GTP_WRS Week 26 : Mazda is as Mazda Does

• Thread starter EDK
  • 473 comments
@GTP_CargoRatt Funny you should say that about notes, just during this session I thought I may start taking notes. About the advice in these threads mostly.

I suddenly realized - I don't remember what's been said of this spot - fourth gear may not be a good idea in turn six, at the speed I'm approaching it, which got me a good improvement on its own. I also did a hair breadth dirty lap not long before this one, but thankfully it wasn't too fast. Still finding tenths here.

1'17.616

Listen to the wiser rat. He has done way more testing and tuning.

My experience was:
ABS0 = holy smokes!
ABS1 = yeah, that's much gooder
ABS5 or more = why am I not slowing down?

Just to further back up my claim, at least to myself anyways :lol:, I have started my ABS testing phase today and so far with ABS 10 (BB of 2/8) I have improved my time by approx. .325. That's proof enough for me anyways. And just to check for placebos :lol:, I will go back to ABS 1 and see how I do against my new ABS 10 ghost. Will post new splits when I'm done with todays session to avoid multiple posting.

Just to further back up my claim, at least to myself anyways :lol:, I have started my ABS testing phase today and so far with ABS 10 (BB of 2/8) I have improved my time by approx. .325. That's proof enough for me anyways. And just to check for placebos :lol:, I will go back to ABS 1 and see how I do against my new ABS 10 ghost. Will post new splits when I'm done with todays session to avoid multiple posting.
The only issue I have found with ABS 10 and the new physics is what someone mentioned earlier about understeer, which I have perceived as lockup.

I was trying to use it in the BRZ at Nurb, and kept running off in the brake zones when I braked slightly deep, it messes with my trail braking mojo with the new physics.

I'm fine with anyone who uses it and can make it work, it just does not work for me anymore, but based on the last 2 weeks' results, the new physics do seem to be agreeing with me.

I don't think 3 tenths is enough evidence on two minute lap unless you have five fastest laps all withing 1 tenth and this one just crushed them.
I think momentum and driving lines are more important for this combo.
I found ABS1 BB 3/5 ideal for me but I'll experiment more.
Still running mid 1'16s but I only did few laps.

EDK
The only issue I have found with ABS 10 and the new physics is what someone mentioned earlier about understeer, which I have perceived as lockup.

I was trying to use it in the BRZ at Nurb, and kept running off in the brake zones when I braked slightly deep, it messes with my trail braking mojo with the new physics.

I'm fine with anyone who uses it and can make it work, it just does not work for me anymore, but based on the last 2 weeks' results, the new physics do seem to be agreeing with me.

I understand what you are saying, it just must be my crazy driving style that makes it work for me. :crazy: :cheers:

@mr_lab_rat Again, I disagree. Ever since I put it on, I've done nothing but improve, and that's not to mention the much improved sectors that I keep throwing away that would further up that .325 number. The final proof for me will come when I switch back to ABS 1 and see how I compare. Different types of cheese for different rats I guess. :sly: :lol:

Last edited:
I found some speed by not taking any dirt at all through the corkscrew. Any else?

Lost time in S1 and S2, purple S3 and S4...

:27.823
:53.689
1:15.306

Going to submit just to make sure I'm within the regs.
Accepted!

Last edited:
Loving this little Mazda:

1:15.668

Beat my previous by nearly 0.5. Not sure how much more I can find, I have seen a mid .8 at T1 so another tenth would be nice...I nailed the finish in this lap though so we'll see if I can find much more 👍

1:15.233

Will it matter that the no. 3 brake marker on the last turn keeps falling down by itself?

Im guessing slight improvement in the corkscrew. Unfortunately, I need lots of improvement to catch up. Later, I'll try leaving it in 4th through 6 to see if I can improve there.

1'15.700

In your saved replay the falling marker(s) should be standing up.

Found 3 tenths up to T3, and kept it till the end, with an ugly oversteer moment on the run up to the cork.

1'15.283

Great tips being given by @millross and @mohitraina91 👍

Ugh, this is way more difficult than your splits made me believe :)
Ok, baby steps. I can get the 27.7 T1 now. Next target 53.x at T2.

Back