GTP_WRS Week 46 : Official Results

• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 121 comments
Amazing. I'd like to thank all 59 contenders / 53 submitters for the incredible experience of this week. As usual, my hidden T3 boosted me up in the final standings in D2 (from 9th to 7th), with full points (4) in F1 style thanks to the massive partecipation. EDK, are you still planning what to do with points? +0.147 down the podium and about the same amount from my ideal time. Happy with this, and with my first Bronze D1 time O_O (thanks CSL!!), with the 7-8 hours spent trying; also very close to Usual Suspect, my reference driver through all the WRS TT :)
The well gripped car was the easiest to drive since I started WRS, so it was all with precision, combining T1+T2+T3 as usual, with no space for luck, or at last I didn't pushed hard enough to need it.

Impressive w-g-e sub 1.0 👍
Congratulations to D2 podium guys: Jake (1st podium), Chuk, Roomboter (1st win :cheers:), and also to noshog. Except for Chuk (once), it was my first time with all you. Also learned that D2 isn't that easy with more contenders :sly:
Congratulations to all winners and podium placed in the other divisions.
Thanks to Ealirendur for the splits analysis.

My replay: the closest is the inner kerb entering the tunnel.

Attachments

• GTP_Duck week 46 PAL.zip
    207 KB · Views: 13
Thank you Jim and Anastasis for both checking my replay (and both finding no fault :lol:) - much appreciated.

Nice comments there Duck - really was a very good week. Like Matt, I usually end up with one lap that stands out from the rest and will be 2 tenths better. Given that this was a relatively short lap, perhaps that would be hoping too much as it would mean all my best splits lined up - as it was my fastest lap was 67 hundredths clear of the others :crazy:

Matt - here's my top ten board for comparison. I remember seeing a similar picture from Rudi Raser after week 8 and all his laps are within 1 or 2 thousandths of each other. I continually strive for, and fail to achieve, that level of consistency (and speed) :lol: Note that all these laps are clean - if I go dirty on a lap I always back off so as not to end up with a false fast lap or be in a position where the next lap is fast and clean and I can't save it!

Last edited:
Thank you Simon and Jim for the checks.👍

I put in a lot of effort into this and I'm not afraid to say that this is my 'best' WRS lap yet.

Thanks Duck, nice compliment and call me Joao :dopey:

My replay:

Attachments

• GTP_UsualSuspect WRS 46 Replay PAL.rar
    206.8 KB · Views: 13
7---1'07.833---4---GTP_Duck (Replay Needed)
user118395pic1573412914.gif

14--1'07.939---0---GTP_Insatiable (Replay Needed)

1---1'08.040---10---GTP_Hasslemoff (Replay Needed)

All nice laps guys 👍

13--1'07.925---0---GTP_Barra (Replay Needed) raising this for a steward to review please as it appears there are three wheels off the road in the tunnel. Datalogger is clean so there is no wall contact. Will add a picture in a minute. Sorry Barra :ill:

EDIT: here's the picture, would be very happy for someone to prove me wrong and green flag the lap for GTP_Barra. As I've said, I don't believe there to be contact on the other side as the speed trace in the data logger is clean. Thanks

Last edited:

13--1'07.925---0---GTP_Barra (Replay Needed) raising this for a steward to review please as it appears there are three wheels off the road in the tunnel. Datalogger is clean so there is no wall contact. Will add a picture in a minute. Sorry Barra :ill:

EDIT: here's the picture, would be very happy for someone to prove me wrong and green flag the lap for GTP_Barra. As I've said, I don't believe there to be contact on the other side as the speed trace in the data logger is clean. Thanks

I don't have PAL, but several of the other admins do.

It might help to get an angle that's straight down the line of the curb, as this one looks like it might be angled toward the car, so depth perception comes into play.

Another that might help is the view from the top of the car. If concrete is visible outside that tire from there, I'm afraid it's dirty. It only while paint on tarmac is visible from there, it has a chance.

I checked the replay too and it is very close. I think it's clean but I'm not 100% sure either. Here are two pictures from a different angle.

Thanks - I've brought this one to the attention of the PAL admins and I think we'll need to have one of them also take a look at the replay before we know which way to go.

It's very close, that's for sure.

Oh, sorry to cause an issue guys.:dunce:
When I was inspecting it myself, I used a low angle straight down the white line from behind. Every frame I checked had some rubber at least hanging over the line.

Viper's shots certainly look a little more promising than mine Barra, so fingers crossed. I was concerned because the shadow from the tyre doesn't fall on the line, but I guess that be down to the direction of the light source. Unfortunately it's my sons 2nd Birthday party in a little over 2 hours, so I can't get back to the PS3 yet to try and get some more shots, sorry. Can you share the pictures you took Barra?

Crazy winning laptime from w-g-e :bowdown: Congrats mate! 👍
Solid results all over the board and divisions! Congrats guys :cheers:

👍 @ Jake pipping me by .001 ya bugger :sly: and Chuk most of D2 pushing me farther down the table :dopey: Nice work chaps! Excellent week for D2 :cheers:

Here's my non required but habitual replay... was tricky but fun! Cheers 👍

Attachments

• Mr P WRS 46.rar
    206.6 KB · Views: 10
Mr P - just noticed that your signature says that you are "D1 OLD" - freudian slip maybe? :sly:

No offence intended :cheers:

Replay as requested. Congrats to All Podiums! Hey Nine great race, Iddeldoo I just had to get close, You were way up in the Div 3's, so thanks for the push!

Last edited by a moderator:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/28/gtpbarrawrswk46.jpg/

We've discussed across the admin team and determined this is clean, but as close as it gets.

We would appreciate all participants working to turn in laps that are unquestionably clean, so that the replays don't require this degree of scrutiny.

13--1'07.925---0---GTP_Barra

EDK
We've discussed across the admin team and determined this is clean, but as close as it gets.

We would appreciate all participants working to turn in laps that are unquestionably clean, so that the replays don't require this degree of scrutiny.

13--1'07.925---0---GTP_Barra

Excellent news 👍 thanks Kev (and presumably Speedy/Max as PAL region stewards).

Nice lap then Barra :cheers:

Congrats to all the podium finishes.

Here is my PAL replay

Cheers All

Attachments

• GTP_Iddledoo Week 46 PAL Replay.zip
    209.9 KB · Views: 13
Just noticed, my replay is needed. Wasn't expecting that. I will get it probably get it on in the next 12 hours or so.

I was suprised to see I fell so much in t3, thought it was pretty good. Still very close though.
Really impressed with the competition.

Is there an aftermarket turbo button that the aliens mount on their wheel or something? Those times seem absolutely impossible too me. Amazing.

Edit: Just looked again, only fell one spot. Better than my average final split.

Last edited:
Here's my replay.

Attachments

• WRS week 46 NTSC.zip
    207.7 KB · Views: 10
Replay attached.

Attachments

• AUSnicko9_WRS46.zip
    207.1 KB · Views: 11
1---1'08.585---9---GTP_RaceRyder

Clean lap and times/specs match. Nice lap Dale, very smooth. Did you do that little downshift to second at the apex of 2 on purpose to keep the car tight on the turn? If so you never shared that trick with me. :lol: Your lines were nice and smooth. I think you could have gone deeper coming out of the tunnel and final turn for a later apex. Also on the final turn your min speed could be maintained a little higher with a little throttle before you get back in it full, but if your name isn't Wes that applies to all of us.

19--1'08.091---0---GTP_Gravitron

Clean lap and times/specs match. Thanks for all the tips this week when I was down in the dumps on this combo. Your first two turns and final turn were very good IMO. Entrance and exit of the tunnel was where you lost the most time. More cutting on grass and better entry angle into the tunnel would eliminate that slide and give you more speed through the entire tunnel. You broke late on exit of the tunnel, but still cut in too early to set up the next section. A little further straight under braking and turn in tighter would gain you time all the way until the final turn. Check out the lap by Wes who did this to the extreme... at least he did it when he was practicing for the online race and his results were good. Someone mentioned a tip on the thread to get in partial throttle at or even before apex and full throttle as soon as you were straight and that really helped me.

3---1'07.555---4---GTP_RedReevos

Clean lap and times/specs match. Nice lap to watch. I'm not about to give you any advice, but I'd appreciate yours. :sly:

11--1'07.886---0---GTPcats_pajamas

Clean lap and times/specs match. Very similar to my lap in splits and total time. Seems like your shift point was earlier, but it didn't seem to impact the speed looking at the data logger. I see you went with 3rd in the final turn. I tried that a little, but I could maintain more speed through apex in 2nd with the engine braking and partial throttle versus coasting in 3rd (in my laps).

Last edited:
Back