GTP_WRS Week 39 : Midnight Motegi

• Thread starter EDK
  • 177 comments
A question for those of you dong quick sector 1s, are you going to second gear or staying in 3rd gear for the first right after the tunnel?

Just got my first 10 serious laps in still tons and tons to be gained. this will be a lot of experimenting with different lines to figure out what is best any way to get things started for me

1'06.300

this weeks going to suck for replay checking with that fast kink in T1:crazy:

This one gives me more fun then the Roamin Ponies and started of with 20 laps

I hope I can find the time to drive this a lot more.

I predict that last hair pin turn is going to inspire a lot of loud obscenities by week's end.

Yes it is already. Messed up so many decent laps there and also the corner before! Manged to bring one home though. Still leaving some time in last sector though.

1'05.185

Getting a little better everywhere...this is a tough one. Need all of your techniques popping for maintaining your line on this.

1'05.815

Getting a little better everywhere...this is a tough one. Need all of your techniques popping for maintaining your line on this.

1'05.815
Dammit, Crozzlow!

At least you didn't steal my green :)

I probably won't be able to do any more laps on this one. We're heading out on the sailboat tomorrow to catch lobster and drink too much until Monday.

Stay slow, everyone. Speed kills!

The most fun I've had on this track so far, great combo 👍

1'05.836

running AT with roof cam :)

Last edited:
One of my favourite circuits, despite the difficulty in finding the fastest line through most corners! The S bend after the 2nd tunnel is where i'm losing all of my time.

1'05.700

EDIT: Forgot to ask, what BB is everyone using? I'm using 6/7 at the moment which just seems to help with the turn-in enough without going overboard.

Last edited:
Dammit, Crozzlow!

At least you didn't steal my green :)

I probably won't be able to do any more laps on this one. We're heading out on the sailboat tomorrow to catch lobster and drink too much until Monday.

Stay slow, everyone. Speed kills!

I will be happy to go on the boat for you....OK? :cheers:

A question for those of you dong quick sector 1s, are you going to second gear or staying in 3rd gear for the first right after the tunnel?

I'm sticking with 2nd and feathering the throttle, seems to keep the nose in to the apex better for me than 3rd gear.

Had a decent session. Found time in both sectors. I'm really liking this combo.

1:05.800

First acceptable splits after ruining lap after lap going straight on at the last corner

T1 34.150
T2 1:05.104

Back