GTP_WRS Week 27 : All Hail Hans Hugenholtz

• Thread starter PASM
  • 238 comments
1'42.492

Sorry for the delay in posting my splits. Been busy with my daughter who has been running in the County Fairs' figure 8 racing competition here so I've been kinda pressed for time this week.

**Proud father alert.

Lenawee County Fair Figure 8 Champion...my daughter, Ashley Nicole. Included in the photo is her husband/mechanic and my precious granddaughter. This whole event took place over the first 3 nights of the fair and ended last night with the championship. Each night included 6 heat races with the winner of each heat race going onto compete in the final race of the night. The first 3 winners of each of those races would go on to compete in last nights championship. She actually won her first heat race on 3 wheels because one of the back wheels broke clean off at the axel (My ex-wife actually got a good action shot of it happening which I'll post later) but she kept going like a woman possessed. :lol: I couldn't be more proud of her. Looks like all my driving tips really paid off. :lol: :mischievous:

Ashley3001_zps943db0ed.jpg

Last edited:
Put together a 666 ms improvement, thanks to some crazy trailbraking. Since I don't enjoy doing it at that sort of speed, virtual car or not.

1:44.800 [pb?]

I am having a hard time liking this car. It is like a lighter version of an Alfa 8C with a mid-engine. You get in it expecting something nimble, but it doesn't feel that way at all.

What shift points are you folks onto? Peak power is at 7500, but the gears are spread so wide it seems I'm faster letting it rev up to 7850...especially from 4th to 5th.

Also, @PASM stated he left it in 3rd through the esses, so I feel pretty slow, literally, for not doing that as well. Except I can't get the thing to turn through the corners that way. My best times come by dropping to 2nd and pedalling it to oversteer and then going right back to 3rd. Rinse, repeat for turns 4, 5, 6 and 7. I could use more slow in fast out, but I'm not finding the balance.

I've got a decent time set, but I know there's another second out there that I can find. Never mind the fact the leaders are up two seconds or more on me...already.

deadhorse.gif

I am having a hard time liking this car. It is like a lighter version of an Alfa 8C with a mid-engine. You get in it expecting something nimble, but it doesn't feel that way at all.

What shift points are you folks onto? Peak power is at 7500, but the gears are spread so wide it seems I'm faster letting it rev up to 7850...especially from 4th to 5th.

Also, @PASM stated he left it in 3rd through the esses, so I feel pretty slow, literally, for not doing that as well. Except I can't get the thing to turn through the corners that way. My best times come by dropping to 2nd and pedalling it to oversteer and then going right back to 3rd. Rinse, repeat for turns 4, 5, 6 and 7. I could use more slow in fast out, but I'm not finding the balance.

I've got a decent time set, but I know there's another second out there that I can find. Never mind the fact the leaders are up two seconds or more on me...already.

deadhorse.gif
I don't shift until it's about to top out, so I guess that's at max RPM(don't know these technical terms:lol:)? Also, I shift into second for the esses also.

1:43.877

I improved both my splits by one thousandth of a second, but my overall lap improved. Yep, first time that's happened.

My first attempt at the WRS. I should be able to improve these splits with some more track time.

0:57.348
1:43.898

Just before bedtime on last session and it went better then I thought even though I was tired.
So this can be beaten by my but for i'm this fast :lol:

1'43.816

I submitted a time. I'm about 7 seconds behind you guys. Don't really care, just trying to get this process over with so I can race. Grr. Two more weeks.

Edit: Submission was rejected for using the wrong tires and I just sold the car. Guess that's 3 more weeks.

I submitted a time. I'm about 7 seconds behind you guys. Don't really care, just trying to get this process over with so I can race. Grr. Two more weeks.

Edit: Submission was rejected for using the wrong tires and I just sold the car. Guess that's 3 more weeks.
You can start online racing with us right away (if that's what you meant), you don't have to wait until the 3 weeks are up.

Can you tell me what led you to the conclusion that you had to wait? Because I'd like to correct the wording in the posts, if possible.

See the Registration Instructions in this post.

That said, this Spyker @ Suzuka combo is not one I would recommend for first-time online racers, but if you can show car control and knowledge of the rules prior to the race then more power to ya! 👍

Better splits, but a terrible third sector, so only a small improvement at the finish line.

1'44.183

Back