GTP_WRS Week 38 : Evo X @ Suzuka, 30 Min TT

• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 132 comments
Are those your official splits? Read below.

We can post splits of practice laps, and possibly practice lap times

Wait for his response before posting full practice lap times, would be my advice.

Now let's not make this over-complicated, here's the rules:
Don't say when your registered time slot is - ever.
Don't say any information about your official lap time, splits or anything.
Replays are time-stamped, so make so you run in your registered time slot.
Your PM's are time-stamped, so make sure you send your submission within one hour after your registered time slot.
The deadline is Monday, July 27th, @ 11:59PM GMT

Hope that helps:tup: Now enjoy this fantastic new twist:)

Don't worry, I only posted my practice splits, as the instructions say :).

Don't worry, I only posted my practice splits, as the instructions say :).
Great:tup:

I've realized we must be able to post our practice lap full lap times, because we're allowed to practice online, in arcade with S2's:idea:

So, my first splits:
T1: 1:02.612
T2: 1:55.710
Lap: 2:23.065

I see Animera, Devie, Masi, Vaxen, & a few other GTP guys already in the top 50:tup: nice work guys, especially Devie, at #2!

Last edited by a moderator:
EDIT:
I'd just send him the PM saying what time and date in your own time zone, that way you don't screw up, along with what time zone your in, exactly.
Example: Division 2---GTP_TrievelA7X---22Jul09 6:00pm EST

Or, if you are sure, use GMT time to make it easier for Vaxen. EST for example, is -5 hours, -4 during daylight savings. negative means I have until 8pm friday to register my time during summer hours, and 7pm in winter hours, in accordance with DST.

Again, if you're not sure of the whole GMT thing, go here!http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/

Oh I know exactly what I'm doing and how I relate to GMT, I've just seen some people think that GMT itself moves with English Summer Time, which would have effectively made me GMT +9, instead of GMT +10 which is what I really am all of the time.;)

Some have already answered the questions that have come up in this thread, but I'm responding to provide "official" answers.
Small typo in your post #1, Dan:

the deadline is Monday 4 May 11:59 pm GMT
Oops! :embarrassed:
As expected, the real deadline is Monday 27 July 11:59 pm GMT.
Fixed!
Just wondering, how can you make sure that racerx did his "Lap" on his registered slot of 30 minutes? Also, (@Vaxen) just to get an idea, when are you ussually online?
The format is in place to make the most obvious ways of cheating (just running laps indiscriminately) fairly difficult. Even so, there are ways to cheat, so we have to depend on the honor system for participants to follow the rules as intended.
Aren't replays time stamped? When you load them up, it tells you the date and time the replay was done on the details, if Vaxen publishes the time slots with the results, it can be checked as part of the varification process.
Good idea. I'll make sure registered time is attached to the results.
Also, I don't think Vaxen needs to be online particularly, as long as he has a pm from you with a time slot and a pm of you results within an hour of the specified time it should be ok. It just means more work for Vaxen so be nice!
This is correct. I don't need to be online to process the timeslot registration. If you've sent me the PM, you are clear to run your official run, even if I haven't updated post #2.
When we PM about our time slot, should it be "true GMT" or "English Summer Time GMT"?
The time submitted should be true GMT, regardless of where in the world you happen to live. Check the link if you are in doubt about the time.
Nice idea, I spotted noon in the opening post, I presume it means midnight for Friday? As you stated 11:59PM.
Oops #2! :embarrassed:
I originally meant the deadline to be noon, but put the wrong time in the stated official deadline. The midnight deadline is official (and fixed in the initial post).

Theoretically, someone could end their 30min session with no clean laps. If that happens would they appear on the final leaderboard or not?

Anyway, I'll be doing this one for sure - love Suzuka!

Haven't decided on my 30min slot but I expect it'll be <removed by moderator>.

Last edited by a moderator:
Theoretically, someone could end their 30min session with no clean laps. If that happens would they appear on the final leaderboard or not?

If this happens, then no time should be submitted. Suzuka was chosen in part because it is more difficult to run a "dirty lap" there (though it is possible). Just to be on the safe side, stop your run after a quick and clean lap, and save the best replay. 👍

Funny week for Luxy - 36 posts and counting and still only 2 sets of splits posted :lol: should be ready to publish some board by tomorrow if the 3rd one has come in 👍

This looks fun, pressure is definetely going to be on in the official 30 mins.:scared: This round is also a good oppurtunity to sneak up the results for people who are good at getting a good time fast.👍

Going to have my first practice run shortly.👍

Is it just me or this car moves from side to side in a straight line? Is this what they call a 'deadzone'? cuz i think its my wheel..

Is it just me or this car moves from side to side in a straight line? Is this what they call a 'deadzone'? cuz i think its my wheel..

It does move from side to side yes, I still haven't driven it in this combo but I remember it doing it when I drove it at fuji once. Weird isn't it.

Its the car, and as mad94d said, when we drove the GT tuned version at Fuji in week 22 it did the same thing so it seems to be a Lancer thing although i haven't driving the IX(9) yet that i can remember

Got down to a estimated
T1: 1:22.299
T2: 1:56.999

Not completely sure of the splits, but the lap should be #64 online I think

Last edited:
Board initialised EDIT updated up to post 50.

Got down to a estimated
T1: 1:22.299
T2: 1:56.999
Lap: x:xx.xxx

Not completely sure of the splits, but the lap should be #64 online I think
Still unsure if we're supposed to post laptimes here?

Trievel, can you make those estimated splits verified please? So far you have the fastest T1 but the slowest T2 :lol: thanks 👍

EDIT I'm trying to make a link to the translated online rankings that D4T provided, but it doesn't seem to work. Anyone knows where it is?

Last edited:
OK, I've figured out my time slot now, I'll just PM my booking at the track, then get into some practice tomorrow night after my doctor's appointment.:D

Best splits and lap time in practice so far, I probably won't practice much more:

T1: 1'01.412
T2: 1'52.881

Again insanely close to Dan's lap time, 0.003.:grumpy: The question is for me, can I repeat this lap in a 30 minute run when the pressure's on....

Looking forward to trying this, I like the idea of having to produce a lap under pressure rather than spending all week trying at my leisure. Time for a bit of a practise I think.

Also, Masi, not having a go or anything but watch your use of english in your posts, the AUP says slang like cuz and d instead of the are not acceptable and I'm sure you don't want to pick up an infraction 👍

Sorry for not reading the instructions and talking about the time slot. Won't happen again.

Practice splits -

1'02.138
1'54.322

and then made a total hash of Casio Triangle, but it stayed on track so it's clean!

If I could replicate the above splits in my official time slot without screwing sector 3 I'd be delighted.

The car isn't particularly fun to drive but it poses it's own challenges and I really enjoy Suzuka, so it's a fun combo.

Last edited:
I know we can all see each others lap times so why not post them? I already watched a couple of these guys laps, cause its in front of our faces

I know we can all see each others lap times so why not post them? I already watched a couple of these guys laps, cause its in front of our faces

There's been a fair bit of confusion about this, especially since keeping lap times private has been a time honored tradition in the WRS, and my instructions on this matter have been less than clear.

Official stance on this is that practice lap times and splits may be discussed in this thread. Official lap times and splits may not be discussed in this thread.

The first post has been amended to clearly state this. Note that participants should also refrain from making any statements that express or imply that their official time can be found on the Sony board, as this goes against the spirit of the rule.

As I understand it, the reason for the secrecy is to avoid the situation where there is a magic laptime target that racers have to shoot for when running their laps, rewarding racers who can run an arbitrary number of laps (or run laps as close as possible to the deadline) in order to just beat out other racers. The other problem is with racers who do not share the results of their runs over the week, but then come in at the end with a top time. The format for this week's WRS is an attempt to maintain the spirit of the WRS (do your best in the time provided) without the drawbacks of a purely public open-ended event. It also has the advantage of allowing our series to leave it's mark on the online charts for all to see.

As this is something of an experiment, I welcome feedback from participants as to whether this format is an attractive one. If so, we'll probably see more events of this type in the future.

First go then:

T1 - 1'03.595
T2 - 1'57.355

Total - 2'25.436

Love the idea behind having one 30 min slot to produce a time, rewards consitency and handling pressure 👍

There's been a fair bit of confusion about this, especially since keeping lap times private has been a time honored tradition in the WRS, and my instructions on this matter have been less than clear.

Official stance on this is that practice lap times and splits may be discussed in this thread. Official lap times and splits may not be discussed in this thread.

The first post has been amended to clearly state this. Note that participants should also refrain from making any statements that express or imply that their official time can be found on the Sony board, as this goes against the spirit of the rule.

As I understand it, the reason for the secrecy is to avoid the situation where there is a magic laptime target that racers have to shoot for when running their laps, rewarding racers who can run an arbitrary number of laps (or run laps as close as possible to the deadline) in order to just beat out other racers. The other problem is with racers who do not share the results of their runs over the week, but then come in at the end with a top time. The format for this week's WRS is an attempt to maintain the spirit of the WRS (do your best in the time provided) without the drawbacks of a purely public open-ended event. It also has the advantage of allowing our series to leave it's mark on the online charts for all to see.

As this is something of an experiment, I welcome feedback from participants as to whether this format is an attractive one. If so, we'll probably see more events of this type in the future.
Right. This means that the link in Luxy to the Sony board should be deleted (done) and that members are encouraged to post their practice laptimes. Those laptimes will be included in Luxy.

To Maddie, Ian, Chris, Neil, Legend, and Trievel: please add you laptimes to your split times so I can update the board. Thanks 👍

Also thanks to Dan for clearing up this matter :bowdown:

I love the idea of the 30 minute TT, but this was way too confusing. I have it all down now, but I like the classic WRS better, I have enough stresses every week. I think this format might work better when GT5 comes out.
All that aside, I am still going to try to submit a time this week.

OK I added T3 to Luxy as the laptime of your fastest practice lap.
Those who did post splits but not yet their laptime are indicated as 1'49.999 so please post your practice laptimes so I can make Luxy as accurate as possible 👍

EDIT updated up to post 63.

Last edited:
I'm taking a screenshot of Luxy as I'm above Mad at the moment (even is it is only because he hasn't posted his final time :D )

Back