GTP_WRS Week 41 : Lotus Elise '96 @ Suzuka - East

Discussion in 'WRS Archive' started by Sjaak, Aug 9, 2009.

1. Sjaak

Sjaak Moderator

[​IMG]

:: GTP_Weekly Race Series ::

[​IMG]

Week 41

3 laps Online Time Trial Event

[​IMG]

Lotus Elise '96

[​IMG]

Suzuka East

[​IMG]

:: Only Open to Qualified GTP_Registered Members ::

:: Members are not obligated to take part ::

Race Details:

[​IMG]

• Mode: Online Event :450PP > Online Time Trail
    • Game Spec: SpecIII
    • Physics: Professional
    • Track: Suzuka East
    • Make: Lotus
    • Model: Elise '96
    • Laps: 3

Vehicle Specifics:

[​IMG]

• Power: Optional
    • Weight: Optional
    • Driving Aids: Optional
    • Transmission: Optional
    • Tyre Type: N3 / N3
    • Performance Points: 450 PP
    • Tuning: Optional
    • In-Race RA Functions: Optional (if available)

[​IMG]

Race Specifics:

This week we do a 3 lapper in Online Time-Trail,consistency will be key this week.

• [*]-1- Run 3 laps in Time Trail
      [*]-2- Exit the run when going in the 4th lap
      [*]-3- Save your replay
      [*]-4- Watch your replay at "My Page"and write down the final time.
      [*]-5- Final time = lap 1 + lap 2 + lap 3
      [*]-6- Use your lap times from your right upper corner,best and last laptime.
      [*]Your run can be done while being ON LINE, using your GTP_tag.
      [*]The use of the clutch is prohibited

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
    • rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
    • no contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
    • if you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
    • no hybrids
    • no cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
    • nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
    • save your replay

Thread rules:
    The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods):

• Final race time
    • Any information which can be used to infer the race time

The following information can be discussed in this thread :

• Only your fastest lap time
    • Any settings discussion.

Viewing your Final Race Time:

You need to make sure you save the 'Save Replay' , not the 'Saveghost Replay'.
    To view your replay, go to 'My Page' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay' option.

[​IMG]
    Save replay icon

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 41 Submission ) to (Vaxen):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
      [Division#]---M'SS.XXX---GTP_Tag
      (Example-) [division 2]---3'44.678---GTP_Sjaak
    • you can submit only once
    • please include in your submission PM your division, GTP_Tag and final lap time
    • the deadline is Monday 17 August 11:59pm GMT
    • if you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:
    Time verification:

Save your replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers ,named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
    • any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
    • when a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
    • failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
    • video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

Good luck,
    OLR Admin Team

Last edited: Aug 9, 2009
  2. Paulie

Paulie Premium

Should be interesting! In the past, don't we normally have to submit all 3 of our lap times plus the final time? Not happening this time? I'll get on to a tune ASAP.:)

Edit: This time is not to go on the leaderboard, since it wasn't part of a 3-lapper, but I've done a 1'01.404 while tuning.:)

Edit 2: Done an official 3 lapper now, all laps clean, here's my best one:

Fastest Lap: 1'01.160
    :D

Edit 3: Faster again :dopey:

Fastest Lap: 1'00.976

I didn't think I'd drop below 1'01 :D, loving the combo this week already, this car's a hoot on N3s.:)

Last edited: Aug 9, 2009
  3. Worst_Driver

Worst_Driver

Best lap: 1'02.213 (Using TLD Tune)
    This car is hard to handle even if it's not a beast. You have to be very careful. It handles way better with the TLD tune (Thanks Paulie :tup:) It should be interesting this week.

4. TrievelA7X

TrievelA7X

this cars a nightmare, guess I'll try the TLD tune...

5. Paulie

Paulie Premium

Thanks for the compliment and using my tune.:)

Please do :), in my opinion and from the feedback given by an early user of the tune, it's a good one that really transforms the car.:dopey:

6. LeGeNd-1

LeGeNd-1 Premium

Short and sweet this week. The Lotus is a twitchy little beast, and I'll have fun trying to tame it on Suzuka East (thank god it's not the full Suzuka :scared:).

Be back with splits + review for Paulie's tune later.

P.S. This week we are submitting to Vaxen again? Or is it a typo sjaak?

EDIT: Just ran some laps, with a fastest of 1.02.492. The car is surprisingly manageable, but then again, I'm using a TLD tune, so it's to be expected ;) Note to Paulie: can you make the car have a tad more lift-off oversteer? I'm struggling to get the nose turned in the first & last corner. And I'm using 3rd gear for the whole lap (except at the frontstraight obviously), is this correct? Overall a very stable tune though, just not as chuckable as I'd expect (lower the weight perharps?) . I'd give it a 8.5/10 :tup:.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
  7. Kagamushi

Kagamushi

Hmm.Surprisingly quite tricky this one.Nice lap allready there Paulie, I don't know where I'm going to find an extra second but it will be fun trying.
    Best lap so far after 3 3 lappers.

1'01.825

8. DGiant2000

DGiant2000

Going to miss this one and the next I'm afraid, will be back for week 43 though. Have fun on those N3's!!

9. nuclearfire

nuclearfire

Fasted lap: 1'02.417

Thanks to TLD's tune, very good setup it almost doesn't feel like your on N3's :tup:

10. Sjaak

Sjaak Moderator

Yes, all submissions this week have to be send to Vaxen again.

Due to holidays we have to switch here and then.:)

11. Masi_23

Masi_23

I thought this is in time trial? Why is everyone talking about a tune?

12. EDK

EDK Moderator

It's one of the online time trials, with set PP, your choice of cars, and the ability to tune.

13. Masi_23

Masi_23

I see... i don't normally venture down the list of the time trials online. I guess i haven't noticed. Thanks for clearing that up :D

14. steven

steven

:lol: I'm reading the new combo from my hotel room in Canterbury UK and finding I don't really mind to be away for a while :D Elise on N3's ...
    Still I hope you all have a lot of fun on this combo and the next, and then I'll be back for some WRXS fun :tup:

15. Marooned

Marooned Premium

Evening lads, I was wondering is anyone logged in LUXY at the moment!!?? I'm trying to login to create this week's board but keep getting user name or password incorrect!!

Edit: Thanks Kevin, I found the fault, was the firewall at work :grumpy: it's working from home now...

Last edited: Aug 11, 2009
  16. TrievelA7X

TrievelA7X

Well, I'll give the opposite review here. If anything still a little to tail-happy for me, so I changed the brakes back to 5/5, and increased camber on the rear a bit, and quickened the final drive about .100, not sure of exact numbers.
    Very nice tune Paulie.:tup:

Not sure what camera I'll use to submit this week, I ran a 1:02.217 with bumper cam, my fast cam, but have a hard time keeping clean for 3 laps, so using the in-car cam, which is almost impossible for me to wreck using, I managed a:
    1:02.834 in a set of 3.
    Gotten down in 1:02.6's several times, not not for my 3-lapper yet.

17. LeGeNd-1

LeGeNd-1 Premium

Cool, thanks for clarifying :tup:.

Hmm, it might be my driving style then. I'll do the opposite of what you've done and see if I can make it oversteer more on entry.

I got the same problem too! Usually bumper cam is fastest for me, but in this car the bumper cam is a bit too low. I can't see the corners properly and keep missing braking points and apexes :lol:. I switched to roof cam and it's much better now.

I also have to switch my accel/brake from the analog sticks to the triggers so I can 'left-foot brake' and keep a smooth driving line. Works wonders in this car...

18. GTP_Ingram

GTP_Ingram Premium

Really enjoying this one! 1:01.463 as part of a three lapper, though I have gone quicker over a single lap, so its a case of being consistent now!

19. EDK

EDK Moderator

Really nice combo this week, Sjaak. :tup:

I made my own tune yesterday and ran for a bit. My best lap as part of a 3 lap was a 1:01.898. so I've put that on the board.

My fastest lap is a 1:01.6. Need to find some consistency. :dopey:

Anyhow, I've initiated the leaderboard for this week, catch you all later. :cheers:

20. arora

arora (Banned)

This is great fun :tup: Sjaakie :D

Muckin about with settings and such but starting to get something going. I'm liking stiff springs and shocks all around with some +rear toe. I have the final real low and using 2nd atm.

1'02.251 in race(pretty consistant there) a 1'01.9 fluke hottie ;)

21. hank87

hank87

My first best single lap:

1'02.315

Driving a really slow car quite easily adds to the frustration of being a slow driver :D
    I'm using the TLD tune with tiny changes - fiddling with the rear toe

22. TrievelA7X

TrievelA7X

I've liked bringing the TLD tune's final drive down to about 4.400, get better use of 2nd this way, though it hurts a bit through the esses.

23. Paulie

Paulie Premium

Thanks to everyone using my tune.:) I'll send you a PM for suggestions Legend, although I thought it was already pretty taily on lift-off moments.:sly:

24. TrievelA7X

TrievelA7X

Got it down some, happy with that.:)
    1:02.238 - Not quite as consistent as I'd like, but I guess that's what the next 6 days are for.:sly:
    I have to say, I'm considering making it a smidgen more tail-happy myself, though it sounds dangerous.:scared: :idea: :nervous: :scared:

25. Paulie

Paulie Premium

Today I was driving like crud through the last corner, I couldn't get it right.:ouch: On the one lap I did get it right it was only a 1'01.0, I then had numerous laps that I was 0.2sec up on that lap, only to go 0.3sec slower through the final turn.:dunce: Hopefully I'll have that pace again on Thursday.

I decided on a front toe change to -0.18 as well.:tup:

26. LeGeNd-1

LeGeNd-1 Premium

Mega Thanks to Paulie for the spring rate tips :tup:. I changed it to 2/7 and instantly I'm 0.02 seconds quicker. Then I tinkered with the camber and brakes and went super aggressive on my out lap. The result? 1.02.252 :D:D. The car is now very chuckable on entry, but also much more stable on corner exit, so I can put the power down more confidently (especially in the last turn). Awesome feeling....

Final settings look like this:
    Spring 2/7
    Camber 1.1/1.6
    Brake 5/8

27. GTP_Ingram

GTP_Ingram Premium

Best lap in 3 lap run: 1:01.375

A slight improvement in time, and a big improvement in my consistency :D I've still gone faster on a single lap though, and I can see where I have lost time on my 3 lap run, so I'm hoping for more!

28. nuclearfire

nuclearfire

New Fast Lap:

1'01.992

29. MadMax

MadMax Moderator

Current fastest lap on this 3-lapper: 1'02.3xx (sorry don't remember two last digits)

I'll have to catch you LeGeNd-1 , good pace there! :tup:

MadMax

30. Sureboss

Sureboss Premium

Bah, can't sign on to PSN. Here's hoping it's nothing more than a minor "tonight" issue. Can connect fine to net, etc, on it.

Reset the connection settings and it let me, quite slow to sign in, though.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2009