GTP_WRS Week 26 : Mazda is as Mazda Does

• Thread starter EDK
  • 473 comments
It's essentially the reverse of sending your replay to Fetchy:
  1. Download the zip file.
  2. Unzip the contents to the \PS3\SAVEDATA folder on your thumb drive.
  3. Use the PS3 save data utility to copy the replay to your PS3.
  4. Use the "Load file" feature in the Gallery section of GT6 to import it into the game.

Having problems with this part. I do not see a "load file" feature anywhere.

@GTP_CargoRatt...you keep saying that, but this is not the norm...or close to it. Your S4 was quite a bit better than mine.

Gotta be honest, I feel like I won the World Series. May as well have been 1st overall. Complete with a loud yelp and arms raised in victory.

And my wife thinks I'm nuts.
Buy her a box of chocolates. It helps:P grats on a great effort.

@GTP_CargoRatt...you keep saying that, but this is not the norm...or close to it. Your S4 was quite a bit better than mine.

Gotta be honest, I feel like I won the World Series. May as well have been 1st overall. Complete with a loud yelp and arms raised in victory.

And my wife thinks I'm nuts.
Maybe you can talk Kevin into Laguna once a month ;).

I've got another stupid question. When watching a replay in replay camera view, what is that symbol (car with skid marks) indicate with the flashing red light above it. I'm talking over to the right, just to the right of the gear indicator and above the parking brake symbol. Would that indicate traction control has been enabled? Sorry for being stupid, but just never paid attention to those things before. :dunce:

what is that symbol (car with skid marks) indicate with the flashing red light above it. I'm talking over to the right, just to the right of the gear indicator and above the parking brake symbol. Would that indicate traction control has been enabled?
You are probably right on, because I've never seen it activate.
edit: they're all the same to me

I've got another stupid question. When watching a replay in replay camera view, what is that symbol (car with skid marks) indicate with the flashing red light above it. I'm talking over to the right, just to the right of the gear indicator and above the parking brake symbol. Would that indicate traction control has been enabled? Sorry for being stupid, but just never paid attention to those things before. :dunce:
You can see traction control use by looking at the throttle indicator. When a driver is under full load and not shifting, and some of the top end of the indicator turns red (rather than white, as normal), TC is kicking in.

Car with skid marks is I think ASM, which we do allow as an aid. Generally, that would slow you down. But I've occasionally seen some weird stuff there. Someone fast using it for this combo?

Besides having a fan going, I also have my PS3 sitting on a laptop cooler. Works real nice and even on the hottest of days, my PS3 stays pretty cool and I have had no problems with overheating, even playing for 10 plus hours like I sometimes do. Just a suggestion. :cheers:

Thanks, but the ps3 isn't the problem, its me overheating :lol:.. Rigging a cold shower above my head is seriously becoming a "sane" idea...:lol:

Congrats @crowhop , you'll be following me to Div2 :).. Was your lap with 0abs and racing brakes?

EDK
You can see traction control use by looking at the throttle indicator. When a driver is under full load and not shifting, and some of the top end of the indicator turns red (rather than white, as normal), TC is kicking in.

Car with skid marks is I think ASM, which we do allow as an aid. Generally, that would slow you down. But I've occasionally seen some weird stuff there. Someone fast using it for this combo?

Yes, @GTP_McsQ is. But the weird thing is, I just watched my replay again and its flashing on mine too and I didn't have it on. :odd:

Congrats @crowhop , you'll be following me to Div2 :).. Was your lap with 0abs and racing brakes?
I ran it that way for the first hour. Had to put the BB at 0/0 and still locked them up too much and/or had to stop well ahead of the normal braking zone. I knew what I was capable of at this track and wanted to best showcase that, so I went with ABS 1.

You?

Yes, @GTP_McsQ is. But the weird thing is, I just watched my replay again and its flashing on mine too and I didn't have it on. :odd:
Is it while you're in the dirt? TCS might be kicking in when in the dirt even if it is set to 0.

@GTP_CargoRatt nice time you have there. :P

Are you seeing the car and skid marks icon actually light up (should be yellow, I think), or just the red light above it? That red light is just the shift indicator when nearing redline.

I ran it that way for the first hour. Had to put the BB at 0/0 and still locked them up too much and/or had to stop well ahead of the normal braking zone. I knew what I was capable of at this track and wanted to best showcase that, so I went with ABS 1.

You?

Is it while you're in the dirt? TCS might be kicking in when in the dirt even if it is set to 0.

No, its flashing at random times, in corners and a few times even going straight.

@Gravitron The Red light above it. Shift indicator uh?.......I really feel stupid now. :dunce: :dopey: :embarrassed: :lol:

Thanks for the compliment, much appreciated. :cheers:

EDIT: I had to go and look to see what you were on about with the time statement and tongue sticking out. Guess it don't get much closer than that uh? :crazy: Don't worry, even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then. :lol: I'm sure it won't happen again, you're a way better driver than me, I just got lucky, it happens every now and then. :lol:

Last edited:

You?.

ABS1 , I can't run at D2+ pace with 0 .. I just don't have the skillz :)..

Racing brakes on street cars with low grip tyres and 0 abs is a nightmare combo, constant lock ups and lengthened braking zones sucking that time away.. :lol:..

ABS1 , I can't run at D2+ pace with 0 .. I just don't have the skillz :)..

Racing brakes on street cars with low grip tyres and 0 abs is a nightmare combo, constant lock ups and lengthened braking zones sucking that time away.. :lol:..
A balance of 2/5 almost worked for me. Then again, outside of the Ring, I don't have a D2 pace.

EDK
Great to see 6 of our new registrants with submissions on this combo. 👍

The 48 total submissions are the most we've seen since week 15, I guess you guys all liked the ChumpCar clone. :sly:
48? That could be a lot of replays to check. :nervous:

Considering I'm a chump (don't have enough money to make that a capital "C", unfortunately),....

My video will be posted to my Youtube channel in a bit, the link will be in my signature once I get around to doing it.

Back