GTP_WRS Week 22 : The Grip Sensei Returns (changes made for v1.09)

• Thread starter EDK
  • 314 comments
Crazy tight at the top of D2 :eek: nerve wracking to think there's another 40% of the lap left after this!! One tenth of a second covering the top three after nearly 5 minutes of track action - amazing....

Nice time @milross ! 👍 :)

I been able to find enought time for a quick last session, i lost a big chunk in the last part before the straight but still shaved a little bit of time. Touched the sand in t2 as well :(

Still an improvement wich is always a good thing!

1'17.766
1'37.983
2'20.316
2'54.083
3'21.850
4'09.183
4'46.333

I'm not going to mention how many miles I've ran.. This is one of the very few clean..

1'18.250
1'38.534
2'21.734
2'55'467
3'23.167
4'11.234
4'49.150

I lost about 7 tenths to my ghost in 1 sector.. and I've been up over a second on this one, but spun out on the roundabout thingy :[

Absolutely gutted... I was streaming the F1 today and it apparently fried my laptop :( I knew it was on its last legs but I wasn't ready for it when it went. I now have no way of uploading replays so I'm out of the WRS 'til I get something sorted. That and I have to steer clear of any news outlets until 7:30 tonight to catch BBC's highlights of the race.

:grumpy:
Do you have an Android device? If so, get a SDHC card that will fit the device (most likely microSDHC), a USB reader (for the PS3) and a zip file creator app (I've used AndroZip with great success).

My PC is still in a box so i cant do a few sector vid but if anyone have questions about the car or track i can try to help :)

What can help shave time is using the right gear, sometimes it is better keeping a gear instead of downshifting, like keeping 3rd instead of downshifting to 2nd to make it turn more, if it doesnt turn enought adjust brake bias or front downforce,

Be careful with brake bias, too high will make it lose the rear too quickly, might feel good around chicane but its too unpredictable in other section, you want free flowing turn-in as much as possible on that track you dont need strong brake. :)

Thats why high front downforce work better, that way you can use an higher gear in some corners and carry much more speed and dont lose momentum.

For any track its difficult to know when it is better to downshift or not, but once you find it you will see great gains :)

Goodluck!

week22.png

1'18,750
1'39,517
2'23,350
2'57,433
3'25,583
4'14,000
4'52,267

Last edited by a moderator:
My PC is still in a box so i cant do a few sector vid but if anyone have questions about the car or track i can try to help :)

What can help shave time is using the right gear, sometimes it is better keeping a gear instead of downshifting, like keeping 3rd instead of downshifting to 2nd to make it turn more, if it doesnt turn enought adjust brake bias or front downforce,

Be careful with brake bias, too high will make it lose the rear too quickly, might feel good around chicane but its too unpredictable in other section, you want free flowing turn-in as much as possible on that track you dont need strong brake. :)

Thats why high front downforce work better, that way you can use an higher gear in some corners and carry much more speed and dont lose momentum.

For any track its difficult to know when it is better to downshift or not, but once you find it you will see great gains :)

Goodluck!

Mike, what do you suggest for the uphill tight-exit corners of Ex-Mühle, Bergwerk, and EisKurve? Do you drop to 3rd for all 3?

Submitting with this and good luck everyone!

1'18.100
1'38.200
2'21.333
2'55.233
3'23.533
4'11.233
4'48.550

Shaved another 0.4 from the total time but the splits are close to what I have on the board.
There is so much track between T9 and the finish I'm expecting surprising results tomorrow.

Mike, what do you suggest for the uphill tight-exit corners of Ex-Mühle, Bergwerk, and EisKurve? Do you drop to 3rd for all 3?

Submitting with this and good luck everyone!

1'18.100
1'38.200
2'21.333
2'55.233
3'23.533
4'11.233
4'48.550

For exmuhle i keep 4th i also slightly touch left curb to help throwing the car in, just lift a litlle until apex and get in throttle 95% to prevent loss of grip then full throttle, should hit 146-148 kmh on exit at end of left curb.

Bergwerk i downshift to 3rd on trailbrake and on exit and i shift back ti 4th before it is completly exit from curve close on left.

Eiskurve did you mean eschback? If yes i keep 4th gear there for all that section. :)

Sorry i type from phone its not as easy to find the corners name

:)

Bergwerk I do the same, 4th gear is much better for traction and keeping stability in a lot of turns - it's too easy to think bergwerk is the same as the turn earlier in the lap which looks very similar but is sharper - it's not, you can floor it much earlier and just use 3rd for rotation/positioning. Helps the looooooong drag when you get it right.

Great splits all - nervous about results, desperate for a D1 podium for the first ever time!!!

Doubtful about last 6 sectors tho, think I'm too cautious.

For exmuhle i keep 4th i also slightly touch left curb to help throwing the car in, just lift a litlle until apex and get in throttle 95% to prevent loss of grip then full throttle, should hit 146-148 kmh on exit at end of left curb.

Bergwerk i downshift to 3rd on trailbrake and on exit and i shift back ti 4th before it is completly exit from curve close on left.

Eiskurve did you mean eschback? If yes i keep 4th gear there for all that section. :)

Same as me, just faster!!! Didn't get any laps in yesterday and won't be home from work before the submission deadline so that's it for me. Good luck :cheers:

EDIT: just ran through my 5 clean laps (!) and logged the individual split times and I can see that I left 1.7sec on the track :eek: One second of that was the run to the flag, so I expect to drop down the order in 12 hours time :indiff: Oh well, it was fun and I'll keep everything crossed for a podium

Last edited:
'Fetchy' is rejecting my 'Best lap' replay.. comes up with the following message..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Submission for week 22 is REJECTED!

You need to attach exactly one replay with your best lap.

Please make sure to attach a valid Gran Turismo replay, as described on the forums.

You can create a new conversation with the attached replay(s).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well as far as I know.. if you save the best lap replay.. then there is only 'One replay'..

EDIT:.. Found out what was happening.. Now 'accepted'

Last edited:
Thanks.. I'm terrible here. My gp section is okay and my times up to the roundabout #1.. after that is bad. Watch out for @mistersafeway and the skyline_catt1683. They're sneaky, but you need not worry about anything I'm submitting :D

I doubt I'll be submitting, I've seen much better splits (a couple of tenths ahead of Mike at sector 4) which I binned so I'm not happy with my current lap, and I walked into a door so my toe is throbbing occasionally. Today just isn't my day.

I doubt I'll be submitting, I've seen much better splits (a couple of tenths ahead of Mike at sector 4) which I binned so I'm not happy with my current lap, and I walked into a door so my toe is throbbing occasionally. Today just isn't my day.

Go ahead and submit. You still may get a negative handicap even if you feel like its not a good lap

Finally a lap I'm relatively happy about. I'm nearing my limits on this one, maybe another second or so in the first half of the lap. I've tried so hard to be ballsy for that final third! :scared: I've noticed myself becoming better and better at driving round the ring every time a do a lap of the track. I'll be doing one final bansai run in a while.

1'19.184
1'39.750
2'23.334
2'57.484
3'25.684
4'14.134
4'51.850

I decided radical changes to the downforce either way gives up too much in certain parts of the track. With a 175/450 front/rear downforce, these splits include a 3-second drop at the line, plenty of tire smoke, and a diamonding of the hairpin just before T2...

1'19.933
1'40.917
2'24.367
2'58.700
3'26.883
4'16.317
4'54.500

Like @ItsAllAboutWins said you should still submit :), i know i left about a full second in the last sectors,

you never know! :)

I give up. Today I'm losing 4.5 seconds before I even leave the GP section. I figured I could drop 6 at the line, but not today.

Back