GTP_WRS Week 21 : Official Results

@EDK: Thanks and makes sense.

@Gravitron & Teecro: I would have kept shifting into 2nd on turn 2 and not made the podium if it weren't for your advice... hope you don't regret giving it :sly:

I don't regret it at all.
That's what this is all about having fun.
I don't mind sharing info like that, helps people out.
I know I've received a lot of valuable advice that I've used in the few weeks I've been here.
If anything joining the WRS has helped me improve my driving lines a bunch.👍
'Met' some good people and enjoy having this immense D3 competition going on since I've joined.

I've only been around for about 4 weeks and your not in my division so didn't think it was fair for me to make a call so close when it concerns a podium. Not sure if anyone else has looked at it yet that might have more experience? To me if you are "assumed clean until proven dirty" then the lap is probably clean. If you have to "prove you are over curbing" then it's close. I just don't have enough history with the WRS to know how they judge these. Good luck.

Also, I see a few other people got the addition wrong on the 3rd decimal... Did you use that website (linked in the combo thread) to add up your lap times? I think that code is using "floating point data type" to store the numbers and those aren't guaranteed to be accurate beyond a certain precision... Someone else pointed out there were odd digits added to the numbers when they added like 1.999989 instead of just 2.0 I'm pretty sure that type of error is not a big deal, but just wondering if using that site is the best idea.

This was my first week so i hope im not going to be concidered a dirty driver after this. i truely didnt mean to cheat.

I used the website given to add the time. It gave me a 2'06.42699.

Good call(s), Tim, both on getting a 2nd opinion on the replay, and on putting 2-and-2 together for the thousandth-off-by-one errors and Kristof's initial report of the website calculator's inaccuracies. 👍

I bet you spent more time scrutinizing my close call with the Lambo at Monza though. ;)

I can look at the replay tonight, but it sounds like an Admin will probably want to check it as well.

EDIT: Don't worry too much Zubs, even if it turns out to DQ you, we're pretty forgiving on new guys, unless it starts to become an obvious habit. 👍 Personal opinion based on my experience only, of course.

This was my first week so i hope im not going to be concidered a dirty driver after this. i truely didnt mean to cheat.

I used the website given to add the time. It gave me a 2'06.42699.

I don't think anyone will think you cheated or are a dirty driver even if it turns out they red flag the submission. Wasn't like you were trying to exploit some shortcut or something.

That pretty much confirms the time adding website is using floating point numbers and probably shouldn't be used if we are concerned with accuracy to thousands of a second :) Either that or instruct people to round and not truncate the result to 3 digits :sly:

Quote on floating point: Never assume that the result is accurate to the last decimal place. There are always small differences between the "true" answer and what can be calculated with the finite precision of any floating point processing unit.

Last edited:
I bet you spent more time scrutinizing my close call with the Lambo at Monza though. ;)

I have gotten a few tough replay assignments in the short time I've been here.

Tim, based on your screenshot I would green flag zubski, as I was just as close on turn 6 and I felt sure that it was clean. I haven't checked the actual replay so it also depends on where the wheel is just before and after. I can look at it tomorrow but since there's also the time error maybe it's best to let the admins decide.

GTP_MadMax86 -
gflagjn4.gif

Congratulations on the division win, 3 clean and consistant laps 👍 and a nice drift attempt in the end :)

And thanks for checking my replay too.

Thanks for checking 👍

MadMax

Times add up, correct tires, and 3 clean laps. 👍

Division 4:

3---2'09.278---GTP_MilleRSVR
gflagjn4.gif

Good job on the podium!

I also took a look at Zubski's replay, and I'll leave it for an Admin to look at, but I think Tim's pictures were the absolute best point in time, and represent the closest to off-track that he got. 👍 I call all 3 laps clean, but Admins will need to rule on that and the dumb website calculator error.

Times add up, correct tires, and 3 clean laps. 👍

Division 4:

3---2'09.278---GTP_MilleRSVR
gflagjn4.gif

Good job on the podium!

I also took a look at Zubski's replay, and I'll leave it for an Admin to look at, but I think Tim's pictures were the absolute best point in time, and represent the closest to off-track that he got. 👍 I call all 3 laps clean, but Admins will need to rule on that and the dumb website calculator error.

Gravitron, thanks for reviewing.👍

This one was tough getting three clean laps together.

EDK
We've got some things in the works that we hope will re-energize the registry membership base. More to come............

EDK, sounds interesting, looking forward to what you guys come up with.

You and all the admins. do a great job organizing and running these events for us to enjoy.👍

Thanks for the comments. I wasn´t so consistent this week though. I wouldn´t have won this week without the help of these people:

- Thanks to Twissy for the battle. You would have beaten me for sure with more seat time. Great way to make it into the WRS.
- Thanks to Philip for the advice and the color.:D
- Thanks to Cico for advice. He made me think about using 3rd gear in the first corner. I was instantly faster at T1.
- Thanks to Pekka for checking my replay.👍
- Thanks to Kevin for posting my replay and organising setting up another great combo.👍

As you see I didn´t really deserve it, but I was lucky enough to get all this help. See you in week 23.

Yes I´m on holiday, just a quick post.:)
Sorry for my English, it´s just so hot here.:crazy:

Tim, based on your screenshot I would green flag zubski, as I was just as close on turn 6 and I felt sure that it was clean. I haven't checked the actual replay so it also depends on where the wheel is just before and after. I can look at it tomorrow but since there's also the time error maybe it's best to let the admins decide.

I would say that's three votes for clean including my own. Gravitron's check and verification that the pictures I posted are the most relevant and yanaran's green flagging of said pictures leads me to believe we should green flag the run.

IMO, the time issue is not enough to red flag since it was the website issue, to the third decimal place, and Zubski wasn't the only one to make this same error as Twissy was green flagged by MadMax86 for the same issue. Maybe both their times should be "corrected" by +0.001 to make it completely accurate, but not red flagged.

So in this case, if the admins want the drivers to "team up and figure it out" I think we have done that and given plenty of time for additional people to review and we are ruling green. If the admins prefer to make a ruling in these close cases we gave them a few days to do so (or post that they were looking at it) so I suspect they want to leave it to the participating drivers. WIth that in mind I'm going to be bold here... scold and over rule me if I'm overstepping... but I don't want the admins to have to make a call the drivers should be able to rule on:

2'06.427---GTP_Zubski
gflagjn4.gif

WRP001 thank you for taking the time to do all this. next time ill be more carefull and watch the reply a little closer. and thanks to everyone else who also gave me the green flag. Also i should use a different website to add my time up lol.

I've had the same errors with the website as well.
But when that pops up I just see if rounding fixes the issue and gives the same time as what it should be.
I can say that anytime I've rounded, it's always been what it should be.

Manual math for the win! The tenths, hundredths, and thousandths are easy enough to do in your head, it's once you get to the full seconds where it gets harder, converting 127 seconds, for example, to 2'07.xxx.

Nice driving, Zubski. Quite an accomplishment to start out being on-par with MadMax86 and Philip (drandad/GTP_Eriba). 👍

I agree with Tim's action here, let's let the Admins handle the harder and not-so-obvious questions that come up. 👍

EDIT: I tried 15 laps with all-3rd-gear last night, but only managed a 42.4xx. :( But I kept thinking about the RX7, so my heart wasn't really in it 100% like last week. Kind of expected that, I guess.
I'll also say that I'm a big fan of multi-lappers. 👍 Separates the men from the (lucky) boys. :)

Last edited:
Congrats to all that took part with the Mini. 👍

Well done to the top 4 guys showed great control :bowdown:

GTP_w-g-e / GTP_MadMax86 / GTP_poolhaas / GTP_Iddledoo

Replay Below

Phillip

Attachments

• BCES00569-RPL001.zip
    619.9 KB · Views: 9
3---2'06.568---GTP_Eriba
gflagjn4.gif

Good , clean laps with correct tyres. 👍

MadMax

Here is my PAL replay. I hope its not to late.

Attachments

• Iddledoo Week 21 Pal Replay.zip
    523.5 KB · Views: 10
I'll check now.

GTP_Iddledoo -
gflagjn4.gif

Congrats on taking the D4 gold 👍

Last edited:
Back