GTP_WRS Week 33 : Bombing the Infield

• Thread starter EDK
  • 104 comments
Any tips for the last corner?:bowdown: Always touch the wall on the right hand side when try to go a bit faster.
Try taking a later apex to keep the car from pushing out wide while allowing you to get on throttle sooner.

images_LateApexRacingLine.jpg

I'm still struggling with the first corner. :nervous:

Ha, I think we all are struggling with this one. All of the top half early runners are within a car length or so at the first split.

I’ve tried all of the different lines and my best time is with a good mid/to slightly late apex and getting on the throttle as early as possible and running it out wide to the wall on the exit. Who knows...

There is so much going on with this corner and that compounds things for me at least.

Think about it: high speed entry, brake hard right next to the wall, start turning in and looking for your apex while downshifting and managing that transition to the infield bump, getting on the throttle at some point, staying off the rumble strips on the apex, manage the throttle near the apex and the run out to not spin or understeer wide and scrub too much speed.

Manage all of this and you should be good!!!

I had a quick blast earlier & I too was struggling with the point where the oval meets the infield. It really destabilises the car :banghead:
Only did 5 laps so still loads to learn
Keys to keeping the car stable in my view are -

1. Effective trail braking, carry a small amount of brake through the transition, then release to bring it to the Apex curb.

2. Avoid awkward downshifts, downshift later and keep your last downshift until after the transition to keep from having the car too high in the RPMs while managing trail brake and transition.

I ran a few laps of this, above is mainly based on many laps in the Supra on Infield A.

So you are trail breaking a lot or letting off the throttle to make that turn?
Trail braking to just after transition from banked to flat track then letting it roll till I see a clear exit. Car will push wide but you got to trust your judgement and keep it floored after the Apex. You can scrub a little speed with a sharper steering angle if you need to.

EDK
Keys to keeping the car stable in my view are -

1. Effective trail braking, carry a small amount of brake through the transition, then release to bring it to the Apex curb.

2. Avoid awkward downshifts, downshift later and keep your last downshift until after the transition to keep from having the car too high in the RPMs while managing trail brake and transition.

I ran a few laps of this, above is mainly based on many laps in the Supra on Infield A.

Thanks mate :cheers:
I usually do trail brake quite a lot, but I was using my controller not my wheel which was probably why I was struggling on turn one

That is good to know as I am just about ready to go into reset mode vs. full lap mode. Thanks for posting...👍👍

Please don't follow that advice. There is enough evidence to say that ending your replay before completing a clean sector after completing your lap is likely to end up with an invalid replay.

The correct advice is complete at least one clean sector after completing your lap. I generally always do a completely clean cool down down lap

Please don't follow that advice. There is enough evidence to say that ending your replay before completing a clean sector after completing your lap is likely to end up with an invalid replay.

The correct advice is complete at least one clean sector after completing your lap. I generally always do a completely clean cool down down lap
I'm just going by what actually happened to with several replays. I know what the norm is for saving replays Mike! On my computer on this track that is what happened to me. Maybe yours is will respond differently. Just review you own replay after saving it. Pardon me for giving BAD advice!! :ouch: Good luck to all!!!!! :gtpflag:

I'm just going by what actually happened to with several replays. I know what the norm is for saving replays Mike! On my computer on this track that is what happened to me. Maybe yours is will respond differently. Just review you own replay after saving it. Pardon me for giving BAD advice!! :ouch: Good luck to all!!!!! :gtpflag:

Sorry to go against your note Gayle but I'm just really concerned that we'll end up with a bunch of incomplete replays if folks quit after crossing the finish line. The advice towards the end of your post above is spot on....make sure you checks your replay before submitting.

The lap is short enough that I believe a safer way would be just to do a complete lap after you've set your fast time. The lap must be absolutely clean and when i say clean I mean according to the game.

Didn't mean to cause offense :cheers:

Usually I do stop somewhere off track in sector1 before saving my best laps. Never had the issue that I couldn't confirm my time in the replay.
Maybe because I do always turn off all penalties and the wall collision/leave track stuff. Else you can get punished for not doing anything wrong. I do better check my laps on my own.

Usually I do stop somewhere off track in sector1 before saving my best laps. Never had the issue that I couldn't confirm my time in the replay.
Maybe because I do always turn off all penalties and the wall collision/leave track stuff. Else you can get punished for not doing anything wrong. I do better check my laps on my own.
I've always ran with penalties turned off too. WRS is more forgiving than PD sometimes.
I've never had a replay stop before the finish line either.
I've had the lap time fade right after instead of staying up a few seconds but always been able to read it

Back