GTP_WRS Week 26 : Mazda is as Mazda Does

• Thread starter EDK
  • 473 comments
First quick session;

1'15.825

Huge mistake in t2, but quickest over the line so far.....

For the first right in T2, I use all the kerb on the left before turning in, lifting partially (staying in 3rd) and cutting the inside kerb as much as I can, aiming for 78-79mph at the apex. Sometimes cutting the kerb gives a little oversteer which can help your exit speed. For the following left, I brake briefly, gradually lifting off until 65-66mph, aiming for the inside kerb with the left front. I use lots of steering initially then straighten up as much as I can, since momentum is key for the uphill section.

Dunno if that helps, it's hard to explain my driving :lol:

As for the first sector:

Still using 5/5 brakes

Hmm, that's how I do sector 1, almost exactly, yet I am 2 tenths slower. How do you cross the line @ 87mph? I can do just 86 at the very best, often 85.5 i'd say. Perhaps that's where I need to change, probably a full tenth gone by the braking point just with that

V.Nice driving regardless, will try again tonight with different BB and see if I can match Mohit's great new splits.

For the first right in T2, I use all the kerb on the left before turning in, lifting partially (staying in 3rd) and cutting the inside kerb as much as I can, aiming for 78-79mph at the apex. Sometimes cutting the kerb gives a little oversteer which can help your exit speed. For the following left, I brake briefly, gradually lifting off until 65-66mph, aiming for the inside kerb with the left front. I use lots of steering initially then straighten up as much as I can, since momentum is key for the uphill section.

Dunno if that helps, it's hard to explain my driving :lol:

As for the first sector:

Still using 5/5 brakes

I'm doing it pretty much the same as you are doing here but what baffles me is how you are able to get back on the gas and full throttle so early, especially through turns 1 and 2. If I try getting on the gas as early as you do, I just end up spinning in that part. Nice bit of driving though and thanks again for the vid and advice. :cheers:

I'm 0.8 mph slower on the main straight at the SF line than in the video and I cannot understand why. 86/86.1 max :confused:

I'm 0.8 mph slower on the main straight at the SF line than in the video and I cannot understand why. 86/86.1 max :confused:
The first frame that I can see in the video shows him at 86 and that appears to be ahead of the actual SF line. I can't even see the line in the video.

The first frame that I can see in the video shows him at 86 and that appears to be ahead of the actual SF line. I can't even see the line in the video.

Maybe my eyesight is going...

Think I might be done, I can't squeeze anything more out of this little guy

1'15.133

Saw a 53.3 once.

@millross i've had a nap and can now actually spell your name :cheers:

There's to many mixed matched names. We have Mysterion which is MrP, Millross who is insatiable, cats_pjs who is eternal, mohit who is gooners_17, manumanu who is Mamba, killermiller who is akz or some contraption of the like. I spend half the time going to the Registry thread trying to remember who's who. My simple brain can't keep up with all this

There's still plenty of time on the track with this carbon grey Chump candidate (nice go-faster stripes came with the faux carbon fiber):

1'17.995

Took Kevin's advice regarding TC, turned it off, 0.7secs faster down the line. You sir, have some knowledge :bowdown:
New splits
1'16.098

@millross i've had a nap and can now actually spell your name :cheers:

There's to many mixed matched names. We have Mysterion which is MrP, Millross who is insatiable, cats_pjs who is eternal, mohit who is gooners_17, manumanu who is Mamba, killermiller who is akz or some contraption of the like. I spend half the time going to the Registry thread trying to remember who's who. My simple brain can't keep up with all this

Well, you are guilty as well but at least your GTP name is the same as PSN :)
The avatar change was enough to confuse me. Cute picture.
How about we all put our first name in our signature?

Well, you are guilty as well but at least your GTP name is the same as PSN :)
The avatar change was enough to confuse me. Cute picture.
How about we all put our first name in our signature?

Well, i changed mine from GTP_Wins to this. No confusion at all there :P
That's my little girl. My wife sent me some pictures of her making goofy faces at the phone and I thought it'd be a great avatar. She has a rash on her cheek because she's allergic to sunscreen, and her uncle put it on her.
I did the name thing for a bit, then ran out of space in my sig so I took it out.

Last edited:
Right
First sober splits.

Not a great lap at all, takes time to nail this circuit with a new car.

First 20 minutes or so....
1'16.133

Dropped a 1'15.8 in the penultimate corner on the previous lap. Lots of fun 👍

Tried 3/5 brakes and immediately felt much more consistent

1'14.650

Gained .13 at the line, looking for another .15 or so

Red-lapped a 53.0 and 1'14.4 because the game thought i cut corkscrew a bit much :indiff:

Back