GTP_WRS Week 41: Kankkunen's Ride

• Thread starter roamer2629
  • 157 comments
Improved another .25 at the line. Roughly a tenth left in each sector compared to optimal but its getting pretty hectic now. Might give it one more crack but its getting hard. I must admit, what a wonderful combo!!

👍

Please tell me how the heck are you guy's getting 18's in S1!! Wow

Have a read of this mate 👍

My little walk through which consistently nets 18.0/18.1
Take the first corner like you do the last at tsukuba, trail brake in then Coast a little as it drifts out slightly from the inside then pick up the throttle and "second apex it" right where that dirt sticks out on the left. When done right you are full throttle nice and early and coming out fast! It's not good to go in too fast and drift out wide, better to sacrifice a touch of entry to nail that exit. Then grab 3rd earlier than you think and stick nice and tight and smooth through the next s bends. Im sure I can do a 17.9 With this method.

Hope it helps :cheers:

Got my goal time. Last sector is .2 off optimal, the rest are pretty much bang on though.

👍

_20180908_194247.JPG
Came close to losing the lap. Still using +2 bb.

:bowdown: nuff' said!

.2 lost in T3 :(

Thanks mate :cheers:, you really have kept pushing me this week. I'm really looking forward to seeing what people manage in T3....

I got up at 6:30am on a Sunday and my gf was still asleep and so I decided to jump on a for a few more goes and managed this.... I really don't know where this lap came from but it all just came together. Almost a PB in T3 too so thats it for me. Submitting.

ABS normal, BB-0

Last edited:
Every time I check the thread you've killed my dreams again :lol:

That's probably it for me, anything more is going to take a huge effort. I'm quite surprised how much time we all found over the week, if you would've told me on day 1 someone would post a 43.7 I would've said they're in the wrong car!

Every time I check the thread you've killed my dreams again :lol:
I'm sure you will get your revenge :lol:
I'm quite surprised how much time we all found over the week, if you would've told me on day 1 someone would post a 43.7 I would've said they're in the wrong car!

I agree!! I have improved my time a second since my "fluke" lap earlier in the week and 1.5 seconds faster than when I first was "very happy" with my time :lol:

Has to be the dirt, I think its much harder to know what kinda time is possible early as you really need to experiment with different lines, braking, and how you manage the jumps. Except for T1 the rest of my lap is completely different to earlier in the week, where as on Tarmac its rare to change the lap up that much IMO.

Latest Posts

Back