GTP_WRS Week 41: Kankkunen's Ride

• Thread starter roamer2629
  • 157 comments
Didn't try making a livery, pinched the obvious one ;)

Integrale.jpg

It all just came together, i have a close call in the corner after T1 where it got close to the inside barrier right at the jump but I didnt hear any noise and the car reacts to the suspension compressing and the way the jump flicks the car straight not a wall touch. I'm confident its clean however will keep running and see if I can get better. I have a feeling I can still find a tenth or two.

Finding this one surprisingly a lot of fun!!

Seen some 18.1's but annoyingly this one has my worst T1 and best middle section... so more to come 👍

No sign of the 18.0/.1's yet.

My little walk through which consistently nets 18.0/18.1
Take the first corner like you do the last at tsukuba, trail brake in then Coast a little as it drifts out slightly from the inside then pick up the throttle and "second apex it" right where that dirt sticks out on the left. When done right you are full throttle nice and early and coming out fast! It's not good to go in too fast and drift out wide, better to sacrifice a touch of entry to nail that exit. Then grab 3rd earlier than you think and stick nice and tight and smooth through the next s bends. Im sure I can do a 17.9 With this method.

Hope it helps :cheers:

Gave it some more time this afternoon and I did see a 17.97x T1! Seems you really need to get a good exit out of turn 1 and then shift to 3rd before the right hand S bend.

I managed to improve my time by .2 at the line plus I know for sure my lap is clean. .25 from optimal however its very tough to replicate all 3 perfect sectors in this beast! You can always do with a few more tenths however I'm happy with this lap!

Another combo in the dirt, yey!
T1's terrible because i've been inconsistent on my turn entries. Good start however.

ps: was i the only one that had a GT4 aura while running with this combo?
random video if you want to go on a nostalgia trip bellow :cheers:

This one's clean but I have been faster in each section... it's getting late and the neighbors probably know when I'm rallying on GT haha :D will get my final laps in tomorrow when the clunking noise isn't keeping the street awake ;)👍

Great splits by all on the board guys :cheers:

Latest Posts

Back