GTP_WRS Week 4: Mount Shelby

Is this illegal? Looks pretty naughty to me but 2 wheels on the kerb?

It wasn't my intended line and destabilised the car a lot but commited too early and on the stick couldnt really take off the small amount of steering needed.

I can go faster and will do more laps this week so its not the end of the world if its illegal but figured I'd check early.
1808bc7770740-screenshotUrl.jpg
20220503_220523.jpg

It wasn't my intended line and destabilised the car a lot but commited too early and on the stick couldnt really take off the small amount of steering needed.

I can go faster and will do more laps this week so its not the end of the world if its illegal but figured I'd check early.
View attachment 1146820View attachment 1146821

Yes that is clean. Those curbs are considered track. Need to have 2 wheels on track to be clean.

Based on this screenshot alone, it's clean. Obviously don't know how the next few frames look, but this one is good.

Based on this screenshot alone, it's clean. Obviously don't know how the next few frames look, but this one is good.
Yes that is clean. Those curbs are considered track. Need to have 2 wheels on track to be clean.
Thank you both, good to know.
Next frames are fine as the car is sliding across the track so this is the closest point

Looks technically legal, but not very fast. :lol:

A lot faster in sector 2, but unfortunately choked in the last section to ensure a better full lap time overall.
I need to stop looking at my time in sector 2 while driving. When I see huge improvements, I get nervous in the last section and just choke. Does this happen to you guys? (I don't use ghosts)

1:20.258

A lot faster in sector 2, but unfortunately choked in the last section to ensure a better full lap time overall.
I need to stop looking at my time in sector 2 while driving. When I see huge improvements, I get nervous in the last section and just choke. Does this happen to you guys? (I don't use ghosts)

Unreal sector 2.

Yep it definitely happens. Even if I don’t look at splits/ghosts I kinda know when it’s a good lap.

Happens less often as you do more and more time trials, over time you get used to the pressure.

Oh yes it does.

Tons of fast laps where i went out of track, kissed the back straight tunnel wall or messed it up in the final sector. :crazy:
But then finally a big improvement, after such a lap i have to call it a day as my ghost will distract me from now on.

1:20.979

Does this happen to you guys? (I don't use ghosts)
I usually keep my ghost on, it helps me getting up to speed again for a new session by keeping him in the rear view mirror. :D I think it also helps to have a faster ghost that you can slowly creep up on, but an almost as fast ghost will be very distracting and nerve wrecking. OTOH it's very rewarding to watch your ghost behind you getting smaller on the final meters... :dopey:

I usually keep my ghost on, it helps me getting up to speed again for a new session by keeping him in the rear view mirror. :D I think it also helps to have a faster ghost that you can slowly creep up on, but an almost as fast ghost will be very distracting and nerve wrecking. OTOH it's very rewarding to watch your ghost behind you getting smaller on the final meters... :dopey:

My only problem with the ghost is that I usually get consistent times, so the ghost (especially in the bonnet camera) is basically cutting off my view of the apex and some braking zones. It's very distracting. But, I understand how it can be useful if you're ahead of it.
BTW thanks for the videos, it's nice to see different driving patterns.

Tons of fast laps where i went out of track, kissed the back straight tunnel wall or messed it up in the final sector. :crazy:
But then finally a big improvement, after such a lap i have to call it a day as my ghost will distract me from now on.

1:20.979

I think you can shave a lot before sector 2 if you shift to 4th gear earlier before entering the long tunnel while in the turn. Just an observation.

Set the ghost to 0.5s ahead.
I always wanted to experiment with it. I guess this is the time to try it out.
Would love to see how many of you guys use ghosts in general ?

Updated splits

1:20.942

This combo is kicking my rear, particularly 1st sector. The 36.xxx's are few and far between and no more consistent now than when the event started. I see @tarnheld stays in 5th, may give that a try.

Would love to see how many of you guys use ghosts in general
I typically always have it enabled but keep it off most of the time. On the straights I will flash it up on the screen quickly to see how I'm doing. I almost never chase the ghost because I also use bonnet cam and feel it obscures my vision (& concentration) of where I need to be looking.

Back