GTP_WRS Week 46 : Official Results

• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 121 comments
Congrats to Wes for an outstanding display this week 👍 and to all Div. winners & Poduim placing.

I thought I had a great time sitting pretty in 14th with my splits :) but somewhere between T2 & the finish line, I must have blown a tyre cause it came as a shock to be so far behind at the end of the line :(
Anyway, it just goes to show how much everyone has improved on their driving 👍 whilst in my absence. Back to the drawing boards for me it is.
Least I now know who's tail pipes I should be chasing :sly: ( everyone in D2 :D)

Good luck everyone for next weeks WRS, as I'm unable to compete to due to being on a Mobile broadband, but I'll use this time wisely & do this lap in practise for an off the books gauge :)

:cheers:

The Mig

Congrats to every Podium Finisher.

Here is my replay:

Attachments

• GTP_Diomiro - WRS - Week 46 - PAL.zip
    208.5 KB · Views: 15
22--1'08.586---0---GTP_Diomiro
user118395pic1573412914.gif

Your splits were 25.241, 20.848, 25.497, can they be added to the board?
8---1'07.840---3---GTP_Carlos

2---1'08.860---6---GTP_NINE_HUNDRED

Don't know why, but the else replays are corrupted to me

EDIT: My replay :

Attachments

• GTP_Anastasis14_Week_46.zip
    207.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
^ I got the rest Anastasis.

4---1'07.705---7---GTP_noshog

16--1'07.999---0---GTP_Davegeorge

17--1'08.050---0---GTP_Rikson

2---1'08.262---9---GTP_jtv90069

All tires and times are correct

1'07.843-GTP_EDK

Clean and green Kev. There was a small amount of wheel spin and bobble on the exit of the right-hander (after the tunnel).

Nice smooth lap though, as I expected to see 👍

Last edited:
1'07.843-GTP_EDK

Clean and green Kev. There was a small amount of wheel spin and bobble on the exit of the right-hander (after the tunnel).

Nice smooth lap though, as I expected to see 👍

Thanks for the check, Jake. :)

Yeah, looks like you guys both just nailed that first right after the tunnel. I think I carried some extra speed due to the faster T1, and didn't get to the brakes in time. That probably caused me to come out of there a bit hot. But still happy with my total lap time and doubt I could have tied all 3 sectors together like you guys did. Well done. 👍

Last edited:
Hey Kevin, why is your lap time showing up as 1'07.295? That's pretty fast!

I must have copy/pasted it wrong when I did the check. I fixed it in my original post.

Congrats to all the winners and podium finishers and everyone who reached their personal goal.👍

7---1'07.924---GTP_Anastasis14

The splits of my lap on the leaderboard are wrong because I posted them a few minutes too late for fetchy to catch them.

T1: 24.826
T2: 20.680
T3: 22.307

Attachments

• GTP_viper84 week 46 PAL.zip
    207 KB · Views: 11
I'm new to WRS (hopefully I'll be added soon), so I apologize in advance if this is a dumb question, but I thought the thread said to post times for the first two sectors, why do the results show full lap times?

I'm new to WRS (hopefully I'll be added soon), so I apologize in advance if this is a dumb question, but I thought the thread said to post times for the first two sectors, why do the results show full lap times?

The splits we post during the week are to give everyone an idea of the pace needed to be competitive.

At the end of the week, once the deadline has passed, we post the full lap times that everyone should submit to Fetchbot as instructed in the first post. Splits make it to the leaderboard based on the thread posts, it's a second step to submit your full lap time.

Some outstanding times this week especially Wes:bowdown:. Nice to see so many competitors this week in WRS great work by all.

My PAL replay attached.

Attachments

• GTP_Hasslemoff 46.zip
    756.1 KB · Views: 11
Congratz to all. Great to be back at this after a little hiatus.

Wes you are too fast and have too much control for a mere mortal. I watched your replay from our online practice and it didn't help a bit because I can't control a car like that. Maybe if I drove in slow motion at 1/10th speed I could make adjustments like you do. :dopey:

I'm just happy to not embarrass myself this week with the quality field that showed up. It took some coaching from Lucas to just get me into the 1'08 range and a lot of luck and effort to run a 1'07 lap. Anytime I can run within a hundredth of Kevin I know I'm not embarrassing myself, but I would prefer the other side of that margin. :sly:

Looking forward to the online race. I've got my hands full trying to direct that event and preparing for the upcoming special event so not going to get much time to review replays in the next 48 hours, but if there are some left afterwards I'll do my part.

Here's my replay, thanks in advance.

Attachments

• GTP_WRS_Week_46_Replay-GTP_WRP001.zip
    207.6 KB · Views: 11
WOW

First congratz to all podiums and everybody who reached there goal.

Took a quick peek this morning, before I left for work. Was walking around with a big smile on my face at work. Like teenagers do, when they had sex the first time :lol:
Thanks to everybody for the compliments, don’t know all your names. I never expected to win it in D2. I thought my T3 wasn’t good enough. But it was.

Special shout to our Flying Dutch Man Wes. You really kicked some ass, this week.

The competition this week was outstanding. People are with hundredth even thousandth of each other, all over the board.

A great combo at the right moment. Thanks Kev 👍

Here is my replay

Attachments

• BCES00569-RPL002.zip
    206.7 KB · Views: 12
EDK
The splits we post during the week are to give everyone an idea of the pace needed to be competitive.

At the end of the week, once the deadline has passed, we post the full lap times that everyone should submit to Fetchbot as instructed in the first post. Splits make it to the leaderboard based on the thread posts, it's a second step to submit your full lap time.

Oh ok, glad I found that out before I was added to the registry. I thought the challenge was just the fastest time through the second sector. I was letting up around the final corner because it was getting frustrating when I would have better splits on the first two sectors, but ended up losing the lap because I lost time in the last sector.

I haven't done this in a while, so hopefully this replay is in the correct format. NTSC

Attachments

• BCUS98114-RPL030.zip
    206.6 KB · Views: 10
My PAL replay as requested, complete with a smoky turns 1 and 3!
Enjoyed getting back into the WRS this week, even if I couldn't put as much time as I would have liked into it, still chuffed with my D3 podium.
Well done to all who took part as usual.

Attachments

• M3S3GVE.zip
    208.1 KB · Views: 11
Wow...I didn't expect to fall that much...pretty much gutted... I knew my T3 wasn't my best but it was only .130 off my optimum...
Congrats to Wes on .508, a new record mate! You should be in Gold friend...!

I'm still pretty much shaken up...this is the last time I will do an event I'm not enjoying.

Don't sweat it Energizerr - everyone's had this happen in the course of WRS, it's all a part of the lottery of not knowing the last split. Running a sub-68 second time is still respectable and with those kind of splits pace you'll be in contention in future weeks.

-------

Here's my replay. I ran about 300 laps this week and at one point I had 10 laps within about .074 of one another, just prior to running my fastest lap and another that was close to it. Trying to break down that barrier was so difficult, usually in my WRS'ing there's always a "magic" lap that's 1/4 second quicker that I can never match, but not this week - just endless consistency and not quite enough speed to trouble the divisional leaders. Still - a blast, not always enjoyable and sometimes frustrating but a lovely combo to lose hours in.....

I can only conclude now that I love my wheel and can no longer use a DS3 for 'dog-dirt' - been a long time coming but I'm converted - now to work on being a DS3/Wheel podium getter! :D

6630054015_822c228da5.jpg

REPLAY HERE!

Attachments

• GTP_Insatiable_WRS_Week46_Replay.zip
    207.2 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
GTP_w-g-e

GTP_Carlos

GTP_Viper

Couldn't remember how to get the flag there so the thumb will have to do, all clean as a whistle, stunning lap from w-g-e.

Last edited by a moderator:
3---1'08.374---7---GTP_jimantonic

Great lap Jimantonic Very clean

Last edited:

It seems pretty clear to me that the Black Car was faster. ;)

It's funny, I ended up submitting my first clean time that was in the 07's, so my week was more like what you describe normally happens to you.

I've had both in WRS. Normally, after I've already spend an inordinate number of hours at a combo, the habits are locked in, and consistency is all I can find, not more speed.

Got lucky and got to my goal before that happened this week. :P

Here is my replay. Glad I took the time to improve the lap, my next best would have been about 7 spots lower.

It now seems clear that most of D2 had a goal of 1'07.xxx, explaining why the leaderboard is so close. Amazing how you push yourself to break the next whole second...

Attachments

• WRS 46 Barra.zip
    207.8 KB · Views: 13
Back