GTP_WRS Week 181 : Roamin' Holiday

• Thread starter EDK
  • 100 comments
I imagined in the last few seconds to have done an okay 3rd sector but it was more than a tenth slower vs the ghost.

Done for tonight.
Hey bud. Just giving this a go now... All is track but walls??

.399 total improvement at the line, but I'm really not sure if it's clean. I don't think it hits a wall, but there may be a point at which it is in contact, too tired to be certain. Oh well, I'll try to get more laps in before deadline whether it's clean or not, this combo is a lot of fun.

Don't see myself going faster. Splits aren't improving by much and the line isn't much better either. splits coming up later, improvement by a grand total of 0.011

.399 total improvement at the line, but I'm really not sure if it's clean. I don't think it hits a wall, but there may be a point at which it is in contact, too tired to be certain. Oh well, I'll try to get more laps in before deadline whether it's clean or not, this combo is a lot of fun.
Wow! :eek: "...if you're in doubt, consider it dirty." :P :sly:

Wow im struggling this week. Csnt figure out braking point for turn 1 to get any consistency on apex or exit speed
No idea about the downhill left right i just keep binning It into the wall.

Wow im struggling this week. Csnt figure out braking point for turn 1 to get any consistency on apex or exit speed

For turn 1 there are signs on the right with the name of the circuit, I've been braking a little before the third one counting out from the corner (I'm pretty sure that's the one). For the weird chicane thing, just go slow then gradually increase the speed. I'm always driving into that wall until I remember that one. :)

@Bertracer I don't know if I ever do this myself but if you have a fixed time for running, perhaps put a portion of it to experimenting? I mean something where it's 100% you won't do a new fast lap (100% focus?).

For the weird chicane thing, just go slow then gradually increase the speed. I'm always driving into that wall until I remember that one. :)
I must have plain slowed down there last time. :dunce:

This week is all about being early both on the brakes and throttle. Car is heavy and it takes a while to get it to stop. Has a lot of torque too and it will take you out of corners quickly.
Try driving the car like you would in real life, and then start pushing until you get to the limit, that usually works for me. Like people said, brake markers are clearly visible here and that is the best way to set your markers. Where nothing else helps, I try to use how high into a gear I am as a marker.

BB 6/7 sorry, I forgot to put that in an earlier post, although it's not exactly an unexpected number...

Well, I finally found something to submit, it's .036 slower at the line, but I'm confident it's clean this time. Will send it to Fetchy now.
I'm clueless about how you guys (aliens) are capable to reach those numbers. 👍

:cheers:

I'm clueless about how you guys (aliens) are capable to reach those numbers. 👍

:cheers:

I can't speak for anyone else, but I make 'em up, it's way easier. :sly:

The boring and honest answer, at least in my case, is just driving as many different cars and tracks as possible and having fun while doing it. More variety seems to increase the chance that I'll notice something that helps my speed, and the competition in the WRS has definitely helped me over the last few years.

I think I don't get much (learn) out of replays. But being inconsistent in T1 and seeing a 25.134 just now, I'm going to try and change that!

edit: locked the right front then

Last edited:
I've been driving with no aids at all, which is how I do 95% of my Gran Turismo... always have.

But after 50 laps of minuscule or no improvements, I finally set ABS to "1". After 5 laps:

Yes, slower than my previous splits but overall time is significantly faster, which means I ain't done yet.

Back