GTP_WRS Week 36 : Golf V GTI '05 @ Eiger Nordwand reverse

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 93 comments
OK, getting a little bit quicker but far more importantly more consistent. Just done my quickest 3 laps with a 1'19.683, like Chris, not my fastes one off lap but fastest combined time. Like Animera says, I start panicking on L3 if I've done a couple of decent ones first!

Not the most exciting car to drive, though it does behave in the normal FWD style, so it is fairly easy to get the line right.

1'18.366

Ran 3 reasonably consistent laps, with the fastest being the first, with a

1'17.337.

Its a tricky combo, one slight bit of oversteer and you loose alot of time, it's enjoyable though because the car is relatively easy to drive, so stringing 3 clean laps together isn't going to be a major hurdle;)

getting slowly quicker and more consistant. having problems to get a good line and braking points on the long left after the tunnel and the middle hairpin even after looking at a few replays. Had a quicker lap but overall time slower or on some practice runs.

1'18.499

1'17.337.

Its a tricky combo, one slight bit of oversteer and you loose alot of time, it's enjoyable though because the car is relatively easy to drive, so stringing 3 clean laps together isn't going to be a major hurdle;)

Great lap.

That should be Fastest overall on the online rankings.

My fastest is a second off. Lost atleast 3 tenths in d last 2 hairpins.

1'18.356

Last edited:
:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

1'17.337.

improved again with another series of consistent laps, with the first being the fastest with:

1'17.232

Deciding to submit my race time, I don't think I'll get a more consistent race than this one;)

improved again with another series of consistent laps, with the first being the fastest with:

1'17.232

Deciding to submit my race time, I don't think I'll get a more consistent race than this one;)

:eek:

That is really quick, I can see where I lost a few tenths here and there but 2 and a half seconds! I'm definately going to verify your replay, I think I could learn an awful lot from that 👍

:dunce:
Sorry Steven, I'll make sure I post my times properly next time, I realise this must take you lots of time if you have to read through all the posts to get the times out.

New best lap in 3 lap series.

1:18.074 1:17.907

Last edited:
Had another go and decided to do a few laps with the driving line on first to see where I was going wrong. It felt dirty but worked as I set a new overall fastest time, Fastest lap:

1'19.462

Last edited:
Struggled a bit but was able to string 3 laps all under 1'18.3XX-.4XX
I know i can go faster but i just lose a lot of time on the long left-hander
after the tunnel... I just cant seem to swing the car out for a better
approach on the apex.

Best lap - 1'18.354 - a .002 improvement lol xD

First run:

Best lap: 1'17.646

More in it, but so hard to string 3 laps together. Turn 1 and 2 is very tricky, so hard not to hit the outside wall. I will probably go and have a few more runs after lunch.👍

I don't really like the combo, but I hate FWD cars.:yuck:

After two more quick runs and after a talk with holl01 on msn(it incouraged me to go faster knowing his times), Here is my new fastest lap.👍

Fastest lap: 1'17.436

EDIT: This is odd. When I viewed my replay to get the times, the time that comes up in the middle of the screen is different to that of the top right corner.... I think the one that comes up in the middle is most accurate as it's the one that is in the rankings... So at the moment I think i'll go off what's coming up in the middle.👍 But very odd.:confused:

EDIT 2: Is that why this rule applies?
-6- Use your lap times from your right upper corner,best and last laptime.
If I went off that rule my best lap would be 1'17.434 which it clearly isn't because that didn't come up when I was driving or in the rankings.... I'm confused.:confused:

Last edited:
My Eiger gremlins are hitting again...

2 sessions (around 90 min total) later and I'm getting slower. Got a 1'18.737. It was a fluke. Just regaining my consistency now but am losing about 0.5s a lap every lap compared to what I was doing right back at the beginning.

My best 3-lap run is unchanged

I've always sucked around Eiger, though I've only had the game for about a month so the track is still new.

Looking forward to going back to somewhere more familiar (Suzuka or Fuji).

I'll give this 1 more try tomorrow, then submit.

EDIT: This is odd. When I viewed my replay to get the times, the time that comes up in the middle of the screen is different to that of the top right corner.... I think the one that comes up in the middle is most accurate as it's the one that is in the rankings... So at the moment I think i'll go off what's coming up in the middle.👍 But very odd.:confused:

EDIT 2: Is that why this rule applies?
-6- Use your lap times from your right upper corner,best and last laptime.
If I went off that rule my best lap would be 1'17.434 which it clearly isn't because that didn't come up when I was driving or in the rankings.... I'm confused.:confused:

No need for confusion ;)

We did this format also in week 07

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3246189&postcount=33

Back then we had no troubles and according my former post it was the right upper corner times which showed in the rankings.

Any way we better stick to the upper right corner times,also because those times are the longest viewable ,the middle time is only a second to see.

a little improvement from 3 lap string.

1'18.235

Still losing time on that wide sweeping left hander 👎
I think i can pick up at least 3 tenths from that corner :yuck:

slowly getting quicker and more consistant. Still time to be had.

1'18.351

EDIT

What can I say but what a car and what a track!! Some how started to nail some good laps. Got a new quicker set of three with a faster best lap. Have had quicker and even seen quicker splits than the quickest lap I've had. If I nail it perfect I might manage a sub 1'18 :nervous:

1'18.197

Last edited:
new best lap:
1:18.669
Managed to make three 18s in a row, but there is still a lot to improve

No need for confusion ;)

We did this format also in week 07

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3246189&postcount=33

Back then we had no troubles and according my former post it was the right upper corner times which showed in the rankings.

Any way we better stick to the upper right corner times,also because those times are the longest viewable ,the middle time is only a second to see.

Ok no worries.;) Thanks for clearing that up.👍:cheers:

Latest Posts

Back