GTP_WRS Week 30 : AuT(u)M(n) Ring -- SUMBISSIONS NOW OPEN

• Thread starter EDK
  • 376 comments
I improved quite a bit, but for some reason my 2'nd split is horrible. I dont know why, because it felt really fast, and the time in the end suggest it aswell...

last corner was epic.

I have about 0.050 to improve still, but then I'm in the famous wall:lol:

Ah, you are the guy who popped up on my friends list :)
You don't need to wait for your handicap to start online races.

Since we are posting drifting pictures now here is one of mine:

View attachment 205061
Hi I will start racing when I get my div placement need to memorise the rules and practice I suppose the practice race rooms are posted on the race page? Thanks

Run over 150 laps in various sessions today only managed ~0.4 improvement at line

Active Yaw Control. Mitsubishi's torque distribution system meant to distribute power in a way that would make the car easier and more fun to drive. In general words, it is a setting that can completely counteract understeer, or make your car oversteer if you set the value too high. Very easy tuning tool since it has no drawbacks (in my experience).
According to Et ( we talked about this after the race) this is a Mitsubishi unique system that applies drive to the outside wheels only to counteract yaw.

According to Et ( we talked about this after the race) this is a Mitsubishi unique system that applies drive to the outside wheels only to counteract yaw.
What is "yaw" in this case? :P

And yes, I am aware that it applies only to the outside wheels. Thanks anyway.

I'm not 100% sure how to translate the word "yaw" in this regard, so bear with me:

It is a Mitsubishi unique system (patented), however, some manufacturers have in recent years developed similar systems (Audi RS5 etc.)
The AYC/ACD system uses a set of hydraulic or pneumatic clutches to distribute the power to the front and rear axels, and to the left and right wheels. As opposed to a regualar LSD and center differential, the AYC/ACD can distribute all the power freely, managed electronically by a set of wheel speed sensors, a steering wheel sensor, throttle sensor, and a G Sensor. A regular LSD can only distribute a maximum of 50% of the power to the outer wheel (by locking it completely) while the AYC can distribute ALL the power to one single wheel if nessesary.
The higher you set the AYC, the more agressive it will be in moving the power to the outer wheels, and when it does so, it forces the car to turn around its own axle (that's the "yaw"), thus eliminating understeer.

Example:
While braking in a straight line, the power is distributed mostly to both front wheels.
While braknig and turning, the power is distributed mostly to the inner front wheel.
While just turning and coasting, the power is distributed mostly to both inner wheels.
While accelerating and turning, the power is distributed mostly to the outer rear wheel.
While accelerating in a straigt line, the power is distributed mostly to both rear wheels.

Last edited:
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Submitted and accepted. Can't even sniff my best time today. This one has given me fits. Every time I started a new stint it was like I'd never driven the car before. It was a learning experience and like most learning experiences it was painful.

I had what I think is a pretty good 3rd sector so hopefully I'll stay in the middle of the pack.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Submitted and accepted. Can't even sniff my best time today. This one has given me fits. Every time I started a new stint it was like I'd never driven the car before. It was a learning experience and like most learning experiences it was painful.

I had what I think is a pretty good 3rd sector so hopefully I'll stay in the middle of the pack.
Lower the AYC for a few laps until you get used to it again, then increase it back to normal. That's what I did.

...Can't even sniff my best time today. This one has given me fits. Every time I started a new stint it was like I'd never driven the car before. It was a learning experience and like most learning experiences it was painful.

The last two times I started a new session I was immediately within 0.2 of my best lap and then I found it hard finding improvement but your experience is mostly what I feel each week. As for your last sector...after destroying me last week, I'm not confident my 0.18 lead is enough ;)

Disregard my splits. If I knew how to remove them from the leaderboard, I'd do it, but I don't.

Last edited:
just submitted my time , fetchy tells me it is invalid because the toe-rear setting is invalid .

Never touched anything else than the yaw setting though ?

suspension is on standard , toe front 0.00 and rear 0.60

Submitted a second time after re-zipping the file , but same reply from fetchy :confused:

Just bought a second mitsu evo (same car ) to check the settings , its all the same .

(could it be i hit the curbs with so much force that the toe-setting changed ? )

joking :irked:

I did fit 2 inch bigger rims ( custom wheels are allowed ) maybe thats what's upsetting fetchy ?

Last edited:
Back