GTP_WRS Week 32 : Round Trip from Daytona to Tokyo

  • Thread starter Thread starter EDK
  • 171 comments
  • 13,533 views
After 15 laps:

35.386
1'01.753

Will submit replay once I see if it is any good, or will try for a better one.
 
35.454
1'02.270
 
New splits, lots of time to be found but the walls are getting closer every lap :scared:
35.812
1'02.212
 
@EDK, you've really outdone yourself with this combo. Absolutely fantastic.

34.613
1'00.480

Need to get through the hairpin better.
 
@EDK, you've really outdone yourself with this combo. Absolutely fantastic.

34.613
1'00.480

Need to get through the hairpin better.
It really is an awesome combo. :bowdown:

Here's the first lap that felt fast to me without looking at the board first:

35.449
1'01.765

:D Then I looked at the board and holy crap there's so much more time out there! You early D1'ers are quick. 👍

So I explored some more, which involved some of this:

Special Stage Route 5.jpg Special Stage Route 5_1.jpg


...but found over 6 tenths in T1+T2, and then killed it in the final twisty bits. D'oh!

I'll be back to this one.
 
Finally a car with some grip. Strange that I'm saying that this week with an old Ferrari on hard tires. After two races with an AWD Evo and a Lotus race car, one would think that this would be the slippy one; but tire choices over the last couple weeks got a bit odd. Glad we are back to being normal. :D
 
Quick half hour sesh:

35.710
1:02.160

Cracking fun combo 👍
 
Did an online TT with the Mazda RX-7 at this track and loved it, so will hopefully be able to put a good amount of time into this now I've more freed up.

Love the car, great balance with a slight understeer when you go over the limit.

First splits:

34.600
1:00.967


Had a pretty awesome first sector, but messed up the right-left downhill esse bend so had to back out of the throttle mid corner. Probably cost me around .4/5, hence the slow sector 2.
 
Last edited:
Re-posting new splits in a new post, seems the leader-board doesn't pick splits edited into a post?



34.620
1:00.287

Dodgy last sector though, was slightly wider than I'd like entering the chicane and got a little kick of oversteer in the final corner. So lost about .2 in sector 3.
 
Re-posting new splits in a new post, seems the leader-board doesn't pick splits edited into a post?

Only if you edit quickly after posting. It does scheduled runs (every 5 minutes I believe).
 
130 km in with courtesycar. Didn't respect the walls but I am still very much figuring out *everything*.

36.283
63.217
 
After an hour of frustration, I finally got a good lap together:

35.533
1'02.583
 
You back on the wheel?

Yes, used DS3 only for week 29 and first day of week 30 :p. I would be a lot slower here with the DS3, me thinks...
 
34.967
1:01.183

It's way too easy to tap a wall and ruin a lap.
 
Finally a car with some grip. Strange that I'm saying that this week with an old Ferrari on hard tires. After two races with an AWD Evo and a Lotus race car, one would think that this would be the slippy one; but tire choices over the last couple weeks got a bit odd. Glad we are back to being normal. :D

Odd tire choice? I think you mean cruel :D
 
Just set A new record with 20 laps driven and only one clean :O
I love these :banghead:
The splits from this unique lap are:

36.150
63.434
 
I'm having lots of fun with this one.

34.928
1:00.844
 
Never been round here.
First 20 mins on ds3

38.200
1.06.817

Prob horrible but fun.

Using tcs 5 and auto to get used to track
 
36.582
1'03.848
 
this will teach you to relax........great combo @EDK

35.485
1'01.752
 
Hit my goal for the night of getting below 1:01 at T2, but too bad the T3 was .25 off my best.

Also just missed making it into the 1sec club on the LB. :)

34.767
60.983
 
Back