GTP_WRS Week 5 : WRS 11th Anniversay Event - 1(11) Yea(R)s

  • Thread starter Thread starter EDK
  • 717 comments
  • 63,153 views
Been traveling for work and this is my first crack at it...great combo! Fun!! I am going (only about a year in truth) back to my rookie league tutorial on this track from twissy on how to navigate these turns....

15.925
41.392
1:03.425
 
Last edited:
Whoops, forgot the colon in split 3. I was in second place on the leaderboard.....yeah, I took a screen shot before I corrected it......
 
15.925
41.392
1:03.425

Great improvement in 4th, slower in 1st and second. Now to put it all together.....Isnt that the general idea?:dopey:

16.184
41.467
103.067
 
Last edited:
At last a run with improved splits and lap. Love this combo and the Elise on idle just burbling !

T1: 16.684
T2: 43.034
T3: 1'05.200

Thanks to WillRacer31 for the tune
 
Had another half hour session and couldn't get within 0.8 of my best lap...I'm satisfied my submission is the best I can muster 👍 Good luck to those already in front of me and to all those behind me...stop racing! ;)
 
Quick 1 hour session as it's been manic Friday for me .



T1 15.556
T2 40.483
T3 1'01.712

Had a 0.030 gain at the line but lost at least 0.150 with avery twitchy car in last chicane .
 
At last a run with improved splits and lap. Love this combo and the Elise on idle just burbling !

T1: 16.684
T2: 43.034
T3: 1'05.200

Thanks to WillRacer31 for the tune
No problem dude but scrap my gear setup and go with vagabond's gears a few pages back they are much better
 
15.733
40.800
1'02.233

A little slower splits but 0.2 down at the line.

And that is me done for the week. The G27 just died - the whole wheel broke off, there is only the paddles and some electronics left :yuck:

I really tried, did a 15.6 S1 only holding the paddles. But there are too many misshifts in the rest of the track.

Anyway I have been thinking of some Fanatec upgrade for a long time, now it has to be. Which one do you think I should get?

I recently broke my G27 and replaced it with the GT3RS with CSR Elite pedals and I couldn't be happier. Fanatec has a package deal for 259 euros for wheel and pedals. There's also an adapter cable for G27 pedals if you just want the wheel, but as much as I like the G27 pedals, the CSR Elites are much better. I know the CSW is a better wheel, but it's several times the price, and I'm really pleased with the feel from the GT3RS. As far as I can tell, there's really only two grades of wheel from Fanatec, single motor and dual motor, the other differences being compatibility and features. If you've got the money go CSW, but for value on PS3 and PC games the GT3RS is the best imho. 👍
 
No problem dude but scrap my gear setup and go with vagabond's gears a few pages back they are much better

Thanks I'll try that, however, I probably did the "tranny trick" method where you close all the gears up (1st up as far as it'll go, top down as far as it'll go, then equalise other gears in space between 1st and top), then set the top speed with final drive.
 
It's been a while, but I will try to get back into this TT slowly...

16.300
41.783
1'03.800

Around 0.8s at the line. Trying different tunes... so many to choose from! I, too, find it just about impossible to go flat out the whole way from s/f to the first tunnel.
 
I recently broke my G27 and replaced it with the GT3RS with CSR Elite pedals and I couldn't be happier. Fanatec has a package deal for 259 euros for wheel and pedals. There's also an adapter cable for G27 pedals if you just want the wheel, but as much as I like the G27 pedals, the CSR Elites are much better. I know the CSW is a better wheel, but it's several times the price, and I'm really pleased with the feel from the GT3RS. As far as I can tell, there's really only two grades of wheel from Fanatec, single motor and dual motor, the other differences being compatibility and features. If you've got the money go CSW, but for value on PS3 and PC games the GT3RS is the best imho. 👍
Thanks! Great overview.

I will have to get pedals too because they are worn down too.

Off to go shopping then :)
 
So, another 0.35s at the line, with a different tune.

16.033
41.583
1'03.500
 
Slower 1st and 2nd sectors but faster 3rd. I'll take it! For now...

15.712
40.895
1'02.462

Tomorrow I put it all together. Tonight I do laps in my sleep. Arrrrgh!
 
The missus had a friend over to visit and I was bored, so had another go just for fun, and then these popped up!

15.602
40.519
1'01.735

Guess I'm not done yet.
 
hi my split is
why im not in leaderboard ?!

16.317
42.583
1'04.367
 
Looks like I've got work to do again...back to 3rd in Div 3! Not happy with that at all :p.

Anyway, as promised, here is the latest tune I have been using. It is pretty close to the previous tune I posted with some aero and suspension adjustments. It will easily allow full speed through Sector 1 and is good in the braking zones...needs a little car on acceleration. I am using a DS3 with the face buttons and auto gears and a 15.4 S1 and 1.01.9 S3 split are achievable at least so a better driver than me could probably go even faster. Hope it helps:

Suspension:

RH: 105/110
SR: 7.20/11.65
D(C): 4/5
D(E): 4/5
ARB: 5/5
TOE: -0.20/-0.10

Brakes: 8/5

Gears:

Final to 6.000, then slider to 112mph
1st: 2.939
2nd: 2.178
3rd: 1.790
4th: 1.457
5th: 1.179
6th: 0.945
FG: 5.000

LSD: 8/20/16

Aero: 200/480
 
Looks like an alien invasion has taken over Div 2. :crazy:

Indeed there has! It is a very strange week.....emphasised by myself only being 8 tenths off 1st place :eek:. That is just crazy

@Killermiller24 : I would definitely recommend trying different lines as the most obvious line isn't always the fastest. Also play with braking zones as I have found sometimes you can brake a lot less than what you think you should (or at least I have found that) and put the accelerator down earlier.....for example, coming to the tunnel at the end of Sector 1, I just hit the brakes for a fraction before releasing and accelerating and that has allowed me to go from a 15.7 to a 15.5 and, hopefully, a 15.4
 
T1: 15.784
T2: 41.050
T3: 1'02.484


IN other news, finally managed to open up my pedals today and give them a clean. First time I've risked opening an electronic device of importance to me and guess what, it works! :dopey:
 
Looks like I've got work to do again...back to 3rd in Div 3! Not happy with that at all :p.

Anyway, as promised, here is the latest tune I have been using. It is pretty close to the previous tune I posted with some aero and suspension adjustments. It will easily allow full speed through Sector 1 and is good in the braking zones...needs a little car on acceleration. I am using a DS3 with the face buttons and auto gears and a 15.4 S1 and 1.01.9 S3 split are achievable at least so a better driver than me could probably go even faster. Hope it helps:

Suspension:

RH: 105/110
SR: 7.20/11.65
D(C): 4/5
D(E): 4/5
ARB: 5/5
TOE: -0.20/-0.10

Brakes: 8/5

Gears:

Final to 6.000, then slider to 112mph
1st: 2.939
2nd: 2.178
3rd: 1.790
4th: 1.457
5th: 1.179
6th: 0.945
FG: 5.000

LSD: 8/20/16

Aero: 200/480
THANK YOU 👍 :D
 
I'm not seeing your username in the Registry which would be why your splits are not showing. Have you completed the Registry Qualifier?

yes i did the qualifier and the robot accepted it but maybe it is not updated !
 
yes i did the qualifier and the robot accepted it but maybe it is not updated !

How long ago did you do the qualifier? It can take a couple of weeks to be checked etc so if you have only done it recently, then that would explain it. If it was a while ago, then maybe message one of the moderators and ask them
 
Back