GTP_WRS Week 25 : Official Results

There have been combos where it is allowed? I've never actually noticed. I've always assumed that it is never allowed and just keep it off all the time. You are right though, it does make it feel wrong somehow driving anything with it on.

None where it's forced on, only some where it's forced off. Week 26, for example. ;)

2---1'49.262---GTP_MilleRSVR
user118395pic1573412914.gif

Tires and time correct. A clean lap.

Your a good driver. Once you get the running 1 gear higher thru almost every corner thing going you will get way faster.๐Ÿ‘

Last edited:
2---1'44.092---GTP_Yanaran

Beautiful - nothing more...

1---1'46.203---GTP_poolhaas

Nice lap Kristoph. If I could provide some feedback, you could have probably got on the power a little sooner in a couple of places, although when you tried it at the second hairpin that back come out and probably lost you a tenth. Through sector 2 there was probably a bit too much curb jumping which meant you needed to wait for the car to settle before being able to commit to the next turn or the power. The last tunnel was nice although wider than me on entry although I don't think that cost any time. Maybe a bit tentative through the chicane. They're all just small things but quickly add up around here. Nice lap ๐Ÿ‘

Last edited:
1---1'47.751---GTP_DigitalBaka
rflagnv1.gif
(wheels off track)

Before the 2nd hairpin in T1 there is a rumble strip on the left of the road in the apex of the highspeed corner. You clearly have one front outside wheel on the concrete next to the rumble strip and more than a tire width Id estimate from the rumble. Your rear wheel under super hard scrutiny doesnt appear to be in contact with the rumble either and is completly on the concrete next to the rumble. Your two inside wheels are on the dirt/grass/gravel. You are without a doubt off the tarmac and outside of the red and white rumble strip with 3 wheels most definitly for sure. No question whatsoever.

These were the rules to the TT.

Tarmac and Red and White Rumbles are Track
Nothing Else is Track.
Concrete, Cobbles and other surfaces found outside of rumble strips are not part of the track.

I feel bad and I wasnt expecting to see anything wrong with your lap and was hoping to give you some friendly advice. Run 1 gear higher than you normally would thru most of the corners is the best I can give you really. It really is the secret to going alot lower in TT. Your have a good aggressive style. Ive seen some wicked fast guys drive like you do just do it one gear higher and you will be a force to be reckoned with soon enough.๐Ÿ‘

Last edited:
GTP_the_wilco

Time and tires match. No close calls, could tell without even changing camera :)
A little late on the brakes which can be expected if you didn't spend a lot of time. You made good use of the track though. ๐Ÿ‘

Thanks for checking, and for the kind advice. ๐Ÿ‘

1---1'47.751---GTP_DigitalBaka
rflagnv1.gif
(wheels off track)

Before the 2nd hairpin in T1 there is a rumble strip on the left of the road in the apex of the highspeed corner. You clearly have one front outside wheel on the concrete next to the rumble strip and more than a tire width Id estimate from the rumble. Your rear wheel under super hard scrutiny doesnt appear to be in contact with the rumble either and is completly on the concrete next to the rumble. Your two inside wheels are on the dirt/grass/gravel. You are without a doubt off the tarmac and outside of the red and white rumble strip with 3 wheels most definitly for sure. No question whatsoever.

Nothing Else is Track.
Concrete, Cobbles and other surfaces found outside of rumble strips are not part of the track.

I feel bad and I wasnt expecting to see anything wrong with your lap and was hoping to give you some friendly advice. Run 1 gear higher than you normally would thru most of the corners is the best I can give you really. It really is the secret to going alot lower in TT. Your have a good aggressive style. Ive seen some wicked fast guys drive like you do just do it one gear higher and you will be a force to be reckoned with soon enough.๐Ÿ‘
Downloaded to double check...

grandvalleyspeedwayl.jpg

Sorry, it's a shame to see these.:indiff:

If anyone's interested, my replay below.

Attachments

• BCUS98114-RPL008.zip
    282.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
2---1'49.262---GTP_MilleRSVR

Tires and time correct. A clean lap.

Your a good driver. Once you get the running 1 gear higher thru almost every corner thing going you will get way faster.๐Ÿ‘

Thanks for reviewing and the compliment on my driving. I did notice when I reviewed your replay that you were using a higher gear through the corners than I was. Wasn't sure if that was due to different gearing. I did give it a quick try, but couldn't get the car to turn enough in the higher gear. I'll have to work more on that.

Thanks for reviewing and the compliment on my driving. I did notice when I reviewed your replay that you were using a higher gear through the corners than I was. Wasn't sure if that was due to different gearing. I did give it a quick try, but couldn't get the car to turn enough in the higher gear. I'll have to work more on that.

It takes practice and its not easy at first to do. You really need to know a track real well like you know Grand Valley now and then just stop downshifting 1 gear less and figure out how the heck can I? Thats what I did this TT went from how you were driving to how I was driving.

Because I know thats what you have to do...run almost every corner you can 1 gear higher than you normally would. You might have to tweak on your tune to turn a little better as well.

MilleRSVR,
The flags are all in the bottom of the first post. If you right-click on the green and select "Copy image location", it will allow you to paste "http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/5458/user118395pic1573412914.gif" into the popup box for inserting an image.

In addtion to the things you checked, on weeks like this it's good to verify that you don't see a turbo meter in the bottom right of the screen. It would show up there if they had bought one and equipped it, but we weren't allowed this week.

Still not sure how to check for SRF, though. :dunce:

Thanks for the info, didn't think about copying and pasting the flag.:dunce:

I did a test with a turbo added to the car, found the boost gauge at the bottom right.

I'll get this down eventually.

It takes practice and its not easy at first to do. You really need to know a track real well like you know Grand Valley now and then just stop downshifting 1 gear less and figure out how the heck can I? Thats what I did this TT went from how you were driving to how I was driving.

Because I know thats what you have to do...run almost every corner you can 1 gear higher than you normally would. You might have to tweak on your tune to turn a little better as well.

Thanks for the tips, I can use all the help I can get. I think I have the technical stuff down ok, like driving line, braking points etc. But just can't seem to find that extra speed you fast guys have. Natural talent helps a lot too. Something I seem to lack or have lost in my later years. Guess I'll have to practice all the more.:)

Once you get the running 1 gear higher thru almost every corner thing going you will get way faster.๐Ÿ‘

I have to ask, did you compare their apex speeds to yours?

Since we allowed tuning this week, it's entirely possible that these drivers are in a different gear than you ran because their tune is different that yours.

With the wheel, we have the advantage of throttle control, and sometimes being in a lower gear allows you to pull out of a corner faster.

Now if you load their laps and yours in the logger, and they are going slower through every corner, that's an issue.

I like to see people giving tips and advice here, I just think a general statement of, "just take every corner 1 gear higher" might be too general and a bit misleading.

jack5428
1---1'47.751---GTP_DigitalBaka (wheels off track)

Nothing Else is Track.

Ack! Thought I was ok through there. Apparently I should have looked closer. :( Strange thing is I had been checking that on my other replays to see if I was doing that exact thing through that corner. Sorry about my flub.

Thanks for the advice all the same. I spend so much time on everything else I've never thought about using higher gears. We'll see what happens if I can add that in.

Disappointment for me this week but I'll use it as a learning experience and be sure to scrutinize my replays with a closer eye. :odd:

Last edited:
Ack! Thought I was ok through there. Apparently I should have looked closer. :( Strange thing is I had been checking that on my other replays to see if I was doing that exact thing through that corner. Sorry about my flub.

Thanks for the advice all the same. I spend so much time on everything else I've never thought about using higher gears. We'll see what happens if I can add that in.

Disappointment for me this week but I'll use it as a learning experience and be sure to scrutinize my replays with a closer eye. :odd:

I blew that corner and didnt keep two wheels on so many times that when I watched your replay in the normal driving floating speedometers mode I use to drive in...I just knew you didnt catch the rumble and I felt so bad for you.

I had to scrutinise it and red flag it, but it wasnt something I wanted to have to do thats for sure to you.

As EDK pointed out my advice may or may not be good advice to you and MilleRSVR. I dont know, I mean I have placed top ten twice in seasonal TTs and Im always in the hunt for top ten and usually place at least in top 20 and that advice made me so much faster.

I will say this as soon as you think somethings definitly fast and somethings definitly slow a guy will beat you doing exactly the opposite and make you question everything you know about driving fast.:)

1---1'46.203---GTP_poolhaas

Nice lap Kristoph. If I could provide some feedback, you could have probably got on the power a little sooner in a couple of places, although when you tried it at the second hairpin that back come out and probably lost you a tenth. Through sector 2 there was probably a bit too much curb jumping which meant you needed to wait for the car to settle before being able to commit to the next turn or the power. The last tunnel was nice although wider than me on entry although I don't think that cost any time. Maybe a bit tentative through the chicane. They're all just small things but quickly add up around here. Nice lap ๐Ÿ‘
Thanks for checking Carlos, I appreciate your feedback ๐Ÿ‘
I remember this lap where I almost spun out at the hairpin and still saw my previous time improved by 2 tenths. I saw the time turn green and started getting nervous and maybe took too much curb some places :lol:

jack5428
I blew that corner and didnt keep two wheels on so many times that when I watched your replay in the normal driving floating speedometers mode I use to drive in...I just knew you didnt catch the rumble and I felt so bad for you.

I had to scrutinise it and red flag it, but it wasnt something I wanted to have to do thats for sure to you.

As EDK pointed out my advice may or may not be good advice to you and MilleRSVR. I dont know, I mean I have placed top ten twice in seasonal TTs and Im always in the hunt for top ten and usually place at least in top 20 and that advice made me so much faster.

I will say this as soon as you think somethings definitly fast and somethings definitly slow a guy will beat you doing exactly the opposite and make you question everything you know about driving fast.:)

No need to feel bad. The rules are the rules because they are the rules. I play by them and if I break them, unintentionally our not, then the consequences are what they are. Everyone knows going in, I just flubbed it this time. No big deal, I'll learn and move on. ๐Ÿ‘

I'm sort of in a transition period at the moment. My standard up to this point has been DS3/AT. In the last few months (I think my first week doing this was 9?) I have gotten rid of TCS and now I am going back and forth with the DS3 and DFGT as well as trying to get used to MT, which is not as easy as it was in my head. :lol: I'm doing everything I can to get faster so whether your advice works for me our not I'll give it a try. A lot of the guys here have helped (mostly indirectly) and that is the thing I like best about the WRS; people always willing to share advice or tunes our whatever to help everyone else get faster, which you don't find everywhere.

Consider it an "improvement" scale while at the same time an "outstanding performances" scale.
The higher you are in handicapped results, the better you did than normal.

Thanks for your reply, but that's the part I do get :).
What I am unsure about is the "lingo". Specifically "Weight, Squeeze, and Scoot".
Just curious really.

I did a search for those words and "handicapping" and the top link was to GTPlanet! (wrs week 12 results - but it didn't answer my question)
Update - the top search result is now my previous post. ๐Ÿ‘

Well done to all. It's been a hectic week for me with all the riots. I'll have my replay up tomorrow for review.

No need to feel bad. The rules are the rules because they are the rules. I play by them and if I break them, unintentionally our not, then the consequences are what they are. Everyone knows going in, I just flubbed it this time. No big deal, I'll learn and move on. ๐Ÿ‘

I'm sort of in a transition period at the moment. My standard up to this point has been DS3/AT. In the last few months (I think my first week doing this was 9?) I have gotten rid of TCS and now I am going back and forth with the DS3 and DFGT as well as trying to get used to MT, which is not as easy as it was in my head. :lol: I'm doing everything I can to get faster so whether your advice works for me our not I'll give it a try. A lot of the guys here have helped (mostly indirectly) and that is the thing I like best about the WRS; people always willing to share advice or tunes our whatever to help everyone else get faster, which you don't find everywhere.
I was meaning to point out I could see you are a victim in the replay of AT, I think with just proper use of MT you could shave a full second, it's just something to get used to and takes time. I think a slightly longer third would've helped exits also. ๐Ÿ‘

My replay:

Attachments

• GT5 WRS Week 25 GTP_w-g-e Pal.zip
    282.4 KB · Views: 13
Thanks Joost
Great job! ๐Ÿ‘

EDIT:

3---1'44.310---GTP_w-g-e
Nice lap ๐Ÿ‘

Last edited:
I loved this combo, it's just a shame I didn't have the time to have a good go at it.

Ahh well, on to the rain at the ring! And I'm quite liking that combo too.

I'm PAL by the way. Once again well done all of you! ๐Ÿ‘

Attachments

• GT5 WRS Week 25 GTP_Lynx-Can Pal.zip
    287 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Division 1
5---1'44.593---GTP_CSL

I know your replay wasn't required, but I took a look anyway. Awesome! I think it helps me when I compare it to mine, which was over 2sec slower. ๐Ÿ‘

Division 3
4---1'46.602---GTP_Hydro

Nice lap, Hydro. Correct tires, time, and clean. You beat me by > 0.3, so I'll refrain from advice. :D

My NTSC replay, suffix 027.

Attachments

• GTP_Gravitron_WRS25.zip
    288.3 KB · Views: 9
7---1'46.935---GTP_Gravitron

Nice lap ๐Ÿ‘.

Thanks for checking mine.
And I welcome criticism / tips from anyone :).

I'm no pro myself, as I was sure you had a better T3 than me as I watched your replay, but we were ~.100 off in each sector. That's tight. :sly:

My biggest piece of advice is to watch a replay other than mine to see what fast really looks like :D

Thanks for the check, Hydro, nice battlin' with ya. ๐Ÿ‘

Nice to see you NOT throw in the towel on this week's rain challenge. :cheers:

Yeah, I looked at CSL's, and it was pretty inspiring.

I loved this combo, it's just a shame I didn't have the time to have a good go at it.
Ahh well, on to the rain at the ring! And I'm quite liking that combo too.
I'm PAL by the way. Once again well done all of you! ๐Ÿ‘

I'll be checking and rendering your replay this evening.
It's going to be 1 vid of all three Divisions

CSL - I know your replay wasn't required, but I took a look anyway. Awesome! I think it helps me when I compare it to mine, which was over 2sec slower. ๐Ÿ‘
That's why I put it up, I wish I had someone NTSC faster I could race the replay of, I know it helped me in GT5P when you could take any of the fastest 10 replays and race them.๐Ÿ‘

Back