GTP_WRS Week 32 : Round Trip from Daytona to Tokyo

• Thread starter EDK
  • 171 comments
Someones gotta represent ds3 users.

I have no idea how you did that...

I've been playing with the steering sensitivity setting and it seems quicker to me at -2. I guess that means it reacts a little slower to my input so I end up not steering too much in to the corners..heh, what do I know.

1:03.482

I have no idea how you did that...

I've been playing with the steering sensitivity setting and it seems quicker to me at -2. I guess that means it reacts a little slower to my input so I end up not steering too much in to the corners..heh, what do I know.

1:03.482

Did what?

EDK
Pretty sure he means this. ;)

Wasn't sure if he was meaning a particular sector or just in general. Been a long day and can't fall asleep with work in 5 hours:/
This combo is fun, but its tricky to find the sweet spots.

Every time I read the thread title I think of that Iggy song that plays on the radio 400 times a night. Now I got dieseldave askin how I does that. :lol: I'm a riot :rolleyes:

Had a chance to try this between EU and NA races:

Reactions: EDK
NOTE!!! -- If this is your first time trial on this track...

It may not be obvious from the boundary rules in the OP, but most of the curbs around here are illegal to touch. The only ones you can touch are the ones you can drive up on - whether concrete or red-n-white.

For example, on the left side as you enter the awkward downhill right at the start of T2. You can get your wheels on top of them, so they're legal to touch with your tires.

If you touch one of the squared-off curbs with your tires, it counts as a wall touch, usually having a similar "thud".

There's also a nasty one that can ruin a lap and cause you to crash if you're too far left entering the dip down right before the T2 split. BEWARE!!!

---

Things I learned tonight:

a) get into 3rd gear early for the exit of the final turn. You don't want to be shifting from 2nd to 3rd after you've already floored it for the exit.
b) the T2 split popping up on the screen is an easy indicator for the brake-point for the final twisty bits before the final turn. You can almost straight-line that chicane.
c) turn-in early for the right just after the tunnel, and you can be almost full-throttle until the brake-point for the left turn following.
d) take a wider line around the hairpin. Take it too tightly and it's slower.

Got a freak slower T1 than my previous splits, most laps tonight were closer to my previous T1. T2 was a PB by a tenth due to d) above.
T3 was .3 faster than my previous PB due to a). :)

Me likey this one.

1'01.050

Last edited:
Submitted with my current lap. I'll try and beat it but my current lap is pretty much perfect (for me) barring the last corner. Just can't seem to get within .3 of it at the moment and when I do manage to get a good sector 1 I almost certainly mess up the hairpin. :ouch:

@millross we are the only 2 in the .6's and we both have .666 in the leaderboard.. #TeamDevilRacer #ExorcismAwaits

I wondered why I felt so evil the past few days...

I need to give this another go, but I've got a knackered back ... :(

Should start to get better soon - I'm not usually too crock-able!

Sorry to hear that Matt. Hope it gets better soon. Any kind of back pain sucks.

There's a strange thing about part of the track surrounding. The grandstands around the hairpin a couple of corners before the final sector (let's call this the Stadium section of the track); is it just me or is this whole area so dimly lit that there is no way in hell that I would want to sit there during a night race. Kinda creepy. But ya never know...

Imagine what kind of shenanigans goes on at this part of the track. Maybe they have a mini-rave behind there. :cool:

1:06.113

There's a strange thing about part of the track surrounding. The grandstands around the hairpin a couple of corners before the final sector (let's call this the Stadium section of the track); is it just me or is this whole area so dimly lit that there is no way in hell that I would want to sit there during a night race. Kinda creepy. But ya never know...

Imagine what kind of shenanigans goes on at this part of the track. Maybe they have a mini-rave behind there. :cool:

1:06.113
There's also the fact that a ton of buildings disappear when you're too far away from them. Would be an interesting place to visit.

But...........

You can DS3, right? :P

Today's session was the opposite of my first one. Today I had only 1 red lap so that's looking good now.
And the best of this is that my time also got better.

Reactions: EDK
Running a few laps while watching Terminator 2 :D

1'00.878

I think I can drop over a half second, IF I can string it all together. I've been .4 quicker in T1 and have been quicker in T3. This is about the best I've done in T2 but looks like I can tidy it up a bit more.

Last edited:
227 km session, more than 6 tenths had to go. Spent over an hour "practicing" before any improvement.

Latest Posts

Back