GTP_WRS Week 50 : Dodge Viper GTS '02 @ Eiger Nordwand reverse

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 154 comments
I am with you. I would rather put the scores online. I see a lot of other tags on the Time Trials, it would be nice to get a good GTP domination going on each track we go to.

ALthough, I don't want to see another Enhance Your Skills atmosphere. That would be my number 1 fear. That was too ugly at times. So thats my thoughts.

:lol: Well I think that was due to other obvious reasons though, unrelated to doing the TT online in particular. I think those who took part in the EYS TT's know what irritating individuals I'm speaking of 💡 :lol:

The point is to push yourself to your limit, not someone else's.

Your limit is YOUR limit though...if you set a goal above what is realistic for yourself, then that is a great way to push yourself to improve. You should always push yourself to do YOUR best...the other times on the board are just for reference, regardless of what you're capable of.

Like I said, next week take a crack at top spot.
Maybe I should have said, #1 on the online leaderboard.
This option has always been available.

And how long can that take though? Sometimes a bit of luck is hard/impossible to duplicate

The final time has always been secret here in the WRS.
The current qualifier is actually a fluke circumstance.

Last edited:
:lol: Well I think that was due to other obvious reasons though, unrelated to doing the TT online in particular. I think those who took part in the EYS TT's know what irritating individuals I'm speaking of 💡 :lol:

WHO????? 👍 :yuck:

Hopefully some of the gentlemen involved with running the WRS and the GTP Registry will take such ideas into consideration.

I'll leave it at taken into consideration.

We have had some events that allowed for online laps, and it will be considered for future events.

The WRS, on the whole, will maintain the same basic principles.

Consider week 49.

3---1'02.565---GTP_timeattack

I'm betting at least one of these gentlemen would have taken your podium, with the knowledge of your actual laptime. ;)

4---1'02.569---GTP_aussienicko
5---1'02.571---GTP_PASM
6---1'02.577---GTP_spyrrari1
7---1'02.578---GTP_Mr_P
8---1'02.586---GTP_Manuelos
9---1'02.589---GTP_Animera

That bit of unknown sure makes for some interesting results. 👍

EDK
I'll leave it at taken into consideration.

We have had some events that allowed for online laps, and it will be considered for future events.

The WRS, on the whole, will maintain the same basic principles.

Consider week 49.

3---1'02.565---GTP_timeattack

I'm betting at least one of these gentlemen would have taken your podium, with the knowledge of your actual laptime. ;)

4---1'02.569---GTP_aussienicko
5---1'02.571---GTP_PASM
6---1'02.577---GTP_spyrrari1
7---1'02.578---GTP_Mr_P
8---1'02.586---GTP_Manuelos
9---1'02.589---GTP_Animera

That bit of unknown sure makes for some interesting results. 👍

Well if the lap times were posted throughout the week they would have likely been more encouraged to do better, which is what these events and TT's SHOULD be about. I would have tried to return the favor of course :sly: Nothing wrong with a bit of friendly competition throughout the week :)

"That bit of unknown sure makes for some interesting results"

I completely agree, but again I think we're losing out by not doing these laps online, not only for each individual driver, but for GTPlanet on the whole in regards to the recognition we COULD be recieving as a GT community...which IMO is a far greater loss than the simple "element of suprise" that we use every week, even for the rare oppurtunity we get to do Arcade TT's as a friendly group within WRS. I think for any event other than a Arcade TT we should just keep the current format of only posting up to T2, as these events (arcade race, freerun) don't have proper GT leaderboards anyway. Just my 2 cents though...

Last edited:

:nervous:...please don't remind me...:irked:

:lol:

spyrrari.

I agree with the online idea, I think promoting gtplanet in any possible way is a good thing, and what a perfect way to do just that by suffocating the leaderboards with GTP tags;)

Awesome T1 split AussieNicko! Really, really awesome, best I've seen is a high .4, but I do focus on exit speed there each lap, so I avoid using the grass on entry.

Last edited:
Well if the lap times were posted throughout the week they would have likely been more encouraged to do better, which is what these events and TT's SHOULD be about. I would have tried to return the favor of course :sly: Nothing wrong with a bit of friendly competition throughout the week :)

I completely agree, but again I think we're losing out by not doing these laps online, not only for each individual driver, but for GTPlanet on the whole in regards to the recognition we COULD be recieving as a GT community...which IMO is a far greater loss than the simple "element of suprise" that we use every week, even for the rare oppurtunity we get to do Arcade TT's as a friendly group within WRS. I think for any event other than a Arcade TT we should just keep the current format of only posting up to T2, as these events (arcade race, freerun) don't have proper GT leaderboards anyway. Just my 2 cents though...

If the WRS was to ever run online using the leaderboards, this would throw up a few issues:

• First of all, maybe some competitors do not want the rest of the field to know what their final laptime is. This can be a tactical factor, so you might consider making it optional whether you do it online or not.
  • Secondly, if you see a stack of mega fast laptimes on the leaderboard from fellow competitors and you are struggling, that can be quite disheartening. I'm sure you will agree a significant amount of speed can come from confidence and psychological approach and mindset to hotlapping or racing as a whole. Sometimes when the last split is hidden, it can motivate others to believe their final split could be better and there's still a chance to net a surprise result.

All the best
Maz

If the WRS was to ever run online using the leaderboards, this would throw up a few issues:

• First of all, maybe some competitors do not want the rest of the field to know what their final laptime is. This can be a tactical factor, so you might consider making it optional whether you do it online or not.]

This is exactly what I was going to mention 👍 :cheers: I really think having the option to do your time online should be up to each individual driver. I only see it as being beneficial to those who don't want to do their times online, as they are the ones who gain the advantage by keeping their T3 hidden. In the end, I believe it would be a win/win situation for both parties and GTPlanet.

• Secondly, if you see a stack of mega fast laptimes on the leaderboard from fellow competitors and you are struggling, that can be quite disheartening. I'm sure you will agree a significant amount of speed can come from confidence and psychological approach and mindset to hotlapping or racing as a whole. Sometimes when the last split is hidden, it can motivate others to believe their final split could be better and there's still a chance to net a surprise result.

Not sure if I agree with that...yes mindset always plays a factor in hotlapping or racing, but you should ALWAYS have the mindset that you can squeeze out a bit more...so doing your absolute best should be your only option regardless of who's doing what as far as times...at least IMO. And if you can't beat another driver fair and square, then let the results speak for themselves...if the other driver tops another then those are the deserving results 💡

All the best
Maz

Awesome T1 split AussieNicko! Really, really awesome, best I've seen is a high .4, but I do focus on exit speed there each lap, so I avoid using the grass on entry.

I was wondering if thats where you make up your speed. This car gets all upset if you drop the tires. Are you braking WAY early and then lining up the car just right to nail the throttle? Because I can honestly see myself doing a .4xx there, but I don't see where its going to help my lap time. Because to do it, I have to feather all the way off.

Completely agree so make it 4 cents!

Have we ever done a WRS where T1 or T2 were the winner for the week instead of the final lap time? With only the top 10 replays shown everyone elses T1 and T2 would be a secret that week so maybe that would make for an interesting event while allowing us to flood the leaderboard. :)

EDIT: My wish is that PD would let you have a Private/Public setting on all your TT's so we could mark them Private during or WRS and then just go in and flip the flag to Public after the event ends and move your time onto the leaderboard. Man I hope PD reads this stuff because that would be SO easy to implement.

Last edited:
Tiny improvement at T2, but much better T3...

T1 10.506
T2 29.898

Edit: I wouldn't mind running the TT's ONLINE... with the effort put in it would be nice to see your name on the leaderboards.

Good News - I passed my driving test this morning:D:tup:

Bad News - I'm 🤬 at Eiger. After 25 laps these are my splits.

T1: 10.663
T2: 30.297

I'm sure I can improve, just have to put in many more practice laps to get used to the car/circuit. And awesome times from everyone else so far, especially those in the 10.4s at T1, thats amazing:eek:👍

About the online/offline discussion, I agree that doing it online would gain recognition, not just for gtplanet, but for the individuals that set those times in the name of GTP. However, I think we should stick to offline TT as a whole, but I think we should try some online time trials once in a while, just to shake things up a bit :P

Jack.

Precisely, I full throttle it once I spot the entry, completing avoiding the grass on entry, you have to slow down to below 140km/h in order to do this, as you mentioned earlier, exit speed is vital entering the tunnel, you can make up a tenth easily. A .5 with good exit speed is as good as a mid .4 feathering, plus its much easier to do, anything to get you into a rythm well help you refine your end of lap techniques.

Gearige with this car can be much of a muchness, 2nd corner I use gear 2, but I have achieved identical results with a well timed gear 3 exit (.65x-.7xx T2 range) I drop it down to gear 1 for the tight right uphiller after T2, I release the gas and downshift to gear 2 for the uphill left hairpin, monitoring the speed in order to avoid understeering up the hill. For the right I use gear 1, its really a feel corner this one, you can be equally fast If you let the car drift out a bit, in order to get a good drive up the short hill, or If you sacrifice exit speed by using a tighter inside line, again for the last left hairpin I do the same for the other left hand hairpin- no braking, downshift to 2nd and watch the speedo to no when to accelerate out of the corner, probably avoid grass usage as you exit this final hairpin, although with my best lap I had to drop 2 wheels on it on exit, again its a much of a muchness. I hope my T2-T3 description is of any value, its really the majority of the lap so It's rather important;)

Thanks for the info there Dan. For the most part I kept the car in 2nd gear for the T3, I found it much easier to keep the car in check for the tight corners. I am much to lazy to worry about the rear end and then loosing time when I shift the car. I found better results keeping the car in 2nd going up the right hander hill. Although, when thinking about it, if I shift into first I would have more torque and also would be able to get the car slowed enough for the uphill right hander after T2.

I will work on some laps with 1st gear again, but again, the car is much more stable in 2nd. I was doing what you were doing going to first then power sliding the car with a quick shift to 2nd, but I found that too distracting and lost time.

The second right hander, which is extremely tight, I do shift into first because you can swing the rear end around the tight corner and then setup for a wide in line for the left hander for the final up hill straight.

I know where all of my time lies, I just need to piece it all together.

Thanks for the feedback. It makes me realize that I am not that bad.

Thanks for the insight into your theory of a lap at Eiger, Dan 👍

New splits

Faster time but a lot slower T3....so
I feel a decent result for me this week (I hope) :lol:

I dont race WRS much but I agree it would be a pleasant change to see all the weeks hard work show on the leaderboards 👍

... some weeks the first place time will be beat by as many as 3 or 5 GTP tags and yet one week later the original record holder is still in the number 1 slot which is a bit of a rip off for the guys who actually topped him with hard work and lots of laps! Also it helps to promote 100% clean racing when a GTP tag is in the top slot ;) just my thought on this subject 👍

Might try this one tomorrow on my day off work :)

Reading what everyone is saying, I am starting to come around to it and I too would agree that some online TTs for a while might be really nice. The suspense factor will still be there of course on weeks when we are using S1 tyres, N tyres or online free run as we probably won't make it up the leaderboard (if there is one).

I could also use the online leaderboards to see how far I have to go to beat Ian and Matt every week :lol:

All the best
Maz

Regarding the Online TT's - Will just say that I'm willing to try something out, in the near future, to see how it works. A "test" if you will. It would not be for week 51, that one is already planned and the format does not suit.

I can see some administrative and competitive drawbacks, but no better way to make those apparent and see what we're up against than to try it.

If anything, it might add one more race type into the mix, something we can use with Prologue. ;)

Please move any further conversation on the Online TT Subject over here -

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=112000

:cheers:
Kevin

Thanks for the tips Dan, very useful for us slower players. I agree that online would be good, even I running in D4 can usually make the top 50 on tracks and cars that are not overrused combos (weeks 49 and 50 being perfect examples). It would make a nice change to see a selsction of GTP heading the field rather than GTRP or others teams.

EDIT: Sorry Kevin, we posted at the same time :dunce:

Last edited:
Good News - I passed my driving test this morning:D:tup:

Congrats ! :)

I think our fellow US GTPlaneters don't realize how it is difficult in Europe.

I can tell you, you would be amazed how it's easy and cheap to pass your driving test here in Texas :sly:

When I passed my driving test in France that was another story...:ouch:

I can tell you, you would be amazed how it's easy and cheap to pass your driving test here in Texas :sly:

Thanks man!

Yeah it definitely requires a lot of money and time in the UK:tdown: which is why I'm glad I passed first time:lol:

Jack.

I never even had to take a driving test in Texas. I gave them the papers and they handed me my license.

Also,

I'm sorry guys this is a stupid question but how do you race offline. Please show me a link or let me know. Thanks I did try and look for a link.

Just disconnect yourself from the PSN before you run the TT. You do this by pressing the PS button, going to my account, press triangle, then press sign out. Hit the PS button to return to GT (sorry if that is obvious but it saves you having to ask if it isn't).

And remember to not log on again until you have exited the time trial altogether. Otherwise your time will be uploaded to the server and shown on the leaderboard anyway.

How do you get to 449BHP?

• Power: 449 BHP
  • Weight: 1569 KG
  • Driving Aids: Optional
  • Transmission: Optional
  • Tyre Type: S2 / S2
  • In-Race RA Functions: Optional (if available)

How do you get to 449BHP?

• Power: 449 BHP
  • Weight: 1569 KG
  • Driving Aids: Optional
  • Transmission: Optional
  • Tyre Type: S2 / S2
  • In-Race RA Functions: Optional (if available)

That's the power of the stock GTS, you can't tune in TT mode 👍

Back