GTP_WRS Week 47: Fish, Chips, and Geishas

• Thread starter roamer2629
  • 270 comments
Working on it. I’m going super duper obscure replica.

edd780db77a948bbfa8bcaf12c319182.jpg

1966 Le Mans 24 hour Essex Wire Racing Ickx/Neerpasch, chassis P1001

Who doesn’t love old school

I need to be the guy that asks for help again.

Turn 1 I’m there or there abouts.
Turn 2 is weird, is it a short brake and then sharp in?
Hairpin is the hairpin and I know I need be better at trail braking here.
The next chicane I have no idea, no matter what I do I lose time.ive tried slow in, skidding in, fast in, nada
Rest of the lap isn’t so bad.

Thanks for any help.

A minuscule reduction in time with a very, very slight improvement at the line. I am starting to find the flow here (as @dranddad likes to say :)) as low .3 are coming regularly in sector 1 - just not on this lap. I am so close to my target time but I need to find .3 by Monday or I will be, in the words of the late & great Tom Petty, Free fallin', I'm-a free fallin'...:lol:

:cheers:

The next chicane I have no idea, no matter what I do I lose time.ive tried slow in, skidding in, fast in, nada

Thanks for any help.

Turn 2 4th gear, tap on the brakes, cut the apex.
Enter the chicane early downshift to 4th, use the rumbles.

Thanks for any help.

For turn 1 I stay in 5th to the corner and brake on the kink in the painted line on entry. Two down shifts and turning in, I lift to half braking and shift down to take a late apex and commit to full power as soon as possible. If you run out to the kerb on exit then you are probably powering on or apexing too soon.

Turn 2 and I’m on the kerb on entry and jab the brake and shift down to 3rd. I’m looking to brake between the double cones and before the white flash on the left track edge. I keep two wheels on the track over the first part of the chicane and aim to get the car turning left and run two wheels over the left kerb and hug the kerb on exit. 3rd or 4th is marginal but the extra rotation in third helps keep the car left.

For the hairpin the temptation is to turn in too early. Brake straight and ease-off the brake for rotation.

For the tricky bit, I’m over the crest in 5th, lifting for the turning in I shift down and run the kerb on the right. Brake in a straight line on the kerb and flick in to the left kerb; keep two wheels on the track. Flick right and power on.

Try powering on late here to get the drive out and build confidence. 👍

Thanks for any help.
Don't feel bad for asking help. We're here to help eachother. I see Dan already gave you some pointers. Also for others who might hesitate to ask. we rather have you ask one to many that leave you out there in frustration.

Man will I be happy to forget this one. Great combo but I just don’t seem to have got any better despite many laps!

Turn 2 will remain a mystery to me. No matter my interpretation of “tap on the brakes” I end up in the barriers every time.

On to the GT40 with a very empty wallet now.

Replay checking time and of course my fastest lap is dirty even though the ghost of the lap that I have been following looked good...:grumpy::grumpy::grumpy: On top of that, I don't feel the flow at all today unable to keep up with my dirty ghost, let alone beat it...sigh! :indiff: The above splits have a slow last sector to boot...oh well, this week started with such promise but I was unable to bring it home.

Submitted and accepted with zero desire to try again...off to purchase the GT 40 after I sell three of my Lambos and put @hirnsauger69 impressive livery on it! 👍👍

GLA

:gtpflag: :cheers: :gtpflag:

Ok I found some time finally.

Just want to check though. As long as any bit of tyre is on what is considered track i’m ok? There’s one dubious bit but I’ve been through it frame by frame and there is a tyre (albeit a very very small bit of the tyre) on the track

If it complies with the instruction in the OP then it's fine...look at the pictures in the OP ;)

Ok I found some time finally.

Just want to check though. As long as any bit of tyre is on what is considered track i’m ok? There’s one dubious bit but I’ve been through it frame by frame and there is a tyre (albeit a very very small bit of the tyre) on the track

Should be by the sound of it, as long as there are two tyres touching track at all times, I'm sure if you lob a screenshot up you'll get a definitive answer :cheers:

Back