GTP_WRS Week 24 : Ferrari F430 @ Eiger Nordwand

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 176 comments
Took a bit more off with these splits .. 29.584 / 49.559

I have seen a few 29.4 / 49.4's .. so I'm on this for the rest of the night until I can claw all thats available for me into one lap :cheers:

I'm just so impressed that you can take such long breaks from the driving and just wade back into WRS with such stellar times, really magnificent mate 👍

All the best
Maz

Hey cheers bud! 👍

I've been playing GT since 2000 so I have it in my blood I guess and you never really lose it .. simple rust removal every so often :P .. new splits 29.460 / 49.419 yet I only made .003 at the line :dunce:

ah well! :cheers:

Hey cheers bud! 👍

I've been playing GT since 2000 so I have it in my blood I guess and you never really lose it .. simple rust removal every so often :P .. new splits 29.460 / 49.419 yet I only made .003 at the line :dunce:

ah well! :cheers:

I've been playing since 1997 I think and it's not helping me one jot this week :lol:

Also I've had a lot of laps like that, big improvement at T2, 50.1 (0.7 off your lap!!!) and gained squat at the line.

All the best
Maz

Been busy this week sorting my new job out, so not really had much of a crack at this weeks WRS thus far. Had a good hour or so on it this afternoon though and got the following results,

T1 - 30.324
T2 - 50.432

Bit of a scruffy lap, so time to be saved.

T1-29.478
T2-49.529

Much better last split than the last one.

I did a 29.382, 49.299 Only too loose it. :ouch:

[edit] Good laps Ron, looks like you have overtaken me. :P

Last edited:
I better have another go. There are some very impressive times being set and a lot of Div 1 drivers competing which is great to see.:D

Wow, I need to review my technique down the hill, I'm getting killed in the first sector! Nice times out there.

After an hour and a half session:

T1: 30.075
T2: 50.159

Much better at the line as well 👍

Haven't seen any sub 30 T1's or sub 50 T2's, but I was able to trim off a considerable chunk of time this evening, and I am well pleased with that.

Cheers to all the guys who are setting some incredible split times :cheers:

I am loving this combo Sjaak :)

Picked up another 0.3 at the line tonight, these are the splits.

Getting closer to my goal.

BOARD Updated.

Last edited:
Great laps Kevin and Carl, very well done and hugely impressive improvements from you both, reallllly making it difficult for me this week 👍

All the best
Maz

How are you guys over a second quicker than me in T1? I feel Turn 2 is massively important, am I trying to hit the gas too early?

How are you guys over a second quicker than me in T1? I feel Turn 2 is massively important, am I trying to hit the gas too early?

To be honest I'm finding turn 4 is more vital for me in terms of T1, when I feel a very good turn 4 (rare) is when my T1 is 29.9/30.0. For T2 remain as tight as possible for as long as possible and aim to keep wheelspin to a minimum. That's how I've tried to take it, and Stotty advised me that the grip appears to be mostly on the inside for that corner.

The one or two times I managed a 29 in T1 I noticed that my speedo was never constant in any of the corners. Either it was coming down from entry speed to minumum speed while braking/coasting to or through the apex, or it was on its way up from apex to exit speed. The times I've maintained a certain speed through acorner for a second or a few tenths, I have slower T1s.

But again, I'm probably the last person you should be listening to advice from :lol:

All the best
Maz

I'm thinking I may just submit with what I have too, don't really want to get back in this car at this particular track to keep trying.

Edit: Back away, not today, disco lady! I submitted with my current splits, near enough's good enough for me this week.👍

Last edited:

Submitted with the following splits.

:lol: You did not give us a chance to answer you.

The answer to your question was, yes. ;)

I know, I did go back and work on it for a bit. I can't say I've enjoyed driving any of the Ferrari's...

Had to work bloody hard for this one, but the turn after the tunnel could have been miles better. Cost me all the way up the hill.

T1: 30.015
T2: 50.076

All the best
Maz

Hopefully I will get another chance to run this one tonight, I can knock a good 3 tenths of by T2 alone, just got to keep it on the track this time.

Hopefully I will get another chance to run this one tonight, I can knock a good 3 tenths of by T2 alone, just got to keep it on the track this time.

I really think that the podium places are going to be decided by who actually manages to put their best 3 splits together. I think almost everyone here is seeing great splits all over and not transferring them all into the same lap. I've just done three 29.9s in a row, yet my new best lap is off a 30.159! But I like the splits I've posted so I'm going to stick with those for now :D

All the best
Maz

First go ..........I love this car:drool: :lol:

Should be able to drop this by about 0.3 .......would be :D if I get into the 49's

It's worth mentioning that Mr P's time hasn't been updated, he should be ahead of me now. 👍

This looks like a blistering fun combo, I'm in the middle of buying a home this month (and part of next month) so my time is limited but I am hoping to have a crack at this this weekend.

Jerome

It's worth mentioning that Mr P's time hasn't been updated, he should be ahead of me now. 👍

I missed that he had splits in that next post. So I fixed his, and updated the whole board while I was at it.

Thanks for the updating Kevin 👍 and congratulations to Marooned/Haitham both for his new G25 and his promotion to Division 4 👍 👍

Was Checking the board and found a fault with GTP_Sureshot's T1, fixed 👍

And thanks Steven again and again and again :P

Bored updated...

What sounded like a daunting combo is becoming quite enjoyable! First sector needs to be sharper...

No doubt I'll spend more time on this, but its nearing 70 degrees on the east coast, and that means motorcycle time!

Back