I'm only going down to 2nd and even that's only in the 1st chicane.

Using combination of @Argon and @EDK tunes

I'm not using 1st gear anywhere.
Final splits for me. Lost quite a bit in sector 2 but its a nice clean lap.

@EDK tune and gears

Couldn't separate the Austrians sadly, thanks @GTP_randy for doing it instead :)

Had my last session after 250 km total. my last sector isn't so good. And I'm 0.4 from optimal

Submitted, good luck all.

Thanks for the tune @Argon and gears @EDK 👍

Damn you two... :D

Anyway, I did not have a very good last sector so I'm expecting to drop a few places in the end.

Back to the old lap. first chicane dirty. Should have corrected this before leaving town on Friday but I did forget to do so :dunce:
Sorry!
Two hours before leaving I did the intense replay check and wanted to submit but :boggled: there’s my wheels inside the curbs a tiny bit too much. Had some time left to try again and met my splits and a tenth up within 7 laps but couldn’t meet my time even close through Ascari and Paraobolica...
Have to submit a great final with a pretty sloppy 2nd sector...

Good luck all!!
@Espial - great splits there!! Way to go.:cheers: Glad of I could help you and other guys with my tune. Was made for smooth driving. :D

Random thoughts while trying to complete a competitive lap time in one day...:)

I hate chicanes...:yuck:
I hate Sony / PD for the replay bug that just cost me 10 places on the splits board...:banghead:
Both wrists hurt while trying to do a weeks worth of laps in one day...:crazy:

I am going to try @Argon strategy of eating a nice sammich and give it one more shot before the deadline...👍👍

:cheers:

Submitted and accepted - over 1,100 miles run this week, excluding circuit experience of c100 miies.

After some really helpful 'coaching' from Mike @Argon on Saturday that ensured I was approaching the corners correctly etc, today finally unlocked a good S2 improvement. Disappointed to lose 0.2 in S1 but an improved S3 too meant a good improvement at the line.

Used Mike's tune and @EDK 's gearing so thanks to both - with their settings rather enjoyed driving the Ferarri round Monza gradually taking more and more kerb at increasing speed

A short 'breather' tomorrow then onto an iconic BMW and a recently returned Japanese track that have always enjoyed too - change down of pace but also much 'harder' tyres with comfort soft making an appearance so will be a real change of grip too.........

In my new best lap (.2 faster than on the board) :eek: I just ran a horrendous first split (.5 slower than my current best lap). :ouch:
Do not have the splits yet, as I got the bug with dashed times and ran another stints to run better time in begin (which I now run relatively consistently .1 faster than that on the board) :drool: but each time I screw up some corners on the way to finish line... so I keep trying and hope I glue them better splits together before deadline. If not, I'll ubdate the splits from checking the best lap replay I have now. ^^

Just a reminder to the TCS captains to message me their drivers for this last week :)

@Ren
@Renrag39

Jerome

I ****ING HATE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I have never had the replay bug and now my top three laps have it even though I continued on for another lap. Of course, my slow times are just fine and I only continued on for 10 seconds or so.

I am so pissed as the sammich worked! :)

Banzai run success ^^

.6 at the line. With around .1 left in split 1 I have to finish this Prancing horse to join its herd and rest in peace (maybe rest in pieces after so many crashes all around :D ) going to submit the time and wish you all good luck.

I'm still losing a lot of time, out of curiosity does anyone go anywhere near 1st gear? I'm only going down to 2nd and even that's only in the 1st chicane.
I'm not touching 1st at all. I only use 2nd for the first chicane and (strangely enough) on my fastest lap around the parabolica.

I feel like I am in the Twilight Zone...380 miles today is enough!

My top three lap replays all have the replay bug...
I had the audio drop bug in several sessions today...
While going down the straights at Monza, the game would enter pause mode all on its own...

Thanks to everyone who posted their set-ups. 👍 I ended up going with @Meister Fetz ...👍👍

Good Luck Everyone!
:cheers:

Can someone please remove my submissions from the thread. I went to send the fastest to fetchy and because my previous TT was black flagged for a hung replay, I watched it again, and, lo and behold, it was also hung with the car’s front wheels touching the start finish line. I then went to my first and second saved laps and the second one was fine but the first was also hung. All three were left/exited entering turn 1 after completion of the lap. Its time to address this as its really a shame to keep having perfectly good laps black flagged for a “technicality”, and, more importantly, its time to have this bug addressed rather than “worked around”. . BFN.

Back