GTP_WRS Week 50 : Foreign Invasion

• Thread starter EDK
  • 113 comments

First 30laps, splits are from lap 30. Took about half of the session to get anywhere near these splits, learning the lines and throttle control needed. About 0.1 off my best in sector 1, PB in sector 2 (all other previous bests in the session were 30.4+), and final corner lost me 0.5sec, of course. :lol: BB 0, didn't try any other settings for that.

I used - gears and min speeds for each corner:
2nd/51mph for turn 1
2nd/36mph for turn 2
3rd/78mph for turn 3
3rd/53mph for turn 4
3rd/59mph for turn 5 (bank)
3rd/78mph for turn 6, with no shift up to 4th beforehand...it can bounce on the limiter once or twice doing it this way
3rd/88mph for the next 2 turns of the esses, keeping the left side tires LEFT of the white line exiting esses
flat out and up to 4th for the next 2 esses
2nd/38mph (probably SLOW for min speed) after braking at 122mph in 4th gear, just before the 100m board

For normal upshifts I'm revving the snot out of it! :D

First 30laps, splits are from lap 30. Took about half of the session to get anywhere near these splits, learning the lines and throttle control needed. About 0.1 off my best in sector 1, PB in sector 2 (all other previous bests in the session were 30.4+), and final corner lost me 0.5sec, of course. :lol: BB 0, didn't try any other settings for that.

I used - gears and min speeds for each corner:
2nd/51mph for turn 1
2nd/36mph for turn 2
3rd/78mph for turn 3
3rd/53mph for turn 4
3rd/59mph for turn 5 (bank)
3rd/78mph for turn 6, with no shift up to 4th beforehand...it can bounce on the limiter once or twice doing it this way
3rd/88mph for the next 2 turns of the esses, keeping the left side tires LEFT of the white line exiting esses
flat out and up to 4th for the next 2 esses
2nd/38mph (probably SLOW for min speed) after braking at 122mph in 4th gear, just before the 100m board

For normal upshifts I'm revving the snot out of it! :D

Great splits Lucas, hopefully I can benefit from this info during my next session. Thanks for sharing! 👍

Updated splits

It seems I get a different time when I change track conditions, my first 2 splits a few posts back where done in sunny conditions. I spent over an hour when it was sunny, and I did not beat any of the 2 spilt times when I change track conditions, I went faster :).

Only had time for 10 laps tonight, good thing this happened on the 10th lap. :dopey:

New PB in T1, and I saw a 30.165 in T2 on a previous lap so still can get 0.2 there. Final sector was much better this time so I got 0.5 overall at the line.

Turn 1 was really close for the front right tire almost getting fully off the rumble into the grass, but I just hung on by a centimeter of contact patch. That might have helped get the awesome T1 time, but the other corners in that sector were pretty good too.

Don't be afraid of the curbs too much, it can handle a good amount of riding them in various places, with only the outside tires on the red-n-whites.

I have to say, as much as I dislike he combo...

After 20 laps of this, I went into the online Daily races, and drove the RSR way smoother around Interlagos than I ever did.

I’m learning that my laps are done on the very edge of control, which is why they’re so inconsistent. When I chillax I go inside a second for my fastest time but I can do that split all day.

I'm having a bad day.

Thought I would delete some of my saved replays of the NSX, went to the end of the list not thinking it did not save at the top left (first replay in list) started deleting, yep :mad::mad::mad: 🤬 last to replays were the latest to be saved.

Both fastest laps are now gone. :dunce:

Any body know if I download my saved application data would they come back or are they gone for good.

Edit: panic over.

I tell you these Meds I'm taking mess with your noodle, I have scrolled down the page one line and thought I had 🤬 up. Replays all there still, think I'll quit while I am ahead. :boggled::boggled:

Last edited:
getting better but this will probably be my last run until maybe Monday night, my lovely sister is coming for the weekend and she likes food and drink even more than me.....and that is saying something :lol:

I can't say driving this one gives me much pleasure, but the addiction means I keep trying :crazy:

Back