GTP_WRS Week 2: Rosso Corsa

• Thread starter roamer2629
  • 164 comments
Car really handles like:
1650664931299.png

Like seriously, no way in hell does an actual F50 have such poor....everything really.

Last edited:
Not going down into 2nd works, after a fashion, for me. I messed up Parabolica (again), so the final time was worse than the splits indicated, but a clean time trial is a good time trial:

1:19.842

Best lap submitted from these splits. My brake problem has retuned and needs to be fixed before I can make any meaningful attempts to improve.

1:18.149

My sector 2 time was .4xx slower than previous but made it up with my best final sector of the time trial for a slightly faster lap. I hope to get a few more cracks at this but not sure how long I will be sidelined.

1:16.476

Submitting this. Probably one of the more frustrating sessions I've had in quite some time. Getting a solid lap for my standards is one thing, getting it while also being within the WRS track limits is a completely different story. :lol:

I've had laps nearly 1 tenth up on this one that I've unfortunately had to ignore due to them being dirty or too close to call. While the perfectionist in me is a bit disappointed that I'm 3 tenths off my optimal, I'm relieved that I was able to at least get a pretty good lap that's also clean.

There's been an update that has affected the physics, so how do things work for new times from today?

I had some time this morning. This feels a touch easier on braking since the update (1.13), I can submit a faster time, but I'm slightly hesitant.

Are we still accepting submissions with patch 1.13? @roamer2629 @EDK

I feel there's an advantage to those who run today, but this kind of thing could happen throughout the life of GT7.

There's been an update that has affected the physics, so how do things work for new times from today?

I had some time this morning. This feels a touch easier on braking since the update (1.13), I can submit a faster time, but I'm slightly hesitant.

Are we still accepting submissions with patch 1.13? @roamer2629 @EDK

I feel there's an advantage to those who run today, but this kind of thing could happen throughout the life of GT7.
I'll have time to look into this later today, but we probably will accept submissions.

1:16.800

Submitting this, hopefully it’s okay to be post update, otherwise I’m definitely out, my previous attempts were not fast enough for my liking.

And on the update, mostly I’ve just been finding it easier to go the speed I want to. Admittedly I did go from a couple of .9s to .9 not being my limit (.7 realistically), but I think it’s still just the car being more forgiving, not faster.

All - We will also send a PM to all current participants, referencing this post.

I have updated the event deadline in the leaderboard and in the thread. Due to the physics changes and in order to maintain a level playing field, we will extend the deadline for a week, until May 2nd.

• If you have submitted and do not want to keep your time, follow the instructions in the OP on removing your entry.
  • If you are OK with your time, you can just leave it.
  • And if you want to run again, just submit the new time, and it will over ride the old one.

This unfortunately is always a risk with a new game that may have physics updates. Thanks in advance for your understanding and flexibility.

Back