GTP_WRS Week 5 : WRS 11th Anniversay Event - 1(11) Yea(R)s

  • Thread starter Thread starter EDK
  • 717 comments
  • 63,136 views
Turned ABS off, found .033 at split 3

16.017
40.900
1'02.200


Suspension
99/88
6.66/12.21
2/1
2/2
4/3
0/0
0.12/0.12

BB 1/0

Gears
3.893
2.886
2.330
1.995
1.724
1.494
Final 3.210

LSD
5/55/5

Downforce
200/500
 
Woops. Wrong split

15.517
40.383
1'01.633
While I don't wish to appear ignorant, its well known that I am not generally so far off the pace, particularly on a track I know so well with a car I enjoy, so I have to ask... how the 🤬 is everyone going so fast???
 
While I don't wish to appear ignorant, its well known that I am not generally so far off the pace, particularly on a track I know so well with a car I enjoy, so I have to ask... how the 🤬 is everyone going so fast???

I took a second look at your tune, and I highly recommend removing all the camber.
 
I took a second look at your tune, and I highly recommend removing all the camber.

Yea isn't that a known 'bug' that if you put all the camber at zero the car handles better?


Jerome
 
Before I start my evening session, thought I would share my thoughts on the Elise, and my thought is:

Driving on only 2 wheels doesn't slow you down! As i found yesterday afternoon when my fastest lap of that session was preceded by this in the start/finish straight:

Elise 111R@Trial Mountain.jpg
 
@ItsAllAboutWins nice user title. ;)

@Vagabond, not sure about everyone else, but I was waiting to see if you noticed about the camber from the moment you posted your splits... :p
 
:dunce: Gods, what a moron.
 
Not known by me... and so the appearance of ignorance is inevitable. :dopey: *shakes sand off head*

And I was hoping that I was in a Twilight Zone episode.

"Let's venture now, into a world where slow drivers are fast and the fast are slow...."



Jerome
 
Bit better splits and overall major chunk of time at the line

16.144
41.833
1'03.712

Will give @doodlemonoply tune a bash tomorrow and see if I can master t2, I'm sure there is half a second there.
 
While I don't wish to appear ignorant, its well known that I am not generally so far off the pace, particularly on a track I know so well with a car I enjoy, so I have to ask... how the 🤬 is everyone going so fast???

You're slipping Chris :P I uploaded a replay to YouTube of the first 3 sectors. Is it okay to post it here?
 
You're slipping Chris :p I uploaded a replay to YouTube of the first 3 sectors. Is it okay to post it here?
No, I'm afraid that isn't ok. We've allowed 1st sector videos to help get people started but all 3 is stretching it too far I'm sorry.
 
15.565
40.498
1'01.831

A sluggish T3 but gained 7 hundredths at the line. Ruined a 1:01.5xx T3 the very next lap. :banghead:
 
16.541
41.908
1'03.691

This is odd...I can see that I have the right line, and seem to be being smooth enough, but the damn car just won't go fast enough to get me under 16 in the first sector. I can carry the whole first sector flat out, until the downshift for the first tunnel. Maddening.
 
Another 8 hundredths at the line:

15.600
40.516
1'01.716
 
Fetchy dropped the ball, lets try again

16.017
40.900
1'02.200

This is odd...I can see that I have the right line, and seem to be being smooth enough, but the damn car just won't go fast enough to get me under 16 in the first sector. I can carry the whole first sector flat out, until the downshift for the first tunnel. Maddening.

Same here. I am matching sector times with the top guys, but I'm half a second slower on first split
 
15.481
40.198
1'01.631

Got really nervous in sector 3 after seeing that T2 split, and flopped it to only gain .02 at the line. :ouch:
 
15.464
40.231
1'01.531

A tenth improvement at the line. Still looking for another two tenths, all in T3. :dunce:
 
Got about 10 laps in. Car feels really good just need more time on the track to get it right. Lots of room for improvement.

16.769
42.619
1'04.586
 
Well, that's interesting. I can't wait until they get all these bugs worked out so I can just tune my car without having to worry about whether I know about the latest glitch.

Agreed.
 
Another session of 25 laps and I've managed to take 0.4 off my previous best still not completely happy with my tune getting oversteer mid corner

T1 15.775
T2 40.808
T3 1:02.108
 
Had an annoying freeze today. Still much to do here as usual.

16.664
43.047
1'05.381

I had forgotten about that bug, since I tend to drive on street suspension. 👍
 
More than a second at the line and thus new splits

17.100
43.883
1'06.466
 
Having a bit of trouble setting the gears up as per the tunes people have posted?? Ive set the speed and the final gear but i cant set the gears. Am i missing something?
:dunce:
 
Back