• Weight: 1,043 kg
  • PP: 542
Driving Options:
  • Transmission: Auto or Manual
  • Tires: Racing Hard
  • Driving Line | Traction Control | ASM | ABS: Optional
  • Brake Balance: Adjustment Allowed
  • Active Steering | Skid Recovery Force: Prohibited
  • Tuning: Added Parts Not Allowed. Tuning REQUIRED to Set Car to Defined Specs
  • Custom Paint Allowed.
  • In-Race RA Functions: Allowed As Available. Brake Balance changes Allowed.
REQUIRED Tuning Settings:

• All Settings on the Car are Required to be Stock, Except for the Below. The below settings MUST be in place to qualify for the event.
  • Suspension Camber Angle Should be set at 0.0 for both Front and Rear
  • Suspension Toe Angle Should be set at 0.00 for both Front and Rear
  • Body Downforce (Aero) should be set to the Maximum Levels for Both Front and Rear (350 Front/600 Rear)
  • These settings are REQUIRED for the event, if your car is not set at these levels, your replay will be rejected.

Course Settings
:
  • Time: N/A
  • Weather: N/A
  • Grip Reduction on Track Edge: Real

Race Specifics:
  • The event MUST be run using your registered account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • Use of the Handbrake is Prohibited.
  • No Contact with walls or other objects. Any contact with walls, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ.
  • Tarmac between white lines (including the white line) and Blue and White rumbles are track

Steward's Comments:
It's been a while, how you guys doin'? I've moved, so I've been pretty busy for the past 6 months or so. You can see my new location in my profile. But I'm still racing, and have a couple of events coming up at Laguna Seca this month. So I thought I would pop in and make an event to help me practice for the races. This is a good one, the car is amazing and the track is a classic. Have fun!

Viewing your Time Splits:
  • You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay' (See pic below)
  • To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Gallery' option.
  • Live timing monitor does not work properly, so we have to use a small trick to view splits.
  • While viewing your Replay, pause the lap by hitting start, before the end of the first sector.
  • While keeping the replay paused, advance the replay, using the forward arrow on the replay HUD. This will advance the replay to the end of the first sector. That's your T1 split, write it down.
  • Advance the replay again. That will show the lap to date time on the screen, this is your first and second sector time, added together.
  • To post your T1 Splits, simply post the lap to date times that are shown in the middle of the screen. Do not try to calculate the actual T2 split time, the Fetchbot will do that for you.
SaveBestLapIcon.png

(Best Lap Replay Icon)

Standard Clean OLR Rules:
  • At Least 2 Tires must be in contact with track at all times.

• In situations where contact with the track is not possible because tires are airborne (above the ground), then the run is only legal if at least two tires in-line would have made contact with the track if the car were not airborne.
    • If track contact cannot be 100% determined, then consider it dirty.
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track.
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods):

• Total Lap Time
  • Any information which can be used to infer your total laptime

The following information can be discussed in this thread :

• The first 3 splits: T1, T2, & T3 times
  • Any settings discussion

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 98 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Then attach your 'Best Lap'/'Ghost' replay in zip file form. Everyone submits a replay instead of listing a lap time.
  • You will need to put something in the message body in order to begin a conversation. It doesn't matter what you put, it can even be 1 letter or symbol. Nobody but the Fetchbot is going to see it, so it's sort of pointless, anyhow.
  • You will get an automated response within 15min, letting you know whether your submission was accepted, or if you had an error.
  • If you have an error, don't panic. Just review the instructions for submission and submit again. If you are having trouble and cannot figure it out, please post your question in the race thread.
  • Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the Subject: "GTP_WRS Week XX Get Entry" and any text in the body.
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the Subject: "GTP_WRS Week XX Remove Entry" and any text in the body.
  • If you want to submit multiple times in the week that is still not a problem. Just reply to the conversation with your new time and new replay. Fetchy always uses the last submitted time as the final one.
  • See this screenshot as an example on how to submit:

• The deadline is Monday, December 7th 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:

GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Replay Checking:
  • Everyone is required to submit a replay for verification. This happens when you submit to the Fetchbot, and the replays will be visible in the leaderboard, once we've reached the event deadline
  • Participants will be expected to check each others' replays for cleanliness, for replays marked in the Results thread as (Check Needed)
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

Good luck, :gtpflag:
OLR Team

Last edited:
For some reason I thought this car was gonna handle like a 🤬.
Probably after driving the Camaro on CS but no.
I have done a few laps and what a nice drive it is.
Thanks for the combo @EDK :cheers:

Great to have you back Kev! :cheers:
Wow, legendary combo, perfect choice.
Such a beautiful machine, I was drooling over one of these recently at The Cobra Experience, about 2 hours from Laguna Seca. It's a really amazing place, they have numerous cobras and mustangs, oh and a GT40, check them out cobraexperience.org. :cool:

Last edited:
I can't wait to get started on this one @EDK. 👍

Being from Texas and my avatar may have clued you in that I'm a big fan of Carrol Shelby & his cars. Its also pretty obvious to friends and family since my oldest sons name is Shelby. :D

Interesting...at high revs it is pretty stable but, at low revs, it is very squirelly! Started with auto transmission to get a feel for the car and the brake bias for the first 20 miles or so...then switched to manual gears and it only took me 4 laps to go almost a second quicker and 5 laps to set new PBs in every sector so, quite clearly, manual transmission is better if I can improve that much, given I'm pretty useless with gears!

Brake bias of 3/5 and shifting at about 7,800 rpm or so:

S1: 21.632
S2: 41.915
S3: 59.632

I managed to take some time off compared to my first session, granted my first sector was slower.

1'01.081

Any tips for turn 5? That seems to be where I lose the most time.

Any tips for turn 5? That seems to be where I lose the most time.
When you say turn 5, do you mean the real track map turn 5, the left that starts the climb up the hill?

If so, I am braking between the second and third markers, and seem to be able to carry more speed if I only downshift to 2nd. Make it to the apex and carry momentum.

If you mean turn 6, under the bridge on the way up the hill, I am braking at the 3rd marker (#2) keeping the car in 2nd gear, grabbing a lot of apex and back on throttle AT apex. You are generally better off making sure you are on throttle early vs. trying to carry too much speed in. It's a long run up the hill, and carrying a lot of speed here is key. One of the 2 most important turns on the track.

It's nice seeing my name in second place on the leaderboard! Unfortunately, as soon as people move to this combo I will be back to my usual place way down the field.

Continued with brake bias of 3/5 and improved by 2 tenths after several laps....switched to 2/7 but the car did not like that brake bias so reduced it down to 2/5 and went 3 tenths quicker with PBs in all sectors bar sector 2, so a half second improvement today. Not sure how much more time I can find as my theoretical best is only 2 tenths faster (all down to the slow sector 2 in my best lap) but will keep going as I am really enjoying this combo and am feeling comfortable with using manual shift for it (helped by the fact it has so few gears :lol:)

S1: 21.500
S2: 41.834
S3: 59.350

Had a few laps.. understeer.. oversteer.. what will it be ? I'm getting understeer going into a coner.. and oversteer coming out.. all over the place.. not at all enjoyable.. anyway my times..

0'21.612
0'41.779
0'59.362

Last edited:
Had a few laps.. understeer.. oversteer.. what will it be ? I'm getting oversteer going into a coner.. and oversteer coming out.. all over the place.. not at all enjoyable..

That's very strange...have you changed all the tuning settings as listed in the OP? I ask because my experience of it is completely different...sure, there's some oversteer in low revs, particularly first gear, but, asides from that, I am rarely getting oversteer, unless I go over the kerbs as a lot of the kerbs do unsettle the car quite a bit. Understeer is the biggest issue with it and sometimes it take so long to get on the throttle waiting for the car to turn (I spent all session wishing that we could change the TOE asides from the amount in the OP) but, apart from that annoyance, I find it a really fun car to drive as it is really well balanced...I just don't get how it could be so different for you?

The only other thing I can think of is gear usage. Due to it's squirelliness in 1st gear, I only use it 3 times during the lap and spend most of the time in 2nd, shifting to 3rd on most of the straights

Oh, almost forgot...that's an excellent time if you are hating and struggling so much!! 👍

Turn1+Corkscrew - you shouldn't be in the range of 1st gear anywhere else.

That's 2 of the places...the other one is the final turn, though I hadn't tried it in 2nd gear. In the back of my mind was going to the lowest gear to get better acceleration down the straight as I was struggling with that in the last combo with being in too high a gear for the final turn (and the event before that in quite a few corners). Of course, it could just be because I am a lot slower I am down into 1st gear range! Thank you for the advice about it though...I shall give it a go tomorrow and see if it helps me gain time 👍

That's very strange...have you changed all the tuning settings as listed in the OP? I ask because my experience of it is completely different...sure, there's some oversteer in low revs, particularly first gear, but, asides from that, I am rarely getting oversteer, unless I go over the kerbs as a lot of the kerbs do unsettle the car quite a bit. Understeer is the biggest issue with it and sometimes it take so long to get on the throttle waiting for the car to turn (I spent all session wishing that we could change the TOE asides from the amount in the OP) but, apart from that annoyance, I find it a really fun car to drive as it is really well balanced...I just don't get how it could be so different for you?

The only other thing I can think of is gear usage. Due to it's squirelliness in 1st gear, I only use it 3 times during the lap and spend most of the time in 2nd, shifting to 3rd on most of the straights

Oh, almost forgot...that's an excellent time if you are hating and struggling so much!! 👍

Yes.. set all settings to defult.. then toe and camber to 0 front/rear.. gears.. LSD.. to defult.. DF.. up to max..

Had another go.. drove less agressively.. seemed to help alot.. still getting oversteer out of slow corners.. probably due to powering up too soon.. However begining to enjoy it a bit more now I'm getting used to how the car behaves..

Gone faster.. seen faster S1.. S2.. but not S3. Up .3 at the line..

0'21.501
0'41.468
0'58.985

Back