GTP_WRS Week 182 : Mini Hillclimb

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 94 comments
Sooo... we're doing this, and what do I see advertised on GTPlanet? The new, bigger Mini Countryman. :yuck::lol:

Er, maybe I should do what I got on to do. :D

Submitting these, I think I'm done, haven't left much that I've got before so I think it's a decent lap.

What you guys think about that? Clean or Dirt?

Attachments

• 20170716_185827.jpg
    20170716_185827.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 20
Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• At Least 2 Tires must be in contact with track at all times.
    • In situations where contact with the track is not possible because tires are airborne (above the ground), then the run is only legal if at least two tires in-line would have made contact with the track if the car were not airborne.
    • If track contact cannot be 100% determined, then consider it dirty.
From my understanding that is actually very conservative. As you only need two tyres on the tarmac, whereas it seems that you have 3 for that moment.

From my understanding that is actually very conservative. As you only need two tyres on the tarmac, whereas it seems that you have 3 for that moment.
I do not see that, maybe so - although the picture was likely shot when paused it does have poor contrast. I don't recognize the place either.

I do not see that, maybe so - although the picture was likely shot when paused it does have poor contrast. I don't recognize the place either.
I took it from my cell phone. It's the first corner in Goodwood. The front right tire on the green.

I took it from my cell phone. It's the first corner in Goodwood. The front right tire on the green.
As long as you have any portion of 2 tires on the pavement, you are good.

I would say the greater risk this week is actually the walls. And I would also say that generally, keeping the tires on the pavement with this car is faster. You get wheel spin when you dip them off.

EDK
As long as you have any portion of 2 tires on the pavement, you are good.

I would say the greater risk this week is actually the walls. And I would also say that generally, keeping the tires on the pavement with this car is faster. You get wheel spin when you dip them off.

2 tires in line on the pavement also, IE both left on or both right tires on, it is clean. The pic you posted is very clean

Way to take it 👍 sure clean as it's shown. In some turns I take loads of dirt on the inside. Turn1, left hand sweeper sector2 and sometimes the final right in sector1. Taken perfectly the dirt can gain some time there.

In the final right hander, my replay shows I get very close to the hay on the right hand side, though I never appear to hit it. There is no rev drop, or speed change or even a sound difference. On looking closely it looks like I get my front right onto the dirt next to that hay wall, and it kicks up some dirt.... But how can I know if I have hit the hay or not?!

submitted this lap. Leaving quiet some time in sector1-3
Good luck all!!

In the final right hander, my replay shows I get very close to the hay on the right hand side, though I never appear to hit it. There is no rev drop, or speed change or even a sound difference. On looking closely it looks like I get my front right onto the dirt next to that hay wall, and it kicks up some dirt.... But how can I know if I have hit the hay or not?!
When you touch it even ohh so slightly you'll get bounced to the left at the exit...

Reactions: EDK
EDK
:lol:

I think you've invented a new term.
Haha
Just seems like the right term for this, it's an imposing looking tall hay wall, for sure

Ok it must be clean then, about to go and banzai this up.

Also did a couple of laps on 183 and its fun as hell! I love the car too

Damn.... Got sidetracked watching 60 days in jail...
Banzai starting now, ending in 29 mins...

... Approx

Found half a tenth in the banzai run but there is time left out there prob another 2 tenths at least, was way behind ghost all the way till last little bit...

Submitted with these

Good luck all

Back