GTP_WRS Week 187 : Daytona Daytona

Discussion in 'WRS Archive' started by Gravitron, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Gravitron

Gravitron Moderator

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

GT6 Week 187 : Daytona Daytona

[​IMG]

Hotlap Event in Arcade Mode Time Trial

[​IMG]
    Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe '64

[​IMG]

Daytona Road Course

:: Only Open to Qualified GTP_Registered Members ::

:: Members are not obligated to take part ::

Race Details:
    • Mode: Arcade Mode > Single Player > Time Trial
    • Track: World Circuits > Daytona Road Course (non Time/Weather version)
    • Car Type: Garage/Favorites Car
    • Make: USA > Shelby
    • Model: Cobra Daytona Coupe '64
    • Power: 404 HP (After Oil Change)
    • Weight: 1043kg
    • PP: 542

Driving Options:
    • Transmission: Auto or Manual
    • Tires: Sports Soft
    • Driving Line | Traction Control | ASM | ABS: Optional
    • Brake Balance: Adjustment Allowed
    • Active Steering | Skid Recovery Force: Prohibited
    • Tuning: Prohibited
    • In-Race RA Functions: Optional

Course Settings
    :
    • Time: N/A
    • Weather: N/A
    • Grip Reduction on Track Edge: Real

Race Specifics:
    • The event MUST be run using your registered account
    • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
    • Use of the Handbrake is Prohibited.
    • No Contact with walls or other objects. Any contact with walls, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ.
    • Yellow Rumbles and tarmac are legal track. No other surfaces are track.

Steward's Comments:
    A long overdue combo, @EDK thought of this one a few years ago, but we ended up using the car in week 98 at Laguna. Well, we're using it again! :D

[​IMG]

Viewing your Time Splits:

• You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay' (See pic below)
    • To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Gallery' option.
    • Live timing monitor does not work properly, so we have to use a small trick to view splits.
    • While viewing your Replay, pause the lap by hitting start, before the end of the first sector.
    • While keeping the replay paused, advance the replay, using the forward arrow on the replay HUD. This will advance the replay to the end of the first sector. That's your T1 split, write it down.
    • Advance the replay again. That will show the lap to date time on the screen, this is your first and second sector time, added together.
    • To post your T1 Splits, simply post the lap to date times that are shown in the middle of the screen. Do not try to calculate the actual T2 split time, the Fetchbot will do that for you.
    [​IMG]
    (Best Lap Replay Icon)

[​IMG]

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• At Least 2 Tires must be in contact with track at all times.
      • In situations where contact with the track is not possible because tires are airborne (above the ground), then the run is only legal if at least two tires in-line would have made contact with the track if the car were not airborne.
      • If track contact cannot be 100% determined, then consider it dirty.
    • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track.
    • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
    • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
    • No hybrids
    • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
    • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
    Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on Skype or via other private conversation methods):

• Total Lap Time
    • Any information which can be used to infer your total laptime
    The following information can be discussed in this thread :

• The first 3 splits: T1 through T3 times
    • Any settings discussion

Splits Sharing

• WRS Participants have traditionally shared splits as a way to reveal their pace without providing the full lap time until the event deadline. Posting of splits is not mandatory, but is considered fair sportsmanship.
    • WRS Admins reserve the right to request posting of splits from members who show a pattern of avoidance or deception in this area.
    • If you fail to comply with a direct request from an admin to post splits for a current or future event, we reserve the right to disqualify your lap from the results.

[​IMG]

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 187 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Then attach your 'Best Lap'/'Ghost' replay in zip file form. Everyone submits a replay instead of listing a lap time.
    • You will need to put something in the message body in order to begin a conversation. It doesn't matter what you put, it can even be 1 letter or symbol. Nobody but the Fetchbot is going to see it, so it's sort of pointless, anyhow.
    • You will get an automated response within 15min, letting you know whether your submission was accepted, or if you had an error.
    • If you have an error, don't panic. Just review the instructions for submission and submit again. If you are having trouble and cannot figure it out, please post your question in the race thread.
    • Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the Subject: "GTP_WRS Week XX Get Entry" and any text in the body.
    • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the Subject: "GTP_WRS Week XX Remove Entry" and any text in the body.
    • If you want to submit multiple times in the week that is still not a problem. Just reply to the conversation with your new time and new replay. Fetchy always uses the last submitted time as the final one.
    • See this screenshot as an example on how to submit:
    [​IMG]

• The deadline is Monday, August 21st 11:59pm GMT
    • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:

GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Replay Checking:

• Everyone is required to submit a replay for verification. This happens when you submit to the Fetchbot, and the replays will be visible in the leaderboard, once we've reached the event deadline
    • Participants will be expected to check each others' replays for cleanliness, for replays marked in the Results thread as (Check Needed)
    • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

[​IMG]

Good luck, :gtpflag:
    OLR Team

2. EDK

EDK Moderator

I came up with this combo in the early days of GT6, back in February of 2014. I always thought I was "saving" it, for the right time. And then I ended up using the car at Laguna Seca 2 years ago.

I think now is the right time to dust it off, and I went the other way with tires this week. You get a classic race car on sports soft. :tup:

3. Mr P

Mr P

I love this car it's a beast and the engine sound is one of the best in the game imo :bowdown: A few laps to start the board off..

1'10.299

Loads left and will enjoy chipping away at it.. shame you can't do it on a lap 1, but it's a nice scenery for lap 1 :lol:

GLA :cheers:

4. Mr P

Mr P

1'10.080

Addictive :sly::tup:

suprajef, randy1122, Rikson and 2 others like this.
  5. epic_apri_39

epic_apri_39

Ah. I've never been great at Daytona but hopefully won't be as bad as last time.

(Filler post just following)

suprajef and Mr P like this.
  6. roamer2629

roamer2629

Then you should hear Gravitron's impression of it :D Made us all laugh while testing :lol:

Mr P, suprajef, mistersafeway and 5 others like this.
  7. Thematic

Thematic

I almost finished a lap - slowly and yes, on sport tyres - but paused to go back and actually re-read the old thread (OP) some and then realized the car came out of the stockyard with the suspension and downforce incorrectly set for this week. Hoping to catch more stuff early, then.

T1: 30.723
    T2: 57.156
    T3: 72.673

Mr P, suprajef, Rikson and 1 other person like this.
  8. Rikson

Rikson

Great combo again,love the tires :lol:
    Just a couple of laps,not sure about shift point yet.

1'10.410
    :cheers:

EDK, Mr P, suprajef and 2 others like this.
  9. mistersafeway

mistersafeway

1'10.217

Don't know if I'll get another good go, got a sore throat and may have a nasty cold developing. Oh well, I think my sector 4 makes up for the first 3 somewhat (I actually thought it looked dirty until I just checked), so may just submit this on Monday if I really can't improve.

Mr P, Rikson, suprajef and 1 other person like this.
  10. suprajef

suprajef Premium

500 rpm before redline

Serialf, Mr P, Rikson and 1 other person like this.
  11. Mr P

Mr P

Yep gear up at about 7500 revs and make sure you are back in 3rd before exiting the bus stop for extra oomph on the last banking :tup:

Close splits guys :cheers:

roamer2629, suprajef and Rikson like this.
  12. Thematic

Thematic

Tacho lies in darkness so I usually go by the sound 1->2->3 and HUD speed figure from there up.

The car does shake quite a bit on the banked turns, which is neat (trick) but a little tiring. This game still perplexes me: I can only guess it's either an aspect of the suspension settings or the dimensions of the car. Also the tyres screech sometimes in another way, higher pitch but softer or so.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
    roamer2629, Mr P and suprajef like this.
  13. suprajef

suprajef Premium

Brake early so you don't upset the front in turn entry. Helps with exit on this car while getting on the gas smoothly

Mr P likes this.
  14. DeuxMilles

DeuxMilles

Hi,

those long lefthanders before and after the busstop are mysterious. How to? Above? Below? The classic way outside-inside-outside? Maybe only a "problem" for the non-us-guys :confused:

cheers,
    D.

Thematic likes this.
  15. SRT DK Racing

SRT DK Racing

1:10.350

Rikson and Mr P like this.
  16. EDK

EDK Moderator

Normally I just hold the low line through there and then drift out toward the wall on the approach to the bus stop.

Figuring that moving around the track a bunch is only going to cost time. No speed to be gained by attempting to apex the turn somewhere.

I've actually driven on this track, and it's pretty crazy. Taking the high side to pass 2 slower cars below you is pretty crazy. The Camaro I drove in my first stint was going 155 MPH on the high banks, that will get you puckering.

BenMillard, suprajef, Serialf and 4 others like this.
  17. Rikson

Rikson

1'10.302

18. Mr P

Mr P

1'09.933

My bus stop exit wasn't as good as I can hit it.. going back for more :cheers:

GL guys :tup:

19. Mr P

Mr P

Slower splits faster lap.. smashed through the bus stop and took .2 off my best :tup:

1'10.049

Daytona Road Course.jpg

The car is on 1 wheel only at this closest point to an off... but it's clean! :D:tup: I reckon I have another .2 at the most going by my best splits.. will try again at the weekend!

Have fun guys this is a superb combo :bowdown:

suprajef, EDK, roamer2629 and 2 others like this.
  20. Thematic

Thematic

I already had a dirty lap at that spot (session extended, result posted), it's unforgiving in that if the preview shows borderline the actual picture then makes it clearly out. Or that's how it went, that time.

21. DeuxMilles

DeuxMilles

Hi,

horrible drive. Still losing a lot of time in those long lefthanders. For now:

1:11.309

best busstop-exit when hit the gras accidently :dunce::

cheers,
    D.

Mr P, suprajef, Rikson and 1 other person like this.
  22. quentin1974

quentin1974

1:12.063

I like this car

Mr P, roamer2629 and suprajef like this.
  23. Serialf

Serialf

Very nice all-american combo, Mr. @EDK :tup:
    This is a sexy car !!!

Many thanks @DeuxMilles for showing me how to do the bus stop not going below 16X Kms/h :dopey: :sick:

Mr P, suprajef, Rikson and 3 others like this.
  24. Thematic

Thematic

Delta about 10% of what could be expected, based on today's attempts. But who knows, so here it is.

25. Thematic

Thematic

144 km/h

Serialf and Rikson like this.
  26. Thematic

Thematic

At least a sixth left for later, if that were to be before Tuesday.

Mr P, suprajef and Rikson like this.
  27. suprajef

suprajef Premium

Lovely combo

BenMillard, Mr P, randy1122 and 4 others like this.
  28. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

Been some time, but I'm hoping to get a time In for this.

One thing I do want to ask is if this car registers the Shifter. From what I remember with GT6, some old cars you could use the shifter with but others you could only use the paddles.

BenMillard likes this.
  29. Thematic

Thematic

I don't know but it does have a fixed ratio box, unlike most race cars. So my guess is: yes.

30. BenMillard

BenMillard

5 laps, loved this car since GT2.

1:11.322

Not exported nor sent to Fetchy yet.

You taught me this car can be painted. Awesome!

suprajef, Rikson and roamer2629 like this.