GTP_WRS Week 32 : Round Trip from Daytona to Tokyo

• Thread starter EDK
  • 171 comments
After 15 laps:

1'01.753

Will submit replay once I see if it is any good, or will try for a better one.

@EDK, you've really outdone yourself with this combo. Absolutely fantastic.

1'00.480

Need to get through the hairpin better.
It really is an awesome combo. :bowdown:

Here's the first lap that felt fast to me without looking at the board first:

1'01.765

:D Then I looked at the board and holy crap there's so much more time out there! You early D1'ers are quick. 👍

So I explored some more, which involved some of this:

Special Stage Route 5.jpg Special Stage Route 5_1.jpg

...but found over 6 tenths in T1+T2, and then killed it in the final twisty bits. D'oh!

I'll be back to this one.

Finally a car with some grip. Strange that I'm saying that this week with an old Ferrari on hard tires. After two races with an AWD Evo and a Lotus race car, one would think that this would be the slippy one; but tire choices over the last couple weeks got a bit odd. Glad we are back to being normal. :D

Did an online TT with the Mazda RX-7 at this track and loved it, so will hopefully be able to put a good amount of time into this now I've more freed up.

Love the car, great balance with a slight understeer when you go over the limit.

First splits:

1:00.967

Had a pretty awesome first sector, but messed up the right-left downhill esse bend so had to back out of the throttle mid corner. Probably cost me around .4/5, hence the slow sector 2.

Last edited:
Re-posting new splits in a new post, seems the leader-board doesn't pick splits edited into a post?

1:00.287

Dodgy last sector though, was slightly wider than I'd like entering the chicane and got a little kick of oversteer in the final corner. So lost about .2 in sector 3.

130 km in with courtesycar. Didn't respect the walls but I am still very much figuring out *everything*.

Finally a car with some grip. Strange that I'm saying that this week with an old Ferrari on hard tires. After two races with an AWD Evo and a Lotus race car, one would think that this would be the slippy one; but tire choices over the last couple weeks got a bit odd. Glad we are back to being normal. :D

Odd tire choice? I think you mean cruel :D

Just set A new record with 20 laps driven and only one clean :embarrassed:
I love these :banghead:
The splits from this unique lap are:

Never been round here.
First 20 mins on ds3

Prob horrible but fun.

Using tcs 5 and auto to get used to track

Hit my goal for the night of getting below 1:01 at T2, but too bad the T3 was .25 off my best.

Also just missed making it into the 1sec club on the LB. :)

Back