GTP_WRS Week 50 : Dodge Viper GTS '02 @ Eiger Nordwand reverse

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 154 comments
I don't know if I really want to have a go at this one, great car and horrible track that I totally suck at.:nervous:

I don't know if I really want to have a go at this one, great car and horrible track that I totally suck at.:nervous:

And the point of WRS, to get better at hard things. I hate this track too, but its rewarding with a fast lap! :cheers:

I guess this is just as hard for everyone else as it is for moi :cheers:

second session

T1 10.912
T2 30.745

Cheers 👍
monoha

I don't know if I really want to have a go at this one, great car and horrible track that I totally suck at.
I love the track and hate the car - funny :)

Last edited:
This is one of those weeks where any ghost I use for initial practice pulls away from me at the line like I'm standing still - that's when I know I have a long haul in front of me. :lol:

I'm already 40 laps in with not much to report - I'll post back when I have something meaningful.

Hi Guys, I'm new to GTP and WRS. I've submitted a time last week, but didn't have time to put down a good time. This week I hope to pull of a better time.

About this weeks WRS; I love the combo, it's excellent practice for car control. I was really struggling in my first session, spinning and crashing all the time. My best splits we're only 11.4, 31.9 but now i'm starting to get it. I just started racing on professional mode when I joined GTP, so it's still quiet a challenge.

My second splits:

But there is still lots of improvement possible, especially in the last sector. Although some of you guys are already a second faster in the second section :scared: Very well done.

Last edited:
Hi Guys, I'm new to GTP and WRS. I've submitted a time last week, but didn't have time to put down a good time. This week I hope to pull of a better time.

About this weeks WRS; I love the combo, it's excellent practice for car control. I was really struggling in my first session, spinning and crashing all the time. My best splits we're only 11.4, 31.9 but now i'm starting to get it. I just started racing on professional mode when I joined GTP, so it's still quiet a challenge.

My second splits:

But there is still lots of improvement possible, especially in the last sector. Although some of you guys are already a second faster in the second section :scared: Very well done.

Welcome to WRS mate, and well done on those good splits :cheers: You've come to the right place and in the weeks and months to come you'll see the improvements come one after the next, especially as you are starting on a challenging combo to say the least.

All the best
Maz

My second splits:

Welcome to the WRS and the Registry my fellow countryman 👍 This is a great breeding ground and by the looks of it, you're getting the hang of it as well :) Good luck.

My second splits:

Hey !

I'm in the same boat, D3 silver mate !

Just got my G25 (3 weeks). Before that it was the pad/automatic/standard physics combo :dopey:.
So this Viper is quiet a challenge :scared:
But each new run is an improvement ! 👍

Hi guys, I'm on my first WRS and I did a very good time for myself but then I watched my replay and noticed that my PSN ID wasn't indicated at the beginning and at the end of the video. I don't know, can I submit it even if there's that problem and if not, how can I resolve it ? Because I know I have to race offline so...

Thanks

Hi guys, I'm on my first WRS and I did a very good time for myself but then I watched my replay and noticed that my PSN ID wasn't indicated at the beginning and at the end of the video. I don't know, can I submit it even if there's that problem and if not, how can I resolve it ? Because I know I have to race offline so...

Thanks

Don't worry about your PSN ID showing up or not.
This week we are to run offline.
That is why your ID doesn't show up, that's all.

Don't worry about your PSN ID showing up or not.
This week we are to run offline.
That is why your ID doesn't show up, that's all.

OK thanks a lot, I was a bit worried :D

For now, my best splits are those

Last edited:
Hey guys now I'm really proud, I just did a second spot T1 :sly:

Wow, great splits man! :cheers: Glad to see another strong competitor joining us for WRS :) Too bad they're dropping in like flies now :lol: :scared:

GT5P feel might odd after weeks of NFS Shift... like driving on ice with no steering feedback at all :lol:

Fun combo once you get the feel for it...

T1 10.578 (best 10.423)
T2 29.946 (best 29.804)

T3 will be where this is won or lost I guess... the hairpins are tricky to get spot on.

New improvements:

I am starting to figure out what this car wants. And she means business.....

T1 10.526
T2 29.834

This looks like a very fun combo, I love the viper but I suck at eiger:tdown:

I will have a go tomorrow after my driving test :scared: (in real life :lol:)

Jack.

This looks like a very fun combo, I love the viper but I suck at eiger:tdown:

I will have a go tomorrow after my driving test :scared: (in real life :lol:)

Jack.

Good luck tomorrow 👍

Looks like I'm going to take a beating here. I'm not going to be able to sharpen my game until friday, so :dopey:

I would just like to know the reason why this WRS is done offline. I have no problem with it, that's by curiosity.

I would just like to know the reason why this WRS is done offline. I have no problem with it, that's by curiosity.

It is done offline so we don't know what your final time is, that's all.

Next week have a crack at top spot. 👍

I don't know to be honest. The T3 guessing game is fun to an extent, but in the end we (at least I do) still go for the best lap time possible, regardless of who's posting what for T2. I personally rather see the Arcade TT's done online, as the competitors would be rewarded much more for their time and effort (name on the leaderboard...which is something to be proud of)...AND more importantly, this would bring A LOT of recognition to GTPlanet and the quality of drivers we have around here. Right now I just feel like we're losing out in a lot of ways by not doing this TT's online :nervous: IMO doing them ONLINE greatly outweighs the benefits of doing them OFFLINE, for several reasons. I personally joined GTPlanet after seeing several GTP tags on the Arcade TT leaderboards, which ended up with me doing a search on google for these specific drivers, which of course led me to where I am now :)

I'm sure Kazunori Yamauchi (GT creator) takes a look at the TT leaderboards quite often, and I'm sure if he saw complete domination by the GTPlanet drivers he would probably spend more time hawking the GTPlanet forums :sly: At least I would think 💡

I'd also like to add that in the last TT (Swift @ London Reverse) we pretty much would have taken over the top 10 (minus two spots or so) leaderboard w/o using the clutch! I think that would be pretty cool to see a leaderboard flooded with GTP drivers 👍

Maybe this can all be changed sometime soon, especially if we have a vote by a good majority of the GTP Registrants 💡 Hopefully some of the gentlemen involved with running the WRS and the GTP Registry will take such ideas into consideration.

Sure that's to keep the T3 split as a surprise but when the online is "turned on", wouldn't the race be more like a real? I mean we know the time so we can push ourselves to another level and become faster and faster and like timeattack said, fill up the top spots in the online rankings...

Anyway, here is a WRS 50 thread :lol:

Sure that's to keep the T3 split as a surprise but ...... I mean we know the time so we can push ourselves to another level .......and like timeattack said, fill up the top spots in the online rankings...

Anyway, here is a WRS 50 thread :lol:

The point is to push yourself to your limit, not someone else's.

Like I said, next week take a crack at top spot.
Maybe I should have said, #1 on the online leaderboard.
This option has always been available.

The final time has always been secret here in the WRS.
The current qualifier is actually a fluke circumstance.

I don't know to be honest. The T3 guessing game is fun to an extent, but in the end we (at least I do) still go for the best lap time possible, regardless of who's posting what for T2. I personally rather see the Arcade TT's done online, as the competitors would be rewarded much more for their time and effort (name on the leaderboard...which is something to be proud of)...AND more importantly, this would bring A LOT of recognition to GTPlanet and the quality of drivers we have around here. Right now I just feel like we're losing out in a lot of ways by not doing this TT's online :nervous: IMO doing them ONLINE greatly outweighs the benefits of doing them OFFLINE, for several reasons. I personally joined GTPlanet after seeing several GTP tags on the Arcade TT leaderboards, which ended up with me doing a search on google for these specific drivers, which of course led me to where I am now :)

I'm sure Kazunori Yamauchi (GT creator) takes a look at the TT leaderboards quite often, and I'm sure if he saw complete domination by the GTPlanet drivers he would probably spend more time hawking the GTPlanet forums :sly: At least I would think 💡

I'd also like to add that in the last TT (Swift @ London Reverse) we pretty much would have taken over the top 10 (minus two spots or so) leaderboard w/o using the clutch! I think that would be pretty cool to see a leaderboard flooded with GTP drivers 👍

Maybe this can all be changed sometime soon, especially if we have a vote by a good majority of the GTP Registrants 💡 Hopefully some of the gentlemen involved with running the WRS and the GTP Registry will take such ideas into consideration.

I am with you. I would rather put the scores online. I see a lot of other tags on the Time Trials, it would be nice to get a good GTP domination going on each track we go to.

ALthough, I don't want to see another Enhance Your Skills atmosphere. That would be my number 1 fear. That was too ugly at times. So thats my thoughts.

Back