GTP_WRS Week 23 : Official Results

The esses are weird. I cant wait to see how others took them on a multi-vid like you do Speedy. Also I really want to see Twissys turn 2 most definitly.:)

As soon as GTP_lapierre4 shares his replay and I get it from DDiamond I'll make the D1 3:1 vid gladly ;)
GTP_Twissy's and GTP_firstmivec are already recorded and waiting. :sly:

Congratulations to all who participate, division and podium winners :cheers:

Great times with so little diference, and Twissy you´re really are in (alien) fire week after week :crazy:

Special mention to Brinkely 👍 - no not for behing in my front by .005 but for a notable entry on D2 coming from D3, and for Jack with a great start also on D2 with a second place.

Had to give up this half on the week, but even so submited and guess my T3 was not that bad and finally, after several weeks, below my handicap:dopey:
(that ««»### handicap, so close to D2Gold and yet so far :grumpy:)

Many thanks to the WRS team 👍

Thanks for the vid Speedy, interesting to see. But why do you use mph?

Turn 2 I started out using 4th then short shifting to 5th 3/4's the way through the corner, I tried a lap leaving it in 5th and seemed to work but had to be alot more cautious on brakes, squeezing the brakes on and off with minimal force to stop the front end dipping, effectivley losing all balance. Just basically tried to positon the car so I got a stonking exit. I'm sure you'll see on the replay the tactic i used

Thanks Twissy sounds like I was a little backwards how I did my gear shifts.

DDiamond, thanks a bunch for reviewing my replay...yeah if you werent a hair fom wrecking you were doing something wrong in turn 2 and the last corner I think.:)

Speedy keep up the good work.👍

Usual Suspect I had a real unfair advantadge this TT doing so well in the seasonal TT at this track and already knowing how to drive the track crazy, just not this particular car, allowed me to go alot lower than if I was doing a track I hadnt done a previous TT at.

Last edited:
Thanks for the vid Speedy, interesting to see. But why do you use mph?

HAHA, yes. I forgot to turn it back to Km/hr.
Set it to Mph cause we were discussing the speed across the finish line, and everybody was talking in Mph.
The vid is done gladly ;)

Congratulations to all the podium winners and finishers! Amazing how close everyone was this week. I will submit my lap soon.

I drifted higher in turn 1 than I wanted to and that cost me some time. All laps after this one I could see the ghost in my mirror exiting turn one but I could never put together a good T2 after. Pretty happy with place and time, my goal was to break 1'05.000, and the first time I did my lap was 1'04.999! Still feel I left some time on the track but what can you do, happens every week I guess.

Attachments

• GTP_mcfizzleweek23.zip
    193.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
As soon as GTP_lapierre4 shares his replay and I get it from DDiamond I'll make the D1 3:1 vid gladly ;)
GTP_Twissy's and GTP_firstmivec are already recorded and waiting. :sly:

Don't know if you get an email RE: my Tube uploads, but Jack should be HD any moment.

EDIT: Completed.

Eish... Thought i'd be further up but anyway :(

I honestly have no clue how to upload the replay. I think someone will have to explain it very slowly to me :P But i can assure it was a clean lap, was trying to keep it clean too much which is probably why i am where i am

Eish... Thought i'd be further up but anyway :(

I honestly have no clue how to upload the replay. I think someone will have to explain it very slowly to me :P But i can assure it was a clean lap, was trying to keep it clean too much which is probably why i am where i am

PM'd you on how to.

Don't know if you get an email RE: my Tube uploads, but Jack should be HD any moment.

EDIT: Completed.

Downloaded it. Thanks, works great.
You can remove it from your channel if you want.

Downloaded it. Thanks, works great.
You can remove it from your channel if you want.

Great!

here's my replay. I love watching it. lmao... first time I really impressed myself really.. and I still didn't make top 10... friggn aliens!!!! lol.

:lol: I know the feeling. As soon as I think I might hang on for D4 podium, in comes "new" D4ers posting D2 and D3 times. :ouch:

Oh, Brink, congrats on your promotion. 👍

Visual specs/time correct: As usual, nice lap!

GTP_JBrinkley -
picture.php

I just want to say thanks to Dan and Speedy for doing a little extra work to do the videos this week.👍
Can't wait to see them!

A kick up the backside for yanaran and MadMax for snipering me at the last minute. 👍
Sorry 'bout that, but I was a bit late to the party and couldn't leave it at just one session without really beating up my handicap (my first posted split was a .862 lap)... ;) Second time now that madmax sneaks by me at the finish though!

I'm a little peeved that I left so much time in T3, it never occurred to me to hug the right side through the tunnel or to try the final turn without tapping the brake. On the other hand my submitted lap had my best T2 by far and I don't think I could've beaten it even if I had another whole day to work with. :)

Congrats to all the podium finishers and to Twissy who keeps running over all opposition. Looking forward to watching some replays later tonight to see what different lines people where using.

Visual specs/time correct:

GTP_lapierre4 -
picture.php

Never reviewed a lap where someone got so close to so many different rails and still turn in an excellent time! :cheers:

💡 Damn, could be that it is because of excellent driving.

I hope my old feeble eyes didn't deceive me. :lol:

@Speedy....I'll have it up soon!

Last edited:
GTP_Vagabond 👍

Thanks for viewing Chris, I konw where I lost my time in the last corner if you watch the replay of that, you'll see me turn to much from mid corner.

Where as I should have stayed wide on the cobbles, can make as much as 2 to 3 tenths with the run to the line.

But after my 3rd session I really couldn't bring myself to look for that time in one bend.

I enjoy WRS for what it is enjoyment, I like to spend more time racing online with other members in GTP_IDOR / GTP_Classics / TCR and Truffle-Shuffle races

Phillip.

Great job everyone! :cheers: Congrats to all who survived and met their targets.

Thanks for all the tips this week, especially Chris's T1 vid and Kevin's T2 description, both of these helped immensely with choosing a fast line. 👍 And for those of us who didn't see the similarities between turn 2 and the last turn, thanks for those tips about taking those.

With over 7hrs invested this week, and only 2 usable replays with timings in the D3 6th-position range, I was happy to submit what was most likely my cleanest/fastest lap, with PB's in T2(19.702) and T3(18.644). Too bad my T1 wasn't below 27. :dunce:

Thanks Kevin and WRS Admins for a great challenge this (and every) week! 👍👍

Replay coming later...

I just want to say thanks to Dan and Speedy for doing a little extra work to do the videos this week.👍
Can't wait to see them!

Thanks. Adding to the enjoyment of WRS is enjoyable as well. I'm sure Speedy feels the same. 👍

Can't wait to see them!
Thanks. Adding to the enjoyment of WRS is enjoyable as well. I'm sure Speedy feels the same. 👍

Yes I do Dan!!!
Making the D1 vid at the moment
I'll Edit it in this post when it's ready

EDIT:
Here's the first of many to come.
Many thanks to Dan to upload the NTSC replay from GTP_lapierre4 so fast 👍
Enjoy...
D1's 3:1 Podium Replay!!!!

Last edited:
NTSC replay below.
Had a couple close calls, had to pull out the data analyzer.
I believe it's all good though.

Attachments

• gtp_teecro_gtp_wrs_023_hks_hsr_time_attack_1'05.336.zip
    193.9 KB · Views: 8
well done to all this week :)

here's my replay didnt get much time on it as i hoped

Attachments

• PS3.zip
    194.6 KB · Views: 10
Here's my replay. First I've uploaded since week 2 or 3. Hopefully I've done it right.

Attachments

• PS3.zip
    193.3 KB · Views: 9
16--1'05.571---GTP_kitesurfer
gflagjn4.gif

Very smoky but also very clean 👍
Tyres and time correct

Visual specs/time correct:

GTP_orsche -
picture.php

A D3 Win!

GTP_teecro -
picture.php

Teecro, your "close" encounter, but no cigar. :lol:

-

Last edited:
Thanks Speedy and Dan! Wonderful learning in that video alone. 👍

I thought about getting all 4 tires up on the right cobbles/concrete prior to the last turn, but none of my experiments with it worked out. I now see I just didn't try hard enough.

Nice one LeftyWright69 👍
looks like orsche did a 'bad' T2 and pulled it all off again in T3
and Hydro did an outstanding T3 👍

Nice one LeftyWright69 👍
looks like orsche did a 'bad' T2 and pulled it all off again in T3
and Hydro did an outstanding T3 👍

... and JBrinkley sped off the charts and into D2... quite symbolic. :lol:

Good run guys... anxious to get back at this in a few weeks! Inspired by those promotions too to give some extra effort when I return. Congratz to all.

Back