GTP_WRS Week 30 : AuT(u)M(n) Ring -- SUMBISSIONS NOW OPEN

• Thread starter EDK
  • 376 comments
Geez this is gonna take some time to get used to driving this thing around this track. I'll post some splits the first time I surpass EDK's test splits.

Edit: I'm guessing counter steering about 20 times a lap is probably not the quickest way around.

Last edited:
Reactions: EDK
Its one of the thing I like the most about WRS: To be forced to use cars and tracks I would have otherwise completely neglect. Beyond giving us further understanding about the differences in driving styles, it allows us to make full use of the game...
I kinda like the track and car combo, good combo to slide around on and have fun!!

BB 5/5 AYC 34

Found a lot of time when keeping it in third gear after turn 1. Braked many times during the final turn, hope I can keep T2 from going a lot over 32 s.

T1: 14.901
T2: 32.118

The incessant blue-to-red pattern ground my gears so this was done without HUD.

T1: 14.887
T2: 32.221

Are we gonna race this cars just like other weekly events?
Most likely, yes.

We've normally used sprint format races for short track combos like this. We did test it online, and the tire splits work there also. Meaning, we should not need to change the compounds to make the combo work online.

OK, so this n00b needs some help from the experts pretty please :)

1. Would the attached picture be deemed clean, or dirty? Don't want to continue pushing harder if that isn't considered clean.
2. When I tried to submit my reply thus far, I keep getting the following error:
Errors:
TorqueRear setting is invalid
TractionControl setting is invalid
Week setting is invalid

The car is bone stock, apart from YD on 50 and Brake Balance as I like it. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?
I've definitely copied the correct heading into the Fetchbot header and attached the correct Ghost Lap.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!

Current splits for me:
T1 14.898
T2 32.348

Attachments

• Autumn Ring - Mini.jpg
    Autumn Ring - Mini.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 6
EDK
Most likely, yes.

We've normally used sprint format races for short track combos like this. We did test it online, and the tire splits work there also. Meaning, we should not need to change the compounds to make the combo work online.
Great it would be fun to see all slides :P

OK, so this n00b needs some help from the experts pretty please :)

1. Would the attached picture be deemed clean, or dirty? Don't want to continue pushing harder if that isn't considered clean.
2. When I tried to submit my reply thus far, I keep getting the following error:
Errors:
TorqueRear setting is invalid
TractionControl setting is invalid
Week setting is invalid

The car is bone stock, apart from YD on 50 and Brake Balance as I like it. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?
I've definitely copied the correct heading into the Fetchbot header and attached the correct Ghost Lap.

The pic is definitely clean. The tires on the left in the pic (drivers right) only need to be on the rumble strip for it to be clean. As long as any part of both tires is on or over rumble, you are good.

Submission - I am having issues with the leaderboard. I know there are issues with the replay I uploaded, and I need to upload a new one. But the board is not letting me do that, I have our expert looking into it.

Should be fixed in the next couple of days, and the deadline is still 7 days away.

Errors:
TorqueFront setting is invalid
AccelerationFront setting is invalid
BrakingFront setting is invalid
Week setting is invalid

This is what fetchy said was wrong with my submitted video. Am i supposed to buy the Fully Customizable LSD because the YAW Controller is adjustable?

Errors:
TorqueFront setting is invalid
AccelerationFront setting is invalid
BrakingFront setting is invalid
Week setting is invalid

This is what fetchy said was wrong with my submitted video. Am i supposed to buy the Fully Customizable LSD because the YAW Controller is adjustable?

EDK
The pic is definitely clean. The tires on the left in the pic (drivers right) only need to be on the rumble strip for it to be clean. As long as any part of both tires is on or over rumble, you are good.

Submission - I am having issues with the leaderboard. I know there are issues with the replay I uploaded, and I need to upload a new one. But the board is not letting me do that, I have our expert looking into it.

Should be fixed in the next couple of days, and the deadline is still 7 days away.
Submitting currently isn't working for this event. We're working on it.

Well i dont like submitting splits without my video being accepted by fetchy, but its a very clean lap, so here they are.
Back in the old days, we used to only allow 1 submission of the final lap time. So we all posted splits all week long, and then submitted at the end.

Common issues that can occur and will invalidate your time are the Grip Reduction on Track Edge Setting, as well as Skid Recovery Force and Active Steering, which can end up staying at the last setting used, from Seasonal Events, etc.

We'll get the board fixed, but it might be a couple of days.

EDK
Back in the old days, we used to only allow 1 submission of the final lap time. So we all posted splits all week long, and then submitted at the end.

Common issues that can occur and will invalidate your time are the Grip Reduction on Track Edge Setting, as well as Skid Recovery Force and Active Steering, which can end up staying at the last setting used, from Seasonal Events, etc.

We'll get the board fixed, but it might be a couple of days.

Ok Thanks. The reason i dont like doing it is because 2 weeks ago I ran a really good lap in the vettes and was so excited I posted my splits before i submitted my video. It got rejected because i didnt set the grip settings fro the outside of the track to "Real". I had to go back and edit my post. Lesson Learned!

Back