GTP_WRS Week 42 : Nada Neon

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 191 comments
120 best for me, and I have tried many different approaches to see what is best speed I can get. This is at the SF line, not speed before braking.

Last edited:
@skyline1683 Using driving options to change tyres behaves differently from "car settings". I think that feature explains the swap.
So if I change my tyres in the option screen instead of going to the settings to change them I get different tyre performance ?
If that's the case it would explain my extra speed out of last corner and crossing s/f line .

@Gravitron whats your opinion on this as it could be taken as gaining an advantage if it's the case

So if I change my tyres in the option screen instead of going to the settings to change them I get different tyre performance ?
If that's the case it would explain my extra speed out of last corner and crossing s/f line .

@Gravitron whats your opinion on this as it could be taken as gaining an advantage if it's the case
I thought he was saying the "behavior" as it relates to the game saving which tires you had where -- since you had said it didn't save the CS/CM config before. I didn't think he meant an actual performance difference.

How about you try to submit a lap where you've gone faster over the S/F line than the rest of us and add me as well?

I thought he was saying the "behavior" as it relates to the game saving which tires you had where -- since you had said it didn't save the CS/CM config before. I didn't think he meant an actual performance difference.

How about you try to submit a lap where you've gone faster over the S/F line than the rest of us and add me as well?

Yeah I read that bit incorrectly (blame 10 hours of driving my work truck on that)
But yes il submit my lap in abit as a 6 mph difference over the line should not be happening

Just been watching my replay to see why I'm so quick down the straight at then I see it :dunce::dunce::dunce:
I'm running my (euro look car )
No massive wing on the back added to the fact Using the pit wall for a slight slipstream effect it gives the 5-6 mph gain to the line ...

Guess I'm starting over:banghead:

Just been watching my replay to see why I'm so quick down the straight at then I see it :dunce::dunce::dunce:
I'm running my (euro look car )
No massive wing on the back added to the fact Using the pit wall for a slight slipstream effect it gives the 5-6 mph gain to the line ...

Guess I'm starting over:banghead:
Glad you found it, it's only Thursday. ;)

I should have looked in the aero section instead of keeping it completely stock, maybe taking that off would have been more fun/tail-happy? 👍

Glad you found it, it's only Thursday. ;)

I should have looked in the aero section instead of keeping it completely stock, maybe taking that off would have been more fun/tail-happy? 👍

Sports suspension was the way to go after all :P
New slower splits, 3 tenths better down the line. Now I have to get those two tenths I lost in the first two sectors back.
1'03.486

I exit the final corner thinking I really want that tenth off, then at the line it's 163 ms, so an okay third sector. Short of becoming a forward thinking individual :odd: I don't know what else to do here. Might go back.

1:03.832

That didn't take long :)

Lol I was a man on a mission still alot of time left I messed up the hair pin with to much steering angle and scrubbed a little to much speed in double right hander leading to the straight but as a banker lap I'm happy

I submitted as I am going on a long weekend but, I wanted a little more time at this...great combo @Gravitron. What makes a great combo? In my opinion, it is one that makes you feel like you learned a little something about how to handle the type of car, i.e.; FF... and the track....This one did both. Of course I have to say....I left a little bit of time out there.(lame)...Good Luck everyone!!

Lol sorry guys I'm proved totally wrong

This is after about 50 laps :irked:

No idea what I was doing. And had added an exhaust for some reason without realising. Bought a new one now just so it's all new.

So we can use a wing?

OK great.
Going to begin the grind.
Because I'm in mex time now, I can't do those banzai runs anymore!

I would have thought that any lap not red-lapped in the chicane was clean. :banghead:

My 2nd and 3rd sectors on this lap were pretty sweet.
Apricot Hill Raceway.jpg

After a few hundred km the chicane itself wasn't a problem, but getting through the next right with the rear in check. Which I eventually did by partial throttle.

Latest Posts

Back