GTP_WRS Week 47 : Mazda RX-8 @ Daytona Road

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 67 comments
I had another run today and found a lineup that gave me a best lap of 1:56.722, but the other 2 laps were so slow that my total race time was slower.

I have submitted with the best lap I have on the leaderboard.

This week has been challenging, exciting and frustrating, but most of all for me, it has been a lot of fun trying to outwit the AI.

Thanks Sjaak, for the effort you put in to try keep the WRS fresh. :cheers:

Fresh back from vacation, I took another shot at this one - took many tries but came up with a clean race and my new personal best laptime of:

1'58.896

Probably going to submit with that and move on to next week.

I tried many times on Friday night to get a clean run but it just wasn't happening. Sorry to all, a big fail from me on this week's WRS so I clearly need more practise racing the mad AI cleanly.

All the best
Maz

Submitted with a slower fastest lap, and couldn't get the lineup I wanted to pull the faster times:(
1'59.845

I tried many times on Friday night to get a clean run but it just wasn't happening. Sorry to all, a big fail from me on this week's WRS so I clearly need more practise racing the mad AI cleanly.

All the best
Maz

Don't feel bad, I think these are actually the most challenging of the WRS events. What I found last night is that it wasn't always best to be the fastest through a particular sector because it often put you in a bad spot later on. You really had to find a good lineup and then decide how you were going to drive through it - and then spend over 6 minutes at a time (sorry, I'm giving away a little bit there but I seriously doubt anyone did a race in under 6 minutes "cleanly" :lol: ) fitting your car through in the fastest possible way.

I had to watch my replay at least 4 times from several different vantage points to insure it was clean. I have a close call at the end of lap 2 with a Lotus and then in the infield of lap 3 a Clio literally comes within a hair's width of my bumper.

I'm going to submit now with the latest time that I posted last night - no way I'm doing this again before the deadline with the M3 @ Fuji waiting for me instead.

Submitted Race with a final fast lap of: 2'01.125

i was away for the weekend so i did not get as much time on this combo, i ran for the last 3 hours and saw a fast lap of 1"59.0xx but the lotus's kept screwing everything up i could not get a clean lap and ran out of time

Back