GTP_WRS Week 28 : Americ4's Only True Sports Car

  • Thread starter Thread starter MadMax
  • 333 comments
  • 23,890 views
forgot to post splits from yesterday:

42.700
1:05.834
 
41.767
1'04.534

Brake bias 2/7

Nice I almost got your t1 but I my brakes acted up in that loop so I had to restart. I was using 3/7 hopefully tomorrow I'll get a bit close to your time 👍
 
Aliens :rolleyes:

:lol:

I knew you would show up. Nice times. I still win t1.. you win everywhere else.

Got any tips for t2?

Thx Brandon! you have a nice t1!

For t2, theres 2 area of the loop that you want to be careful, the entry speed and the momentum on exit.

You dont want to enter the loop too fast, it will throw the car too far outside and you lose more than you gain, the tricky part is turning at the right moment and not touch the inside curb. then the momentum for the exit is essential,

the track grip change just before the end, it make it tricky to judge, i lift slightly before that area, but you have to turn at the right moment, just like the entry its very tempting to turn too soon and end too far on outside, you need to be patient and get the right line.

To resume, its slow down on entry, then full throttle keeping Inside a little, then as the car drift toward the outisde by picking up too much speed just lift slightly before the elevation change and wait for the right moment to turn more and get back full throttle.


Heres a video of a WRS event in GT5 on this track, it look slightly like that, but dont go too far on left before entry, the curb upset the car and its not necessary to go there (for the moment, only did one session..)










Nice I almost got your t1 but I my brakes acted up in that loop so I had to restart. I was using 3/7 hopefully tomorrow I'll get a bit close to your time 👍

Im sure you will get closer if not improve it! :) the brake issue can be really irritating and its hard to stay focused while drving! :)
 
@mike_gt3 thanks mike. My t1 was basically a luck sector.
I've already watched that video a few times, and Chris' but your t2 was faster that week, so i tried to imitate it. Didn't work well. I'll give it another shot this weekend after I watch that video a few more times and get more than 40 miles on the odometer.

Probably gonna switch back to KPH instead of MPH to hold a slightly more accurate speed
 
42.889
1.06.689

Had a scary moment on the hill right before entering the ring, I gave it a good check over and it's clean.
 
41.683
1'04.450

@ItsAllAboutWins its tricky to do with the wheel i cant imagine with a pad! its difficult to explain , more seat time will definatly help ! :)
 
Well, this is way more fun than I thought it would be.

41.970
1'04.737

Now, I just have to figure out t1, and hope t3 is decent. Last time we ran here I thought t3 was good but ended up losing a ton there.
 
crap i to set the grip reduction for off track
 
42.850
1:06.333

This isn't going to be good for me...
 
Slowly getting there.

42.467
1'05.517
 
Sorry about the double post. I thought I was done but when I checked the replay I found it dirty.

These are better anyway:

42.353
1'05.369

Back to the 1 second club with PB s1 and s2. Final sector is a bit weak though.
 
Last edited:
42.966
106.050
not my fastest splits but fastest at the end after first session

oops way better the very next lap out
42.584
1.05.750
Bildschirmfoto 2014-07-29 um 13.52.56.png

there seems to be a mistake - might that be because I uploaded new file before the old was in the list...?
 
Last edited:
42.966
106.050
not my fastest splits but fastest at the end after first session

oops way better the very next lap out
42.584
1.05.750View attachment 195103
there seems to be a mistake - might that be because I uploaded new file before the old was in the list...?

Try seperating the minutes from the seconds with a ' or a ,

You'll have to make a new post for it to register though.
 
so in right format:

42.584
1'05.750

oops
 
Just a question since I just joined the WRS. Since I am required to do 3 Time Trials, does this count as one?
 
Sure, it's only Tuesday so you'll have plenty of time to post competitive lap.
This week is very nice combo. Fun track and car that's easy to drive.
 
Sure, it's only Tuesday so you'll have plenty of time to post competitive lap.
This week is very nice combo. Fun track and car that's easy to drive.
It says only GTP registered members can join. My PSN has not GTP_ is that ok?
 
It says only GTP registered members can join. My PSN has not GTP_ is that ok?

That restriction no longer applies as of the start of GT6 WRS so you're fine
 
After a while of doing only appalling second sectors and subsequently, laps, managed to lag a few hundredths behind there and improve T3 by nearly a third.

Do coast ok?

43.350
1'06.684
 
Did a couple runs and got these so far, :)

T1: 41.900
T2: 1:41.533
 
New splits:

42.167
1:50.033


Had a 41.9xx in T1 but blew it in T2.
Did a couple runs and got these so far, :)

T1: 41.900
T2: 1:41.533


I must be missing something here , but your T2's are around 35-45 seconds off.

Make sure you're running on correct track , Cape Ring North.
 
I must be missing something here , but your T2's are around 35-45 seconds off.

Make sure you're running on correct track , Cape Ring North.
Yep, it was a typo:lol:

I'll get my correct split next time I'm on my PS3.
 
Opps,

T1: 41.900
T2 : 1:04.533

Thanks for the heads up :)
 
Correct splits:

42.167
1:05.033
 
T1: 41.767
T2: 1:04.400
 
Back