GTP_WRS Week 41 : Lotus Elise '96 @ Suzuka - East

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 104 comments
1:01.907
Gettin there, I'll get my exact variation of Paulie's tune up here later, been changed bit and pieces almost constantly, but I know the lower final drive's working for me pretty good here.
So here's a question, since I have the DS3, I use the steering angle at 30, would that make me want less toe up front? or more?

1'01.871

fun combo. I love taking this car out in London reverse too. :)

It is damn tough to hit 3 consistent laps.
[/offtopic] ... but it's apparently easy to hit 4 consistant pints of lager when visiting a gtp mate's country in the summer :cool:

[/ontopic] :lol:

Woah, easy there! 2 lagers, 2 bitters! :lol:

I might be out of this week, the router is on the blinkers. I say on the blinkers, it's just crap. :(

Did about 25 laps for practice using the TLD tune and got a Best Lap of 1'03.9XX. I'll probably need to make an adjustment or two before doing the 4 Lap Time Attacks for the WRS a little later on tonight. :)

New Best Lap:

1'00.918

Had another session tonight and had a much more consistent 3 lap run which included this lap.
I increased steering angle from 45 to 50 and that seemed to help as well.
It seemed as though I was having to make too many small, slight corrections
at 45 and this may have been costing me just a smidge of time here and there. Every little bit
you can do to be smooth--as Paulie pointed out earlier--will be to your advantage in this one.

New Best Lap:

1'00.918

Had another session tonight and had a much more consistent 3 lap run which included this lap.
I increased steering angle from 45 to 50 and that seemed to help as well.
It seemed as though I was having to make too many small, slight corrections
at 45 and this may have been costing me just a smidge of time here and there. Every little bit
you can do to be smooth--as Paulie pointed out earlier--will be to your advantage in this one.

Nice lap, and nice work on getting the consistency. You're the man to beat right now.:) I'll try the max turn angle 50, it might help with my consistency, I'm still happy with the rest of my setup though.

Edit: Alright now we're getting somewhere. New fastest lap (albeit slower than previous efforts) but a marked improvement in consistency sees me drop over a tenth off my fastest overall time.:) Ideally, if I could drop just one more tenth of I'd submit straight away content with my time. I did also change to max turn angle 50.:)

Fastest Lap: 1'00.907
See post below.

When was the last time the leaderboard was updated?

Last edited:
New fasted lap:

1'01.838

When was the last time the leaderboard was updated?

It was last updated on August 12, 2009 - 9:09 pm PDT, it says that under the board above the colored blocks

Last edited:
Faster again, 2 very fast laps together and one lap that could have/should have been a smidge faster in between.

Fastest Lap: 1'00.846

I won't submit yet, but this may be my final entry.

Time submitted. I was just starting to enjoy this but I'm out of time- I'm going to the seaside tonight and will not be back until next Sunday, so I'll skip WRS 42.

I set off for this one with TLD but in the end I did some significant changes:
Camber 2.2 / 2.4
Toe -0.18 / -0.16
Lower spring -6
Damper 2/4

The car was quite predicatable with these.
I guess I'll be at the botom because I have 0.6 difference between fastest and slowest lap in my submission...only if I had 1 hour more yesterday...

For the board:

1'01.978

Good luck to every one

Finally getting close to where I want to be!
1:01.648

Using my modified TLD tune, so thanks again to Paulie:tup:
Power +29
Weight 114
N3 N3
-30 -29
3 10
3 6
-0.12 +0.22
1.3 2.0
5 5
off

If anything, I'd say these gears will help everybody over the TLD tune, I've found the longer 2nd gives a much easier and overall quicker shot out of turn 1 and the final turn, which are the two most important for me anyways. I'd like to see what someone more consistent than me thinks though, I've been a bit all over the place here.

And now, given the above posts, I'm going to try a sharper steering angle:scared:

Woah, easy there! 2 lagers, 2 bitters! :lol:

I might be out of this week, the router is on the blinkers. I say on the blinkers, it's just crap. :(

Or the standard sky settings for it, I think I've beaten 'em. :D

Faster again, 2 very fast laps together and one lap that could have/should have been a smidge faster in between.

Fastest Lap: 1'00.846

I won't submit yet, but this may be my final entry.

Well without giving it another go I've decided I shall submit with this time. To ask faster would be extremely time consuming and more than likely extremely frustrating. I shall put my submission in tomorrow when I have time.👍

Nice, three consistent laps, within 4 hundredths of each other. Though I did find some time and would have had a 1'01.3 had I not gotten the final corner oh so wrong.

Managed a 1:01.357, and would've had a 1:01.2 or lower even, but ruined it exiting the last turn, to bad...
Pretty sure I'll submit with what I already got.

Great lap Paulie. I'll have to pass this week, though i did a quick session and managed low 1:01's to late 1:00's with my own setup. Found the TLD tune to be a little loose.

And just a weird note. I ran on Suzuka going reverse and it felt very refreshing and different. Reminded me of Imola for some reason. Totally random. Everyone should try it :D We need more tracks!!! lol. Goodluck all :D

And just a weird note. I ran on Suzuka going reverse and it felt very refreshing and different. Reminded me of Imola for some reason. Totally random. Everyone should try it :D We need more tracks!!! lol. Goodluck all :D

Yeah, I've tried going backwards on Suzuka and Fuji. They feel completely different. I messed up every turn because I keep missing braking points :scared::lol:. Just goes to show that track knowledge plays a BIG part in getting you around the track.

On another note, I had another go today with a tune combined from everyone's as I seem to have hit a 'wall' with my tune :crazy:, and improved my time to 1.02.106 :D. I'll also be submitting as tomorrow I'll probably not get a chance to run again.

Good luck to everyone else 👍.

Last edited:
Had another go this morning, and managed three consistent laps all faster than my previous best lap...YAYYY!!!

Went to save my replay, and my trusty PS3 threw a wobbly and froze...NAYYY!!

Cue a rather long rant containing lots of shouting 🤬 and 🤬!!!

My next go after I'd reset it, I couldn't get anywhere near the final time I'd set before, but my best three lap run produced this new fastest lap,

1'01.828

Gonna try again later as I hope I'll be able to get a better 3 laps when I'm less frustrated :crazy:

Giving a big Congrats to Carl for being 3rd, so far. Less than .1 behind the leader buddy, "go get'em bro!"

New Fastest Lap:

1'00.750

I may be submitting with this run, as I'm now down to chasing hundredths/thousandths.

However, when I view the replay, each lap in this set of three is off by about .002 :confused: For example, when my car crossed the line on this lap, the lap time in the center of the screen says 1'00.748, but when I look up on the upper right corner of the screen, it says best lap 1'00.750 and Last Lap 1'00.750--weird :odd: the other laps are like that as well. Off by about .002 to .003. Has anyone else ever run into this problem? Which time do I count, the one in the upper right hand corner, or the one as I am crossing the line? I'm pretty sure the one in the upper right hand corner is correct as I remember the 1'00.750 lap as I did it, because I looked up and saw it. I'll certainly need to know in case I wind up submitting this set of laps.

EDIT:

Sorted: I just read Sjaak's original post, and it says to count the time in the upper right hand corner.

Last edited:
^ I asked about that the other day, we need to use the times from the top right, as it says in the OP. At least I'm not the only one who cant read :lol:

Thats a pretty impressive lap you've set there, I'm going to have another go tomorrow, I'm sure that I can get into the 1:00. bracket too, I'll just need to take a brave pill for turn 1..

New Fastest Lap:

1'00.750

I may be submitting with this run, as I'm now down to chasing hundredths/thousandths.

:eek: Way to ruin my weekend.:grumpy:

J/K, great lap mate. At least it's a Corvette fan 1-2 we've got happening here.:sly:

Just started a more serious session :dopey:

I've tinkered with it here and there with no real progress, just tunning gears I guess. I'll be at it for a while tonight as I have nothing else to do.

Best in race now... 1'01.903

I can see a low 1'01. for now, If I can get 3 under 05 I'd be pretty happy with the progress 👍

Submitting:
1:01.526
fairly consistent, not getting any more time, plus week 42's up, so nice times at the top guys.

The link in post 1 has a link to submit to Vaxen, is that correct? I ask because Sjaak posted week 42 now, before I'm submitting.

Still chipping away ...

1'01.602

Still finding my way, getting sleepy but there is all day tomorrow 👍

Final attempt brought 3 reasonably consistent laps with a new fastest of 1'01.776

Submitting, best of luck everyone 👍

Back