GTP_WRS Week 30 : TVR Duo @ Suzuka - East

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 121 comments
Hey Maz, guess it was a too-early-in-the-morning update :D

Cohiba already PM'd me on the foulup and it's sorted rightaway of course.

haha no problem Steven, and yes I know Cohiba scrutinises my progress very well :lol:

Really impressed with Nicko and Carl so far, I know you guys are D2 GOLD, but seriously, very well done guys 👍

All the best
Maz

I really don't know why people criticised the Tuscan when compared to the Tamora earlier, the Speed Six just flows so beautifully, I absolutely love driving both of these cars, but for me, the Tuscan looks, sounds and drives better.👍 First session:

Tamora
T1- 20.316
T2- 38.143

Tuscan
T1- 20.352
T2- 38.217

Both cars are within 5 thousandths of a second over the line, which just shows how well the Tuscan flows through that final awkward corner. Now I have a question, just after the inside kerb entering the final turns, there is a very thin grey strip which lookes like a cement outer edge or something to the bitumen. Is this considered track?

I was very hesitant to send the PM. I don't want you to think I'm stalking your every move.

I think I saw you across the street this morning...

Nah man, you absolutely did the right thing 👍

All the best
Maz

After 5-10 laps in each
Tamora -

Tuscan -

I hope everybody realizes that there's no need to post splits if you're done only 5 laps of a certain combo, imho. It just creates unnessecary work for those updating the leaderboard. Imagine all participators posting a new splits with every 5 new laps.. :ouch: And to me it does sounds a bit being above oneself.

Give it some effort and then post your splits.. it shows more respect against your competitors too. 👍 It's also known that you can't do well without making a good effort in the WRS, it has been seen many times. Just like qualifying in F1 (Kimi & Ferrari... doh! :dunce: )

I hope everybody realizes that there's no need to post splits if you're done only 5 laps of a certain combo, imho. It just creates unnessecary work for those updating the leaderboard. Imagine all participators posting a new splits with every 5 new laps.. :ouch: And to me it does sounds a bit being above oneself.

Give it some effort and then post your splits.. it shows more respect against your competitors too. 👍 It's also known that you can't do well without making a good effort in the WRS, it has been seen many times. Just like qualifying in F1 (Kimi & Ferrari... doh! :dunce: )

If you're referring to my post, I can assure you that first session involved more than 5 laps with each car, I'd hazzard a guess at 30 a piece. Not only that, but it's nice to see an indication of others' initial speed. If someone comes out and does 0.5sec faster than you straight up you know you've got work to do.

As you can see I wasn't Paulie.

I just meant highlighting the lap amounts just sometimes sounds like bragging. And now I don't mean you Tizzla. But anyway, no big deal.. just a thought that I've been thinking to post for a longer time.

I just meant highlighting the lap amounts just sometimes sounds like bragging. And now I don't mean you Tizzla. But anyway, no big deal.. just a thought that I've been thinking to post for a longer time.

No worries, but just quickly on the highlighting thing, I thought that's what were asked to do for Luxy updaters to spot new splits easier?

I meant the "after 1/2 laps I got" -part... :P

I'm just full of misinterpretations today.:lol: Don't worry, it was like that all day at work too, I'm just too tired today I guess.:dunce:

I know what youre saying mate but its not the fact that im not putting the effort in, its just the way i do it.

Like WRS 29, after finding a grid i was happy with i had a 1 hour session and that was it.

I can find my limits very quickly, and to be honest i wont go much faster than the splits i have posted. I hear of crazy numbers of laps that some of you guys do, but my attention span does not allow for me to do the same.

I was saying the amount of laps to show that i had done a quick session. not an obsessive 3 hour 200 lap session

After 30 minutes with each car managed

37.795 tuscan speed 6

37.839 tamora

not much left in both

I"ll be the first of the slowpokes to post a time:

Tamora:

Tuscan:

One more day and I pack it all up for Maine.

Purely focused on the Tamora in my second session and it paid off a bit. Despite a very shady T1, my personal best in T2 dragged it up higher than my previous best:

Tamora 20.417 / 38.236

Speed Six 20.199 / 38.145

All the best
Maz

I wonder if we should add another column to the leaderboard, something like, "Minutes Spent". :rolleyes:

Some are fast with little time spent, others are trying to improve and have to work harder for their times or to find their personal limit.

Most of the fast drivers have logged their hours, if not this week, then in previous years, previous weeks, previous games.

Myself, I don't normally report my first session splits, as I'm getting a feel for the combo and it's nowhere near representative of my abilities or what I will submit. Exception would be if I'm particularly comfortable with a car/track combo based on past experience, and can achieve a faster time with less effort.

Last week, I really enjoyed the combo. I probably spent 5 hours on it, but the last 3 hours gained me a total of about 1 second. (On a 3 lap, 5 minute combo). For me, it's about setting a goal and working as hard as I can to achieve it. And to continue to improve my skills, as the WRS has helped me to do over the last 2 years.

Time spent is only relevant if you are trying to let everyone know you have a lot of room for improvement. Otherwise, the only point in including it would be to brag about how quickly you can post a top time.

And that has no real place here. :yuck:

Last edited:
Great post Kevin, what I found to happen to me in GT4 was that I really didn't get much faster overall laps (hence I was always about 1.5 seconds back from Dan on the avg. track and .8 behind Mr. P) but what I found to be killer was my adaptation to any combo at any time. I got faster at getting faster, while hitting the same limit it seems. Sometimes I would have the occasional new burst in lap time. This only really pays off in live LAN events tho as I have gotten a few podiums in D1 and a few silvers, but no wins *cry*

Jerome

A 2nd go in the Tuscan...

Not a big fan of this car, though have been in the 37's, so just need a bit more time.

Some more laps for me also but in the ... Tamora - 20.198 / 37.990

Of the 2 cars ... I have the Speed 6 fractionally ahead at the line by a mighty .006 :eek: :P

Wicked splits from Dan as always and roughly the kind of splits I expected from yourself or Timo :cheers:
Great combo's will go back for more soon ;)

After several thousand laps this evening :dopey:

I have new splits for the Tuscan Speed Six:

20.293/38.314

Edit:
Shorter session in the Tamora also with some improvement:

20.459/38.320

Last edited:
First half hour session with the Tequila Vodka Redbull cars :cheers:

Tamora
T1 - 20.443
T2 - 38.501

Tuscan
T1 - 20.447
T2 - 38.331

Hi all,

Loving this combo. The Speed Six was a bit of a bugger at first, but after a few laps it started to come good.

First splits:

Speed Six:
T1 20:578
T2 38:943

Tamora:
T1 20:836
T2 39:059

Had another run tonight and just concentrated on the tamora as this was my weakest car.

New splits for the Tamora T1: 0.20.255 T2 0.38.092

Matt.

Well, back to reality for me.
Just spent a solid 2 hours off and on in the
Tuscan, with no improvement :banghead:

I've seen 20.15x T1's, but just can't improve
on my T2 which, for me, was apparently about
as good a run through the esses as I'm capable of
making right now :ill:

Didn't even get time to work on the Tamora :lol: :grumpy:

First splits to report:

Tamora:
T1 20.759
T2 38.785

Speed 6:
T1 20.690
T2 38.619

I started off with Tamora and had plenty of oversteering issues ,
then switched to Speed 6 and had alot more fun in it :lol:

MadMax

EDK
I wonder if we should add another column to the leaderboard, something like, "Minutes Spent".
LOL I don't know how to understand your post Kevin? You like it when people write about their time spent on a combo or not? :D

I"ll be the first of the slowpokes to post a time
Wait till I post mine Ron :lol:

No worries, but just quickly on the highlighting thing, I thought that's what were asked to do for Luxy updaters to spot new splits easier?
You are right, but I asked that last week when there was only one time (lap) to post and you guys mention it in a line of text rather than putting it on separate lines like you do in this round.
What I do like is if you post the splits for the cars in the same order, i.e. Tamora first and Tuscan second.

I hope everybody realizes that there's no need to post splits if you're done only 5 laps of a certain combo, imho. It just creates unnessecary work for those updating the leaderboard.
I don't mind updating someone's splits several times a day, but more than 2 sets for a day seems unneccesary to me.

Board updated EDIT updated up to post 67.

Last edited:
Back