GTP_WRS Week 42 : Nada Neon

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 191 comments
Wow, that's wicked second sector. I need to get back behind the wheel as I really feel the pressure to do well in this one.

Trying this one out this week on @mr_lab_rat's recommendation. It's a fun car to drive! 👍

First splits:
1'03.977

Tho I just realized I'm not using CM tires in the rear!:banghead: So, better splits to come, I guess.:confused:

Oh, if you liked it with comfort soft tires in the back you will like it even more with CM.
It might not be faster right away. There is such a thing as too much lift off oversteer :)

Just a head's up, every time I exit to the menu (not just restart) my fronts are changing to CMs, I was trying to figure out why I was all of a sudden 2 seconds slower. Not sure why they are changing, but it has happened a few times to me now.

Had a few first laps.

1'04.018

have seen some .4 t1's and some .8 t2's but in this lap t3 was truly epic! I think this week it all comes down who manages to really nail that t3 as it is the most difficult section of the track in my opinion. This track does bring up the trauma I got at the GTA this year had to put in so many laps to gold it, but in the end I did :P Also good for reverse psychology lessons :P

I'm struggling in the final sector. There are basically four turns if I don't count the final bend leading onto the S/F straight.
There are couple of different ways to take them. Every time you maximize speed through one of them you sacrifice speed for the next one.

My current typical slow s3 (and I'm not happy with it) turn by turn description is:
way too slow but great exit line - woooo, look at me go fast - OMG, understeeeeeeeer, OMG, make it stop! - ugh, I scrubbed too much speed in turn 3 AND I'm stuck with bad entry for the last one.

Obviously the compromise approach is there to just go slower in all the turns and get the best line possible but I don't think it's the fastest.

Here is what I would like to do instead:
on the edge with compromised exit line - mow some grass and sacrifice speed for wide entry for the next one - fast and smooth going uphill - wide entry, get all the braking and turning done early, carry good speed and start accelerating as early as possible.

Last edited:
1'03.722

@mr_lab_rat Mike, I have the same issues. I try different aproaches every couple of laps and see what it does. But i think you're on to something :P

and the last bit of improvement for today. Sorry for the spam. Just had small run's but things in my schedule kept changing and i'm getting addicted again :D

1'03.614

After just 18 laps around the Apricot Hills I allready love it 'Slip slyding away'

More to come!

Back