GTP_WRS Week 28 : Americ4's Only True Sports Car

  • Thread starter Thread starter MadMax
  • 333 comments
  • 23,795 views
@Gravitron thanks Lucas. I realize now, i should have taken pictures from a little further away.
 
@ItsAllAboutWins Nice to se your new :sly: ride at the cape ring. Is that new colour you use Taiga Green BTW.
I start probably tomorrow at the ring. I think the lay-out of the circuit is cool but that jump is so unreal it would break every car after A few laps. 👎
 
@ItsAllAboutWins Nice to se your new :sly: ride at the cape ring. Is that new colour you use Taiga Green BTW.
I start probably tomorrow at the ring. I think the lay-out of the circuit is cool but that jump is so unreal it would break every car after A few laps. 👎

I'm not sure what the color is. I believe I got it off one of the Honda Fits or Opel cars. I'm thinking its called Metallic Emerald Green.
 
44.107
1:07.591

This is the first one of these time trials that I'm doing. Not off to a good start compared you most of your times, haha. But everyone has to start somewhere. I'll try again later with the wheel and see if it gets any better.
 
Well, if a 1982 Firebird is ever added, you know what to do. 👍
 
First Splits
44.350
1'08.250
 
44.107
1:07.591

This is the first one of these time trials that I'm doing. Not off to a good start compared you most of your times, haha. But everyone has to start somewhere. I'll try again later with the wheel and see if it gets any better.

Welcome aboard and good luck
 
I gave this 1 a proper go since I'm a big Corvette lover! And the fact that I just had an open lobby race night with my GT6 buddies on Saturday didn't hurt either :sly:

T1 0:42.108
T2 1:05.041

Had a close call with a line in sector 3. Kept 2 tires on and all, but hopefully that that isn't grounds for DQ since I'm still new to all of this :nervous:
 
Kept 2 tires on and all
That doesn't seem like it's going to be a problem. The thing to watch out for is in sector two, I'm not going to paraphrase it here though.
 
That doesn't seem like it's going to be a problem. The thing to watch out for is in sector two, I'm not going to paraphrase it here though.

What in T2 is there to watch out for? The only part of the track that's cheeky, is that little kink in t3 before the series of lefts. I'm pretty sure you can nab a little dirt with your outside tire without being flagged.

@puezalb you can always take a picture of the part in question and post it here. If you're for certain your tires are in contact with the tarmac or rumble strips 100% of the time, I wouldn't worry about it. Well, except when you're airborne.
 
42.895
1'05.745

A little single malt lubrication helped me get around the ring.

Single malt lubrication helps with almost anything my friend :p
20 year old Lagavulin for special occasions, Glenlivet as an everyday ride...
 
2 tires were deffinatly in contact with the tarmac the whole time inside the track boundry. Just slid a little wide is all. Ill try n post a picture here a little later this afternoon to make sure. Thanks for the replys guys. And good luck to everyone else who has yet to take part in this weeks time trial
 
42.843
1'05.910
 
20 year old Lagavulin for special occasions, Glenlivet as an everyday ride...

Indeed for me it's usually a Glenlivet when I'm buying, maybe a 15 year old Balvenie or an 18 year old Macallan if somebody else is picking up the tab.
 
Brakes on my g27 are messed up, keeps braking on the straight with no input, so I will have to address that problem.

Meanwhile

41.917
1:04.884

Found about .242 in the last sector. I still can find a few more in sector 1 and a little bit in 2
 
Brakes on my g27 are messed up, keeps braking on the straight with no input, so I will have to address that problem.

Meanwhile

41.917
1:04.884

Found about .242 in the last sector. I still can find a few more in sector 1 and a little bit in 2

you can try to use compressed air and shoot it near the gas and brake pedal Inside the case (no need to remove anything), that did the trick for me when i had that problem (several time) , and i only used a compressed air can you use for computer. :)
 
you can try to use compressed air and shoot it near the gas and brake pedal Inside the case (no need to remove anything), that did the trick for me when i had that problem (several time) , and i only used a compressed air can you use for computer. :)

Thanks, ill try that 👍
 
First splits, no TC, love the car and the track (layout I mean, scenery wise it's a little bland isn't it? Was the big mountain in the backdrop there in GT5?)
42.350
1'05.800
 
42.217
1'05.167

B/B 5/5
 
41.767
1'04.534

Brake bias 2/7
 
First splits after a short session to get a feel for the car:

42.900
1'06.883
 
42.366
1:05.483

Using 2/7 BB, thanks @mike_gt3
 
A few rough laps tonight. Sector 2 is really hard to be consistent.

42.290
1'05.556
 
41.767
1'04.534

Brake bias 2/7

Aliens :rolleyes:

:lol:

I knew you would show up. Nice times. I still win t1.. you win everywhere else.

Got any tips for t2?
 
Last edited:
BB 3/4 seems to help me more than higher numbers. Combo feels good! :cheers:

42.433
1:05.467
 
42.700
1:05.950

Getting fun!
 
Back