GTP_WRS Week 33 : RUF Road Ahead - 4WD Required

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 322 comments
EDK
It feels faster, but like I said, try turning early and keeping it tight, and see what happens to your ghost. ;)

I'm not in the habit of giving line advice to guys who are much faster than me, but this track is a special circumstance. I logged about 40 total hours on the 2010 GTAcademy that used the Road 370Z on N3 and Tuned 370Z on R1. With those combos, the tight line was worth nearly a tenth.
did you stay tight on the inside for the last turn aswell?

et_
did you stay tight on the inside for the last turn aswell?
Yeah, that's what I'm referring to. You dip your wheels onto the concrete apex at the turn before, carry to the exit rumble. Then aim for the grass on the inside of the next (last) turn, keep it in as tight as you can (you will still carry out to those rumbles, but you will not cross them).

Just try it and report your findings. ;)

EDK
Yeah, that's what I'm referring to. You dip your wheels onto the concrete apex at the turn before, carry to the exit rumble. Then aim for the grass on the inside of the next (last) turn, keep it in as tight as you can (you will still carry out to those rumbles, but you will not cross them).

Just try it and report your findings. ;)
hmm... yeah ok, I'll try it out, but I still think this car is too fast for that type of driving...:)

Last edited:
et_
Is the oval part of the track at the exit of the final turn considered track or not?

This part:
View attachment 216521

Race Specifics:
  • The event MUST be run using your registered account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • Use of the Handbrake is Prohibited.
  • No Contact with walls or other objects. Any contact with walls, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ.
  • Tarmac and Rumbles are track (both Blue-n-white and Black-n-white)
  • The concrete surface found on the outside of the rumble strip and past white boundary lines in several turns is not Track.
  • See examples below. Those who use these runoff areas without keeping at least 2 wheels on tarmac or rumble strips will be DQ'd.
Well...Sure. The outside part is only part of the OvalCourse - but staying inside with 2 wheels is the natural given line, isn't it...? At least I don't manage to get a higher speed at the finish line for the next lap if I use that part ;)

I hope to know if that is legal as well. Otherwise, I'll have to post different splits to invalidate my current ones. I might have used a bit of the oval in that situation.

Hm, after seeing Daniel's splits I think I'm gonna try less camber.
Got few 24.6s in the first sector and finding time in other sectors too. I'll post splits when I break into 1'06s at T3.

I'm not sure I ran enough laps to conclude with enough statistical significance that my better time was due to less camber, and I'm still trying different settings. Maybe more experienced drivers will start sharing their settings soon.

Much to do here still. Too much Paleolithic signaling. I was surprised to see a half a second gain, especially the beginning I'm going to improve on.

I'm not sure I ran enough laps to conclude with enough statistical significance that my better time was due to less camber, and I'm still trying different settings. Maybe more experienced drivers will start sharing their settings soon.

I didn't have a real long session either but I settled on 1.0/0.8 camber.
I have seen bunch of 24.5s but I don't think it matters much. Exit onto the second sector straight and the chicane is where the time is made or lost.

Well the first try in this powerfull monster I went A lot of turns sideways and I don't know if that is the fastest way around but you can pull the car out of the slide by giving some or a lot of throttle. First session and 23 laps completed resulted in these splits:

First try. This is a heap of fun. Great splits Mathew!

1'05.759

RUF-ly
Height: 100/95
Camber: 0.0/0.0
Torque: 22/78
Brakes: 4/7

Yet another great combo. This is actually like having a couple of cars to go at this thing. Getting the feel for it. Using @Mr P set up. Thank you for posting it. Still playing with the differential however. Anywho.....

1'07.461

It just remembered that I was in Indy a couple of weeks ago and decided to stop by the raceway and play a round of golf and check out the track. The course has 4 or 5 holes within the race track itself....here is a picture of the back stretch bleachers...there was an Indy Car testing while I was there too...the smell of burning rubber and fuel was in the air. Pretty cool. So just at the beginning of the start on this combo there is a big hill to the left. That is actually a green.

Attachments

• IMG_2243.jpg
    IMG_2243.jpg
    501.2 KB · Views: 23
1'06.631

Using Mr P's setup, Mr Lab Rat's camber and a matte pink paint job with sunflower yellow wheels.

Higher camber seems to help in the final sector but I'm not sure if it's worth it now that we know that running wide onto the oval is legal. I'll do some more testing tonight. I'm surprised D1 guys are even considering anything over the stock 30:70. I expected all fast drivers to go for stronger rear bias.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting your set ups and tips everyone.

First splits using MR P's set up.

1'06.857

Great combo! I might be biased! :D First splits after I figured out how to thrash it mercilessly. :P

1'06.059

Lost about 0.2 vs my best through T3, but the T4 on this lap was a full 0.3 off. :yuck: But still my fastest yet.

GraviPorsche
100/92
0.0/0.4
BB 4/6

26:74
This tune is pretty easy to drive, nice and balanced.

Couldn't resist one more go, for 0.1 at the line:

1'06.000

I would love to get the 4 tenths I lost in the first two sectors back but the rest of the lap is ok.

1'06.607

Last edited:
Back