GTP_WRS Week 2: Rosso Corsa

• Thread starter roamer2629
  • 164 comments
The leaderboard still says the deadline is today when I check… just gonna get my most recent splits and send my new lap to Fetchy if it’s clean. For reasons. I’m not in a panic, you are!

Edit: and now I’m realising there’s no point, Fetchy is likely to just ignore my new lap submission like the splits. Eep. How about we just agree not to look?

Edit 2: Fetchy does accept new submissions, so not fully on strike. Hopefully that means we aren’t screwed.

Last edited:
Reactions: EDK
The leaderboard still says the deadline is today when I check… just gonna get my most recent splits and send my new lap to Fetchy if it’s clean. For reasons. I’m not in a panic, you are!

Edit: and now I’m realising there’s no point, Fetchy is likely to just ignore my new lap submission like the splits. Eep. How about we just agree not to look?

Edit 2: Fetchy does accept new submissions, so not fully on strike. Hopefully that means we aren’t screwed.
That might have been a timing issue with updating the board before the thread. I changed it again. And it shows as next week. Understanding some times might have been revealed temporarily, we will still continue with this.

EDK
All - We will also send a PM to all current participants, referencing this post.

I have updated the event deadline in the leaderboard and in the thread. Due to the physics changes and in order to maintain a level playing field, we will extend the deadline for a week, until May 2nd.

• If you have submitted and do not want to keep your time, follow the instructions in the OP on removing your entry.
  • If you are OK with your time, you can just leave it.
  • And if you want to run again, just submit the new time, and it will over ride the old one.

This unfortunately is always a risk with a new game that may have physics updates. Thanks in advance for your understanding and flexibility.
Outstanding news, I left .4xx in sector 2 on my submitted lap.

I expect to have my brake problem fixed tomorrow and can't wait to get back at it.

1:19.425

Before update somehow undrivable for me without TC, tried it right now and after figuring out some lines for first chicanes, I got to a point when I improved my initial gold run by 2s. Definitely more user friendly now after update and thanks for the added time on this. Will get a proper run in the end of the week. Close to reach my set goal, still far away from the optimal run.

Reactions: EDK
Just watched my reply from doing the circuit experience, saved it, but I see no split times, even after selecting show all race info,, I won't mention what time I did btw, just don't see any splits, don't know why.

Just watched my reply from doing the circuit experience, saved it, but I see no split times, even after selecting show all race info,, I won't mention what time I did btw, just don't see any splits, don't know why.
Exit showcase then go back on the replay

If you fast forward in a replay you lose the splits.

I did not fast forward, just played the whole thing at normal speed. ahh saw them little sound and clock stops ye?
Hope I'm right and did not screw-up
going to re-check....was right
1:12.428

Last edited:
I did not fast forward, just played the whole thing at normal speed. ahh saw them little sound and clock stops ye?
Hope I'm right and did not screw-up
going to re-check....was right
1:12.428
If those splits are correct you are the fastest by a long way as the current leader @Doodle was a second slower on the first split and four seconds slower on the second. I’m not saying you’re definitely wrong (you may be alien fast), but I’d be surprised if those are correct. Are you sure you did it on the license S-2 with the correct settings?

I'm guessing I screwed up. 😪 circuit experience, not S2 oh well something to try with new wheel that just this min came at door.

Last edited:
1:19.992
nibbled a litte bit of previous, used controller. wheel works but I'm crap with it if brakes are involved lol
Now my DIY wood frame for holding wheel is busted and it slips on carpet when I turn when sitting on sofa lol
All clamped up, wood glue and nails, fingers crossed. waiting a day before I try it. Its crap , box shape frame I made, peddles on room floor where slipping a bit when braking lol

I had this Idea to do me some DIY stand for my wheel, as the one I have, is a bit wobbly in the area where the pole for wheel connects to the main base, even when you tighten it as much as you can.

My diy frame is 3x2 sides, 4 by 1/2inch on top & bottom. It won't stand on its own with wheel attached, would just fall over, slips on carpet in room too, thinks I'll knock some small nails through bottom so they just poke through to stop slipping a bit,, crazy things we dod to save money lol

Back