GTP_WRS Week 23 : Skyline Fever

• Thread starter EDK
  • 207 comments
I was just curious what has changed in his game save now considering the last events confusion versus this event and what has been done to stop the issue maybe happening again? 👍

My intention was not to offend and I know Jordan is a fast racer no doubt there 👍 Just a weird situation that I never understood and wanted to know how and if he fixed whatever it was? just in case myself or someone I know runs into this issue in the future? Thanks for the reply Kev... Cheers! :cheers:
Thanks. I think the question is legitimate, in the sense that we don't want to go through that again.

Likely we should start by comparing notes on Start/Finish line speed. I really don't recall what I was hitting in my session yesterday. I do know that I was shifting from 3rd to 4th at about 112 MPH. And I only used second gear in turn 2 (The right hand turn before T1 Split). The car understeers in 3rd but you can carry more momentum, it's faster.

1200px-Suzuka_circuit_map--2005.svg.png

I adored the Miata here earlier, I may give this a try this week, time permitting.

@EDK fix that sig line bruddah 👍

Jerome

@Mr P I never had a game save bug ect any sort of bug back then or even now. As I proved it online at least 3 times. Ect. That's in the past.

This is what I fear if I come back to doing WRS time trials. It's why I have stepped away from it because I have proved to myself I have gone fast here and proved to go fast online consistently time and time again.

By the way since start finish line speed matters, I'm hitting around 95 mph to 96mph at the start finish line on average. 👍

Not the fastest racer by any means but certainly getting faster by the day. ;)

@Mr P I never had a game save bug ect any sort of bug back then or even now. As I proved it online at least 3 times. Ect. That's in the past.

This is what I fear if I come back to doing WRS time trials. It's why I have stepped away from it because I have proved to myself I have gone fast here and proved to go fast online consistently time and time again.

Not the fastest racer by any means but certainly getting faster by the day. ;)
Let's just compare SFL speed. If you have a crazy number that nobody is coming even close to, then there might be an issue.

We'll keep it that simple, we want you to be able to participate here.

Does that seem fair?

You've obviously posted yours, we'll let @suprajef mention his, and I can check mine as well.

EDK
Let's just compare SFL speed. If you have a crazy number that nobody is coming even close to, then there might be an issue.

We'll keep it that simple, we want you to be able to participate here.

Does that seem fair?
Yep. I'm hitting 95 to 96 mph on average. What's everyone else at?

Yep. I'm hitting 95 to 96 mph on average. What's everyone else at?
I'll have to look at mine tonight, but that seems in range. I was less concerned about SFL than using MPH as my shift point, so I just don't remember exactly what it was.

And that last corner is a bit of a PITA, so not sure how consistent I was. :lol:

EDIT: We probably need to look at terminal speed going into turn 1 braking as well. Guessing I was hitting in the low 120's, but again will have a look tonight.

@Mr P

Unfortunately when unexplained inconsistencies/situations happen between competitors there will always be questions when others don't understand exactly how and why?.. but you are doing the right thing taking part again as it was not of your own doing and it's good to see you back mate! :cool:

Lets hope it was just a freak occurrence and sorry I brought it all up again.. but I'm sure others had niggling questions also? Thanks for your reply Jordan 👍

GLA for this round :cheers:

EDK
Not sure that was a conclusion, it was speculation, as we did not believe he intentionally cheated.

He had start/finish line speed in the Supra at Blue Moon Bay which he was not able to replicate online or in subsequent attempts.

We've seen Jordan in plenty of online races and he had proven pace on GT6. I'll let him speak to his game save, but I'm not ready to suggest starting over on that is the only way to go.

There are either bugs or it's a problem with my T500rs, doing this weeks wrs wk 23 I've been going round and my Traction control comes on or the brake bias sets back to zero some laps both have changed.

So now when I save a replay I make sure my settings are at default save replay then check the lap for any errors, if I find a problem best to just bin it and do another lap.

Edit: Another thing I've noticed that I meant to ask other members with the T500 is, the brake indicator on the HUD (is it called) mine shows a very small amount of the white brake indicated, as if I'm driving with my foot resting on the pedal, does any of our members with the same wheel have the same, or is this just mine showing it's age just like me.

Last edited:
There are either bugs or it's a problem with my T500rs, doing this weeks wrs wk 23 I've been going round and my Traction control comes on or the brake bias sets back to zero some laps both have changed.

So now when I save a replay I make sure my settings are at default save replay then check the lap for any errors, if I find a problem best to just bin it and do another lap.
What I've found with TC and brake bias -

If you make the adjustments in the in event HUD (while driving), they do not save/stick.

If you make the changes in the car settings screen, they save. But that's only for the cars you own.

If you are running a sport mode race with a loaned car (not the manufacturers event, but the A daily race), you have to change the settings for each session you run.

EDK
What I've found with TC and brake bias -

If you make the adjustments in the in event HUD (while driving), they do not save/stick.

If you make the changes in the car settings screen, they save. But that's only for the cars you own.

If you are running a sport mode race with a loaned car (not the manufacturers event, but the A daily race), you have to change the settings for each session you run.
Thanks Kevin, I don't run any other events mate sport or the like hence my SR of C. never used a loaned car or any of them at the bottom of the screen :grumpy: just my garage cars. only ones I've used is in the experience mode / licences. I added an edit to my post above / below about my brake indicator, I hope someone comments on, see if it's time for a new wheel or not.

The wheel should be of great help this week, it's a tough one for the DS4.

Was really hard with the Miata, I remember that. :nervous:

EDK
I assume traction is not an issue with AWD?

I can say that even with the awd traction can still be an issue, at least it was last night. :lol:
I think the biggest advantage is the throttle control and more accurate steering, at least that is what I was thinking on my 10 laps last night.

This is why I’m here...

I almost did a sport mode race last night for the first time since joining the WRS, but then instead I ran this combo, I think it ended up being a wise choice. :lol:

@dranddad if you have the T3PA-Pro pedals the brake sometime gets sticky and does not fully release. Some WD40 and a good wiggle of the pedal normally cures this. :cheers:

Yes Mike had them pedals from day one when they first started selling this wheel could be it needs some TLC now after all these years.

Steering accuracy and throttle control are the problems for us DS4 users this week... at least for me anyways!

Just checked when re-checking week 22 replays and didn’t save my lap! :banghead:

So...

Will be back at the weekend!

First and last splits for me. Tomorrow morning I'm leaving for my vacation in California. I'm gonna submit this time to fetchy, wouldn't want to forfeit my Ironman Challenge entry :)

Good luck all, see you all at the end of next week's combo, should at least be able to turn in a laptime for that one too.

Yes Mike had them pedals from day one when they first started selling this wheel could be it needs some TLC now after all these years.

Try that Phillip, I have had the same issue with mine a couple of times although the tell tale for me was the ABS light was on permanently. When that happens in race I stick my toe under the pedal and lift it up. Only good if yours are inverted like mine.

Anyway, give them a clean and if that fails them it's new pedals you need not a new wheel:cheers:

@EDK and others..im hitting low 130 mph into turn 1. Does that sound about right to everyone? 131 to 133 mph area depending on how well I take the last corner and braking point.

Thanks @Mr P :cheers:

@EDK and others..im hitting low 130 mph into turn 1. Does that sound about right to everyone? 131 to 133 mph area depending on how well I take the last corner and braking point.

Thanks @Mr P :cheers:

In my head I'm just under Mach 1 but then I haven't actually turned a wheel on this one yet :lol:

Back