GTP_WRS Week 38 : Evo X @ Suzuka, 30 Min TT

• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 132 comments
Submitted with the following splits:

T1: X'XX.XXX
T3: X'XX.XXX

Really sloppy lap :indiff: , but the final time was not bad.
Managed it just in the nick of time too, 28 minutes into my run :crazy:

you might want to remove this:

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods):

official registered time slot
official lap time
official lap splits

:nervous:
Any information which can be used to infer official lap time or timeslot

LUXY

Modest turnup this week but that's probably the holiday season, can't be the combo because that's great 👍

Some first practice laps, very shaky through the esses! I need to smooth them out, badly!

T1: 1'03.315
T2: 1'55.974
F: 2'23.791

Slight improvement, again I lost about 0.2sec at Degner 2, and a further 0.1sec at least at Spoon 2.:dunce:

T1- 1'01.810
T2- 1'53.617
Lap- 2'20.673

I also did this in a 30min simulation practice, i.e. I only played the PS3 for 30mins, no earlier practice today.

Have done my official slot now. Enjoyed the format but I don't think this 30min idea should take over for all weeks. Perhaps every month or so.

Content with my lap. Can't reveal more!

May do some more laps for LUXY at the weekend for fun as it's such a great combo, but I may not have time.

After being knocked out of GTP Race Event 03, its nice to be back competing in WRS after a few weeks away. I settled in nicely and after a nice practice session, here are my sector times and final lap time. 👍

T1: 1.01.648
T2: 1.53.241
LT: 2.20.356

Oh dear, at the bottom again! Where are all the D4 drivers? It's only Lagas and he's putting me to shame!

First practice results to report:

T1 1'02.699
T2 1'55.045
Lap 2'22.347

MadMax

Great lap fuzzy! Nice sector 2. I think im definitely losing time on the hairpin. I turn a little wide and brake late so i could have a late apex but it seems to be not working. Might have to change my line.

mew fastest lap
2'22.857

Hank, you should inlcude all sector times (T1,T2, and T3) so your lap can be included on the luxy board.

Improved a bit. Slow sector 1, made up time at spoon. Still cant nail that last chicane properly. This is probably my last practice session.

T1 - 1'01.727
T2 - 1'53.343
T3 - 2'20.401

Last edited:
After being knocked out of GTP Race Event 03, its nice to be back competing in WRS after a few weeks away. I settled in nicely and after a nice practice session, here are my sector times and final lap time. 👍

T1: 1.01.648
T2: 1.53.241
LT: 2.20.356

Great lap fuzzy! Nice sector 2. I think im definitely losing time on the hairpin. I turn a little wide and brake late so i could have a late apex but it seems to be not working. Might have to change my line.

Agreed, nice lap Fuzzy.:) He managed to do at T1 what I keep doing before throwing the lap away.:ouch: His T2 is very nice.:)

Suzuka is a very technical track indeed. It demands finese unlike any other circuit. If i can combine my best sector times, i can probably pick up 2 tenths and thats probably my ceiling. These D1 guys are quick.

When I start the game up, a screen comes up and says Time and Date are not set correctly. I never worry about this., and just continue. Does this affect the T&D on the replay? Where are the settings for T&D, if I need to change them for this weeks WRS?

I think it does. Best bet is to go to settings - date and time settings - date and time, then press x and select set via internet. Your PS3 will then set the time correctly itself. Obviously it won't be in GMT unless you change it but it will be correct. Hope this helps.

Agreed, nice lap Fuzzy.:) He managed to do at T1 what I keep doing before throwing the lap away.:ouch: His T2 is very nice.:)

Thanks guys. 👍

I can't seem to break 1:02 in T1, not even once :indiff: But the good news is I'm 'only' behind about .6 for the rest of the lap against Dan and much of that is the hairpin right after T1 I'm sure. I'm getting better at going high/wide on the double lefts before T2 (sorry I have no clue what the turn names are lol) and the finish is coming along nice. Its the first part of the lap that is pwning me. But still a great combo, having a blast out there!

Jerome

I think Dholland upset mister takeushi? I think that's the online ID, he took his #1 spot, but takeushi got it back now..:lol:

8 out of the top 10 aint bad though, good work guys:tup:

I'm such a noob with my registration, isn't it brilliant when a mistake becomes, when you find out, something which actually means you can do it? :dopey: :lol:

Thats the worrying thing MAD, they helped a lot and I'm still slow

I think this combination is perfect for learning. It's a technical track and you can push the car really hard. You will be quicker with a wheel, so get persuading that wife of yours! I padded initially on Prologue, just got in to D3 then switched, I'm now quicker on the wheel by about .5 a lap, of course not now, as I haven't played the game for so long, besides, me and T1 at Suzuka don't tend to get on well.

*Sigh* Marriage... It's like going in a restaurant with friends. You order what you want, then when see you what the other fellow has, you wish you had ordered that. lol

Andy, you can pick up a DFGT for 60 quid on amazon. Just tell your wife that its for the RX8 :sly: Suzuka isnt really that kind to a D Pad unlike the narrow short tracks :)

Back