GTP_WRS Week 24 : Ferrari F430 @ Eiger Nordwand

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 176 comments
What ever I do, what ever I try, all I can get out of T1 is a 28.9xx. And never a T2 below 50.000. I've must have put in at least 4 hours since my last post and things are getting a bit frustrating. Is it Eiger or the MR engine or me or all of them? Probably a combination with me being the big losing factor. :ouch:

The participation this week has been brilliant, as Matt said on the first page, infuriating but addictive just like WRS should be.

What ever I do, what ever I try, all I can get out of T1 is a 28.9xx. And never a T2 below 50.000. I've must have put in at least 4 hours since my last post and things are getting a bit frustrating. Is it Eiger or the MR engine or me or all of them? Probably a combination with me being the big losing factor. :ouch:

Don't worry mate, I spent nearly 7 hours on this today, possible up to 30 hours this week with my new wheel and I'm just approaching your times and doing 29s regularly. I managed a 29.815 but T2 best is 50.057. What followed was not pretty :D Yesterday and the day before were a complete brick wall for me also.

All the best
Maz

Dan, I'm coming after you... destroyed a .190 T1 today.. :D ..;) ..👍 ..you time is surely a WR :cheers:

Well finaly beat my time by just a little bit, dont know how much more i can take ! maybe a few more goes lol.
T1:30.559
T2:51.191
.069 faster over the line omg.

Don't worry mate, I spent nearly 7 hours on this today, possible up to 30 hours this week with my new wheel and I'm just approaching your times and doing 29s regularly. I managed a 29.815 but T2 best is 50.057. What followed was not pretty :D Yesterday and the day before were a complete brick wall for me also.

All the best
Maz
Thanks Maz, I guess I needed that. Have you ever considered applying for a shrink position? 👍 :D

Marc

28.9 :scared:

I take it you mean, 29.8. :P

I gave this another go this morning and could get within a few 100th's of my best time, but couldnt improve it, so I'm submitting with my current splits.

Not been finding much time these last few days since my brother was hopsitalized. Got a decent session in tonight:

T1: 30.996
T2: 51.627

T1 is about 0.2 sec slower than my previous, T2 is about the same, but gained 0.3 at the line.

Still way behind the rest of Div3 though... I might just feel a de-motion coming :scared:

Still way behind the rest of Div3 though... I might just feel a de-motion coming :scared:

It's a tough one, just keep at it and you'll do fine.

Prologue is a lot different than GT4, keep your inputs gentle and you will be rewarded. 👍

EDK
keep your inputs gentle and you will be rewarded. 👍

So that's the problem, I don't execute "gentle inputs" very well at all!

Seriously, I feel like I'm driving this poor thing all wrong, but yet I'm helpless to change my driving style and do something about it. :scared::crazy::ouch:

So that's the problem, I don't execute "gentle inputs" very well at all!

Seriously, I feel like I'm driving this poor thing all wrong, but yet I'm helpless to change my driving style and do something about it. :scared::crazy::ouch:

You're still ahead of me, so you must be doing something right!

New save for me but not much gained at the line considering it took nearly 3 hours to beat my old save :( I'm pretty much banging my head against a brick wall now and the attempts where I find a faster pace up to T2 are always scuppered on the final section :banghead:
My final splits are 29.464 / 49.467, I'm gonna submit this now and be done with this frustrating yet very cool combo 👍

Good Luck to all in the results :cheers:

edit: time submitted to Vaxen :)

Last edited:
After 3 more sessions tonight, managed the following splits:

T1--29.834
T2--49.987

I was able to shave about .4 off my overall time from yesterday, but turns 3, 4 and 5 are still having me over. On my best lap save, I also made a mess of the final turn, and lost about .2 there as well, so there may be another .2 or .3 to be had, but I am getting close to my limit I think. Also, I was only able to get this time after turning FFB to 10. I tried FFB at 4 and 3 and then decided to try 10 and it seemed to help a little bit.

After 3 more sessions tonight, managed the following splits:

T1--29.834
T2--49.987

I was able to shave about .4 off my overall time from yesterday, but turns 3, 4 and 5 are still having me over. On my best lap save, I also made a mess of the final turn, and lost about .2 there as well, so there may be another .2 or .3 to be had, but I am getting close to my limit I think. Also, I was only able to get this time after turning FFB to 10. I tried FFB at 4 and 3 and then decided to try 10 and it seemed to help a little bit.

Incredible splits mate, very very impressive. I think you've got the edge on me this weekend bro 👍

All the best
Maz

Board updated. With so many posts and different Luxy updaterers a mistake is easily made, so please check the board if your splits are correct 👍

100postometer over the previous 24 WRS Prologue weeks.

5 days: 2 (weeks 11 @ London and 23 @ HSR)
6 days: 7
7 days: 5
8 days: 3
9 days: 5
never: 2 (weeks 5 @ HSR and 12 @ London)

EDIT updated up to post 147

Last edited:
No comment:sly: Great T2 split, mind me asking what was your T1? my best T1 was a .27x

That was T1... 29.190... still struggling with the rest of the lap :indiff:

I'll get back on this on Monday 👍

I spent over an hour on this combo...I don't know what is wrong with me lately, but I can't seem to keep up, the best I've done is a 50.1 T2 ONCE, I have only seen a 29.8 ONCE. I'll see what next week has in store instead, gl!

Jerome

new splits:

Happy with the time, but not with the lap, so will be going still for that little extra time off..

Jerome, it could be that you've spent only an hour on this combo.
I can't speak for everyone but I've read a lot of posts this week of people spending many hours on this combo.

As for me, I had 2 more sessions with no improvements so I'm done with this combo.
No podium this week for me.

Good luck to those still competing.

I'm posting from PS3 so forgive any errors!

T1: 29.908
T2: 49.984

I threw away a T1 of 29.617, could not believe it.

Big well done to Vaxen and Timo 👍

All the best
Maz

Back